AKL Value studios?

We bought AKV because of the awesome point chart. We have a value 2 bedroom booked for our next two trips and I booked them at the 11 month window. Last year I was able to get a concierge 2 bedroom too at the 11 month window! I love being able to splurge or save points there!!!!

That is exactly why we are buying there!

An added bonus of the value rooms is that if you are lucky you might even get a Savannah view.

Last year, I was able to book one during the F&G festival at Epcot only 2 months out, was quite surprised.

I actually preferred the room layout to the regular studio over at Kidani, it was nice to have the sink outside the bathroom. Also liked the african map wallpaper.

An added bonus of the value rooms is that if you are lucky you might even get a Savannah view.

Actually, the best savannah view I've ever had was from a value studio. And that's considering that I've had 2 savannah view studios. I've booked a value studio next month, and I've really got my fingers crossed that I'll get the same view. But if I don't, oh well. Just think of all the points I'm saving!

I also like the standard views at Jambo because they are all pool view. So if you aren't lucky enough to snag value category, you can still save points and have a really nice view of the pool and not have to look at a parking lot. I think AKV is great because of the various options. You can splurge, and do CL or be really point frugal and do value. Win Win! LOVE MY AKV!!!

You can no longer request a view from a value room.
But I think I have heard a mention that all value dedicated studios have a savanna view, and you can still request a dedicated studio...

But I think I have heard a mention that all value dedicated studios have a savanna view, and you can still request a dedicated studio...

They used to have dedicated as a type of value studio on your reservation, they don't do that any more. I have heard that people can request specific room numbers.

The way I got around it was to request a specific value villa that I knew was savannah view. I tried requesting a savannah view, but the CM told me they didn't accept that. However, when I asked if I could request a specific #, she kind of laughed and said that was fine. I realize that that's not a great way to guarantee a savannah view at all, but at least I asked. Now we'll just have to wait another 34 days and see what I get. Either way the points are low.

There are a total of 18 value studios. There are 10 2-bedroom lock-offs in the value category so those could be reserved as 10 1-bedrooms and 10 studios. And there are 8 dedicated value studios which don't connect to anything except the hallway. Here's a map of Jambo House and the Values are along the Giraffe and Ostrich Trails.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

So going from the map,,are all the dedicated studios savanna views? if I see it correct.:thumbsup2

There are a total of 18 value studios. There are 10 2-bedroom lock-offs in the value category so those could be reserved as 10 1-bedrooms and 10 studios. And there are 8 dedicated value studios which don't connect to anything except the hallway. Here's a map of Jambo House and the Values are along the Giraffe and Ostrich Trails.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

So going from the map,,are all the dedicated studios savanna views? if I see it correct.:thumbsup2

They used to have dedicated as a type of value studio on your reservation, they don't do that any more. I have heard that people can request specific room numbers.

if you book a value room, you take your chances. chances are low for getting a parking lot view, but someone has to get them...

:) Booked 2 value studios at 11 months 8am on the dot (or whatever time MS opened) for Nov 2012. I just posted those views on a similar thread a few minutes ago.

Now that there is online booking I had two screens pulled up at once and got 2 value studios for this Nov and again for May. When that clock rolled around at 11 months I had them.

I checked back a few days afterward and there was one (at least) still available.

We do not have children and love taking my parents and MIL and giving them their on space....they never complain about going to Disney with us.

Since we skipped May this year, we have enough points coming in 2014 to book a fall trip with just DH and I. When we are no longer able to take our parents then we will splurge on a 1 bedroom but for now studios are fine.

:) Booked 2 value studios at 11 months 8am on the dot (or whatever time MS opened) for Nov 2012. I just posted those views on a similar thread a few minutes ago.

Now that there is online booking I had two screens pulled up at once and got 2 value studios for this Nov and again for May. When that clock rolled around at 11 months I had them.

I checked back a few days afterward and there was one (at least) still available.

We do not have children and love taking my parents and MIL and giving them their on space....they never complain about going to Disney with us.

Since we skipped May this year, we have enough points coming in 2014 to book a fall trip with just DH and I. When we are no longer able to take our parents then we will splurge on a 1 bedroom but for now studios are fine.

I'm happy to see this post because we will be booking two values at the same time during the same month and I have been so worried about being able to get two...good to know it is possible ;)

:) So glad to know my post helped. Now don't book the same week as me and nobody gets hurt.....:rotfl2:

Have a great trip and you are special to be sharing this treat with your family and friends.

Looking at the map it looks like Ostrich trail rooms are savannah and parking lot views while giraffe trail are pool views. Do they let you choose Ostrich vs Giraffe? If you can request a specific room which would be better closer to the lobby or the farther rooms? We booked a few days in a value 2BR for DD's 11 birthday in March...first time booking value and I'm a bit nervous. Loved the 1BR savannah view we had in May but can't beat the lower points for a value room.

There are eight dedicated studios in the Value category. Four of them face the Sunset Savanna, the other four face the pool area. Back when the dedicated studios were a separate booking category, people booked a dedicated studio to avoid the parking lot view.

both resorts are fantastic.:thumbsup2

if you ever want club level you must res. at the 11 month window otherwise you will never get it.

all other dvc rooms in jambo house are pretty far from the buses. those halls are really long.:rolleyes2

kidani is one of 2 dvc buildings (blt is the other) that has 2 bathrooms in a 1br instead of 1. that is a big blessing for a large family. we are lucky enough to own at both.

akl has really great restaurants and also the most beautiful christmas decorations, if you are there at christmas. pixiedust: also mickey, minnie, goofy and donald are usually there around dinner time for pictures at the big tree. also santa!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter