AKL club level

We had a great time last weekend. We went Sat around 10am and were able to enjoy the breakfast with 2 mimosas. The food was a bit minimalist. I had oatmeal and a small pastry (the maple one and it was very yummy but they are tiny). DH likes the salmon and cheese on a bagel so he had that, the hot egg dish and some apple pastry. We had to take the last table as it was kind of busy in there.

We came back in the afternoon, after going to AK (and having a drink and app at Nomad's) and each grabbed a bag of choc chip cookies and asked for water bottles as they don't keep those out. And we went to check out our room. It was the very 1st one off the lounge and next to the kitchen doors. It was noisy and ended up waking me at 5am the next day. The view was right above Boma and an ostrich was out there and a few other horned animals.

We then sat at the Victoria Falls and bought some beer while we watched football and chatted with another couple while waiting for the 5pm dinner offerings. We could have sat up in the lounge and waited but DH wanted to watch football. We did go up at like 4:30, asked for wine and then brought out my tablet to put on ESPN+ and watch hockey. Then the food started and the hot offerings were seafood chowder and some fried falafel thing that I thought was yucky. They gave you 1 the size of a fried pickle chip. The chowder was good but was in dish that was like 2 bites. You can get in line again to get another, as many times as you like. They had a cold offering too, some shrimp risotto salad on an actual spoon dish that you pick up. That was good. But tiny. It seems this isn't meant so much as a meal but a tide-me-over thing. Or you have to take 4 portions of everything to make a meal. The every day stuff is: veges, meats, cheeses, dips, breads and cut up uncrustables. They have the beer and wine out and sodas in the fridge plus iced tea, water and lemonaid in the glass containers with taps.

We went back to our room and hung out and at 7:54 I fell asleep so I missed desserts but DH went and got some and then put one of each in a bowl in the fridge for me. I woke at 10:45, looked at the clock and thought I missed out but he told me they were in fridge so I ate them. They were just okay and also teeny tiny. I liked the cone one the best and could have eaten 5 of them.

Next morning I was woken at 5am to clanking of dishes and whatnot as the CMs were preparing. I went out at 6:15 and asked for coffee. At 7am we did breakfast. I tried out the Nespresso and made a latte. They had the Boma bread pudding this day so I HAD to get that. And I also had fruit and another of the maple pastries. Very good.

We went off to switch to Riviera and then did Hollywood Studios and Epcot with a stop to watch football at Boardwalk Clown pool bar. Eventually we took gondola back to RR and took our bags to our room. DH watched a little more football while I went for a coffee in that lobby coffee shop. Then we drove over to AKL for the 5:30 dinner at the lounge. We tried to use our band at the arm gate and it didn't open so we had to wait for the guard to check our ID and lift the arm for us. Now I was afraid our bands would also not allow us on the 6th floor for the club access. But they did.

We walked in around 5:40 and the lounge was packed. Again we grabbed the last open table and stood in lines for the hot foods and the buffet (it was busy). They had butter chicken over rice (literally just 1 piece of chicken) and tomato soup that was a thimble size. The cold salad in the spoon tonight was something that sounded yucky. I didn't try it. But I did get 4 of the butter chickens and soups. DH got about 7. LOL. The place was super busy the whole time we were there. It was cold these 2 days so maybe more people hanging inside.

After eating we took a plastic cup of wine down to look at the animals and sit for a bit. DH wanted to come back up for seconds (he only had 5 servings of the hot stuff at this point). As we were walking down we noticed the fire pit on so we decided to go down the outside stairs to sit there. We went back up later and got DH's seconds. I refilled my wine. I tried to go in the restroom to clean wine stain off my shirt a bit but that single stall room was always occupied. I was missing our room right off the lounge that night. I did ask for 2 more water bottles to take back to RR for the night. They are the small ones so I should have been asking for 4 each time.

In the end it was a nice time and totally worth it even with the location of our room and the small limited food offerings. I do wish they had the water bottles out and maybe even the champagne too (for the mimosas) as I hate asking for them. But we looked at the point difference between AKV club studio and RR studio for a Sat in Jan...AKV is 23 and RR is 18 and 24 (based on views). So 5 more points for all that food and drink plus animal watching. Yep, it's a deal. And the preferred view at RR is MORE than AKV club level. Nah, no thanks!

Last edited:
The couple pictures I took...

Club gift which was a white chocolate bar

1st breakfast

1st dinner

Our view

Last edited:
The "twilight offerings" were never meant to be dinner- they are meant to be appetizers or even an amuse bouche - that is why they are so small. Another reason, I believe, is to limit waste- as people will grab something to try and if they find it "yucky", then not as much was wasted with a small serving - you can always go back and get more if you like it.

Every time we've been there since opening ( sometimes regular resort bookings, sometimes DVC) the club lounge has been packed - and I wonder if part of the reason is that so many people use the lounge after they've checked out (or before they've checked in), thereby possibly doubling the number of guests trying to find seating. I know that Universal has a strict limit on using their club lounges after you've checked out ( generally not after 2pm); and I wonder if that will be something that Disney will need to enforce in the future. With so many people staying only one night and using the lounge for 2 nights, they are doubling the number of guests in the lounge at one time. There were more than a few people who were quite upset that they couldn't find seating for their family.

The "twilight offerings" were never meant to be dinner- they are meant to be appetizers or even an amuse bouche - that is why they are so small. Another reason, I believe, is to limit waste- as people will grab something to try and if they find it "yucky", then not as much was wasted with a small serving - you can always go back and get more if you like it.

Every time we've been there since opening ( sometimes regular resort bookings, sometimes DVC) the club lounge has been packed - and I wonder if part of the reason is that so many people use the lounge after they've checked out (or before they've checked in), thereby possibly doubling the number of guests trying to find seating. I know that Universal has a strict limit on using their club lounges after you've checked out ( generally not after 2pm); and I wonder if that will be something that Disney will need to enforce in the future. With so many people staying only one night and using the lounge for 2 nights, they are doubling the number of guests in the lounge at one time. There were more than a few people who were quite upset that they couldn't find seating for their family.

Disney has allowed the concierge lounge use as it is since I've been going and my first visit to a concierge lounge (usually Poly) was mid nineties.

I've stayed at Jambo in concierge rooms many times, especially when first opened. They've now gotten so popular I rarely snag one.

Many people appear to make dinner out of the offerings. I'm a light eater so a small serving or two combined with some of the cold items are usually enough. When I have a restaurant booked, I usually just go for breakfast (coffee and a pastry) and maybe sweets before bed with a liqueur. I love a gran marnier; wonder if they still have it?

I've seen the lounge with no tables and I just take what I want back to my room. I've also seen other Disney lounges with no where to sit and full on chaos, making for a less peaceful environment. I actually think the Jambo house CL is pretty good, albeit small. It's definitely a good value, if you consider the price of dues on 5 points, plus up to 4-5 allowed in a room.

Yeah it is def not meant to be full meals. Meant as just provide snacks while you are in your resort between activities and while waiting for ADRs. Kinda a to replace the stuff we would typically tote with us when we stay (like beer or wine and water bottles and juice and coffee and snacks and breakfast items). Make it more work free type of trip...no buying that stuff and either packing it and lugging it in or having it delivered. We probably won't do the double use again (where we did the whole day on arrival and check out day).

So totally worth the extra points to book it though. And we are fortunate to be able to grab random days as they pop up since we have a house down here. I think I have it booked 2 more random nights this year. So far.

And yes, they have the grand Marnier and other dessert cordials. We didn't get those as I was asleep and DH isn't into them. But I will next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter