AKL club level

Alicia22

Mouseketeer
I just got hot with the lucky stick and found a club level room for first stay at AKL. We have never stayed club level. Can anyone who has stayed there recently tell me what to expect? Are food and services back to 100%?

I was just there Dec 1-4. It was my first stay in CL so I can’t say what it was like compared to pre-pandemic.

They have the breakfast service from 7-10:30 AM. Cold cuts, cheese, smoked salmon, fruit/yogurt/granola and your typical breakfast pastries. Seemed like they also would have oatmeal and a hot egg dish each morning as well. Coffee, tea, juices and canned pops out all day.

The afternoon service was mostly snacks. Some bagged chips, cookies.

Dinner service was cold cuts, cheese, various spreads and breads,
fruit/veggies and uncrustables. There was a chef serving up small tasting plates of 2 hot items each night. There was always plenty to go around! They also put out beer and wine during this time, 5-7 PM.

Desserts were available between 8-10 PM. 2-3 options, mini cupcakes, tarts and such.

^ Thanks for the pictures! We have a stay one night before our Maiden Wish Cruise!

There's a recent video from paging Mr. Morrow. You can also order drinks, like mimosas and such.

We were also there early December - so awesome to get back. Like well documented above, breakfast seemed to be pretty much 100% from pre-Covid. It was the afternoon snack time period with the biggest change - the spreads and breads we enjoy so much were replaced by a lot of prepackaged snacks like chips and trail mix and candies. The evening apps and desserts were close to normal. Drink availability seemed normal. All things considered, we were delighted with our stay and very happy to have it back. We don't get there often for CL, but really enjoy it. One thing that was consistent from before - the staff was amazing. Enjoy!

Can you go at 9:30am on check in day even though check in is at 4? Also the mimosas, do you pay for those?

Can you go at 9:30am on check in day even though check in is at 4? Also the mimosas, do you pay for those?

yes, I ate breakfast there on a split stay. We had band issues and they gave us a card. They have a lot of drinks for free. At least mimosas and sangria, beer, wine. We did tip the server.

yes, I ate breakfast there on a split stay. We had band issues and they gave us a card. They have a lot of drinks for free. At least mimosas and sangria, beer, wine. We did tip the server.
And check out day, can you use it in afternoon and dinner time? Thanks for the info. We have 1 night this weekend.

One more question...do they have a TV in the lounge? To watch play offs or just for kids' cartoons?

One more question...do they have a TV in the lounge? To watch play offs or just for kids' cartoons?
There are a couple TVs, but I've only seen kids movies and entertainment, along with the typical Disney page showing park hours and the weather. Not sure they would turn on the game, but I guess it couldn't hurt to ask.

So I just noticed on the DVC website under Jambo that it has red writing that says club level amenities are not offered currently and they don't have a date for resuming. I know it used to say that when it was closed but then they reopened. So is it from then and just not been removed or did they just close it again?

Yea, that message is interesting. Seems to me that's probably an old message that needs to be removed or revised, but I'm not 100% certain. I can tell you when we enjoyed the AKL CL 4 weeks ago, it was definitely open. The offerings were a bit reduced and changed from pre-Covid, but the experience was still very, very good. And there seem to be posters above who have been there even more recently than we were. If they had re-closed the CL again, seems like that would have been big news on these boards. This would not be the only out-dated message that needs updating on a Disney site. I hope that's all it is.

So other people told me that message is the old one from before. Let's hope because I got email today saying something about due to circumstances some amenities might not be available at this time.

Also we grabbed a night at RR for Sunday that we just saw available. Will they switch us over to being guests at RR by 4pm so that we won't have access to the club lounge at Jambo for the 5-7 evening offerings?

So other people told me that message is the old one from before. Let's hope because I got email today saying something about due to circumstances some amenities might not be available at this time.

Also we grabbed a night at RR for Sunday that we just saw available. Will they switch us over to being guests at RR by 4pm so that we won't have access to the club lounge at Jambo for the 5-7 evening offerings?
You will have access to resort amenities, including Club Level if you have it, all day the day of check-in through all day the day of check-out. You should have access to CL all day the day you move from AKV CL to RR. You'll also have access to all resort amenities at RR that day - a win win!

And I do think there is a difference between a message saying no amenities available, and a message saying 'some' amenities are unavailable. The offerings were definitely slightly reduced when we were there last month, but it was perhaps 80% of what we've gotten used to. Breakfast was practically normal. The biggest different was during the afternoon where they replaced many of their usual great snack options with bags of snacks, trail mix type options, and some candies.

You will have access to resort amenities, including Club Level if you have it, all day the day of check-in through all day the day of check-out. You should have access to CL all day the day you move from AKV CL to RR. You'll also have access to all resort amenities at RR that day - a win win!

And I do think there is a difference between a message saying no amenities available, and a message saying 'some' amenities are unavailable. The offerings were definitely slightly reduced when we were there last month, but it was perhaps 80% of what we've gotten used to. Breakfast was practically normal. The biggest different was during the afternoon where they replaced many of their usual great snack options with bags of snacks, trail mix type options, and some candies.
Perfect. Thank you. Should be a fun weekend. Cannot wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter