Akershus or CRT - Help Me Decide!

We are usually on the dining plan and for my credit -- Akeshurs wins every time. You get to meet almost all of the princesses: Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine, Ariel, Snow White, Merida, Aurora, and I want to say Rapunzel was there our last trip but can't really remember without going back and digging through pictures as it was 3 years ago.

Just be sure to preview the menu if going for lunch or dinner as it is mostly Norwegian fare and might not be pleasing to all those in your party. Breakfast is pretty standard with a little Norwegian flare.

CRT is 2 TS credits on the DDP and I just can't bring myself to "spend" that nor to pay OOP for this meal.

However, you really can't go wrong! You are eating with Princesses either way!

I didn't realize all those princesses are in Akershus! The biggest one for DD is Aurora but I think she also would love Jasmine and Merida.

We've done both breakfasts and had great experiences. I preferred the experience at CRT bit while the food there was good, we liked the hot food at the table with the cold options on the buffet at Akershus.

CRT is totally worth it if you've never done it, and for us worth it if you have.

IME, the character interaction quality is based on how into it your kids are - sometimes they're more tired and don't do as much interacting on their end, for instance. I don't think you can really make generalizations as to the character interaction based on the restaurant.

Hi! We're getting close to our 180 days and are hoping for an ADR to Akershus. I read this post with interest & feel satisfied that Akershus is a good choice for us, but I am confused about something that maybe someone here knows. If we do an 8am-ish ADR for Akershus, I have heard that Princesses don't start mingling until around 830am, so we may be there until 945am or so if we want to meet every Princess (which we do). So will that time frame ruin our chances of getting to FEA or a Meet & Greet before a big crowd? I'm wondering if maybe we should do a later ADR for Akershus & try to do Soarin or TT at rope drop with a FEA FPP instead.... any advice appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter