AKL- how do i get to closest grocery?

bratray

<font color=red>Disney Planning Addict<br><font co
hello

now that i have bought all these snacks for our vacation i realize now they don't want any food in your luggage- sooooo
where is the closest grocery store to AKL and please can you tell me how to get there? we will have a car

does anyone know if a regular sized book bag is acceptable to bring on board as a carry on

thanks

lisa

We stayed in October and needed a grocery because of the baby. The valet gave us great directions to the super wal-mart. the prices were great and they ave everything you need. My directions won't be as good, but here goes:

When you leave the AKL turn left. You are then on the main road. Go stright for about 12 miles and the Wal-mart wil be on your left. It is farther away than others but the valet said the prices were better and it was easier to get in and out of.

Have fun

When you take a left out of AKL, you are on a Disney road. There is a set of lights still within view of AKL and you bear right at those lights.... I believe it is 192 but someone else can confirm. There are dozens of stores, pharmacies and restaurants on this road. You shouldn't have trouble finding a thing.... not more than 5 minutes away!

Actually the closest grocery store to AKL is Publix and is SIMPLE to get to. When you exit out of AKL, you'll be on Osceola Parkway. Continue straight on this road off Disney Property. You'll go through two or three lights, but at the next light you'll see the HUGE Gaylord Palms resort, turn right at this light (International Drive South) and the Publix will be on your left 3/4 miles down the road. My guess is that this is approx a 5 minute drive.

Do NetGrocer and have the groceries waiting for you at check in, or since you already bought the items, send them ahead to the resort.

When you leave AKL you will make a left and come to the intersection at Osceola PKWY. you want to make a right, which will take you on to Sherbeth road. Travel 1 mile on Sherberth road. Sherberth road will take you to 192. At the light you will make a right and travel down 192 approximately 1.2 miles.. Publix wil be on the right. This is a much quicker Publix to get to than the one on international drive

We always go to the Publix on 192. Just like an earlier poster said. Turn right and follow that road for about 1 mile. You will pass Disney's Main Gate complex. When you get to the light take a right and it's about 1 mile on your right. Great prices, nothing like the outrageous prices of the Cross Roads/Goodlings (where we use to shop until someone told us how close the Publix was). Takes less than 10 minutes from the All Stars or AKL. We usually pick up our bottled water there for less than .50 a bottle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest