AKL Standard View Room

49rt67

Mouseketeer
We would like to stay at AKL in October. Has anyone ever stayed in a Standard View room? The Savannah View room is a bit pricey for us. We don't spend a lot of time in room, but would like to experience AKL.

We would like to stay at AKL in October. Has anyone ever stayed in a Standard View room? The Savannah View room is a bit pricey for us. We don't spend a lot of time in room, but would like to experience AKL.

Have you considered a pool view room? It's only about $10/night more and you won't be looking at a roof or parking lot (if that's what your concern is). :goodvibes

I recommend booking a pool view room. They are all in convenient locations, fairly close to the Boma, Jiko, Mara, the lounge, the gift shop, etc. They are only $10 more per night. :goodvibes

I also recommend a pool view room. For a few dollars extra a night you will have a nicer view and get to really experience the atmosphere of AKL.

For my past 2 trips we have stayed on rented points in a standard studio at Kidani. Loved it! There are enough other areas to view the animals from, we didn't miss not having them right out the balcony. I can't justify the price difference even when renting points. if you don't plan on spending much time in the room, I say go with your pocketbook.

Have never stayed in a standard view, but have stayed in a pool view as well as savanna view and we liked our pool view just as much as the savanna view. A pool view is only about $10 more a night over standard and we loved the location as we were convenient to the lobby, gift shop, and elevator to go down to the pool and Mara.

I had to laugh when we got to our "standard view" room, opened the drapes and was staring at a giraffe! Seems some of the standard views used to be savanna view and were reclassified after complaints the view wasn't perfect. might have been an annoyance at full price, but it makes a nice bonus at the cheap rate :-) I don't think I'd spring fir the savanna room especially if you are not going to be in the room much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!