Akershus or CRT - Help Me Decide!

wmjeffer

Mouseketeer
I'm having the hardest time making this decision. This was a last minute trip, so we're limited in the reservations we've been able to grab. I have a princess obsessed three year old. Here are the facts:

Akerhus ressie for 8:05am (9am opening) on second day of trip

OR

CRT ressie at 8:55am (9am opening) on third day of trip

More info:
- We have done Akershus breakfast before, but not CRT. We did a late Akershus breakfast last November. We enjoyed the food.
- We're spending three of our six park days in MK, so while I'm not thrilled to lose precious park time with CRT, it's not necessarily a deal breaker.
- We really want to meet Jasmine this time and I know she is part of the normal line-up at CRT (but I also understand that princess substitutions can happen). So CRT could help us avoid another character line.
- We have been unable to secure a FEA fastpass because of this being a last minute trip. I'd be willing to skip it (I thought it was just ok), but my daughter not only loved it last time, but she remembers it and asks about it. So, if she saw the entrance I know she would want to ride, but I don't think she could handle a long line (being an impatient preschooler and all!). So, I'm tempted to do Akershus just to try to scoot out and ride FEA before the rope droppers. But I also know this is definitely not a guarantee, and rushing through such an expensive meal is a bummer too.
- The difference in price is not enough to sway me one way or another (we're paying OOP), but I'm really not sure about paying for both meals, considering the amount of princess overlap.

I'm super torn here :sad1: What would you do? Any other pros/cons I'm not considering?

Go with the menu you prefer.

Personally, I just can't justify the price of CRT based on the menu choices (for my family). My kids like the variety of sideboard options at Akershus, and DH loves the hot platter.

I'm having the hardest time making this decision. This was a last minute trip, so we're limited in the reservations we've been able to grab. I have a princess obsessed three year old. Here are the facts:

OR

Coin toss.

You have outlined the pros and cons of each choice - none of us can really assist at this point.

-- Akershus is a 'better' experience interacting with the Princesses & you have the possibility of getting on the front of the line for FEA.

-- You've never been to CRT, but recognize that a 9am reservation for a 9am Park Opening can be reconciled by having enough time scheduled at Magic Kingdom.

CRT is a lovely room. Given what you've expressed - I'd recommend here.

We've done both and will never go back to akershus. I know this is only my opinion, but we always will do CRT for that type of princess meal. We had amazing interactions with characters at crt. Akershus was so rushed and impersonal. Also, the food was not to our liking at akershus. For breakfast that may not matter as I think the foods are probably similar.

OR

More info:
- We have done Akershus breakfast before, but not CRT. We did a late Akershus breakfast last November. We enjoyed the food.
- We're spending three of our six park days in MK, so while I'm not thrilled to lose precious park time with CRT, it's not necessarily a deal breaker.
- We really want to meet Jasmine this time and I know she is part of the normal line-up at CRT (but I also understand that princess substitutions can happen). So CRT could help us avoid another character line.
- We have been unable to secure a FEA fastpass because of this being a last minute trip. I'd be willing to skip it (I thought it was just ok), but my daughter not only loved it last time, but she remembers it and asks about it. So, if she saw the entrance I know she would want to ride, but I don't think she could handle a long line (being an impatient preschooler and all!). So, I'm tempted to do Akershus just to try to scoot out and ride FEA before the rope droppers. But I also know this is definitely not a guarantee, and rushing through such an expensive meal is a bummer too.
- The difference in price is not enough to sway me one way or another (we're paying OOP), but I'm really not sure about paying for both meals, considering the amount of princess overlap.

I'm super torn here :sad1: What would you do? Any other pros/cons I'm not considering?

We've done CRT breakfast twice and even though the price is ludicrous I'd probably do it again. The food is pretty meh-basic - certainty no better or worse than Akershus breakfast, which we've done once - but we've always had great service and the character interaction really is nice. Atmosphere sends CRT well over the edge for me: such a lovely room and so nice eating in the castle. Yes, I'm a sucker! I'd try to RD FEA for your daughter - just came back and the lines were not nearly as bad as advertised - and cross CRT breakfast off your list. Hope you have a wonderful time!!

I'd pick Akershus and get in line for FEA. Our last experience at CRT was terrible- waited close to an hour to be seated for breakfast, terrible service, food was not good, and character interactions were rushed. Just not worth the price.

We've had much better experiences at Akershus- food is much better, service has always been good, and character interactions are great. My DD also loves parading around with the Princesses.

I think I would do Akershus bc of the timing. You can definitely ride FEA right after breakfast and then go over to Morocco to meet Jasmine before there is much of a line.

I think you said you have 3 days in MK so I would choose CRT. YOU have not been, so I woudl think this is a lovely way to begin your day.

Wow that's a tough call. I would be undecided as well! I usually always pick Akershus over CRT, since it's a better value IMHO. But, if only for the fact that you've never been to CRT, I'd pick that one. We've been there once for dinner and although we liked it, we liked other character meals/experiences more. Yes the one big plus was actually eating in the castle, but now that we've done it, we aren't going back.

I also would not pick Akershus just to hurry an expensive meal so you could rush on to FEA. If you're going to do a character meal with a 3yo, then enjoy the whole experience and don't rush.

So I'd pick CRT, since you've never been there and will most likely see Jasmine.

I would go with Akershus. To me it's the same thing (princess meal) but less $ and while I've never done CRT I've done Akershus a few times.

We exprienced a rope drop run to FEA in August - we were pleasantly surprised that while the wait time said like an hour we only waited 40 mins or so - and we were "told" that fast pass isn't allowed in until after a while so you might be surprised that the wait isn't as long in the early morning as it would be later in the day because they're not alternating between fast pass and regular line. I don't know the accuracy of that statement, but I will tell you there was no one in a fast pass line when we were in line right away at rope drop.

However, if you've never been to CRT and really want the experience and hope for Jasmine then I'd go with that and plan on a rope drop run to FEA on your EPCOT day - be prepared. it was a wild run. LOL

We are trying to decide this too, as well as whether to sign up for the dining plan. One thing I'm having trouble finding is the actual meal cost at these 2 places. The places I've looked give a range for the price. Our trip is Aug 13-20

I say do both, It's on my plan this year, If you have never done CRT I say do that one if you can only choose one.

I'd go Akershus. CRT just wasn't as good of food and if the ADR is at 8:55 with a MK opening of 9, you'd be in there until 10:30 or so thus the park would already be getting busy before you could even start any of the attractions. With Akershus at 8:05, you could pop out of the place at 9 for a quick ride on FEA with your daughter while hubby holds the table if you aren't finished. Also, if you got to Akershus early, you might be able to get in before your ADR. Just my 2 Cents.

We are torn ourselves! Are there are princesses at Akershus that CRT doesn't have?

We had (pics with) Belle at Akershus - I don't believe she is ever at CRT. We got Cinderella (at the table) at Akershus, along with the others we have always gotten at CRT: Aurora, Ariel, Snow White, Jasmine.

We are usually on the dining plan and for my credit -- Akeshurs wins every time. You get to meet almost all of the princesses: Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine, Ariel, Snow White, Merida, Aurora, and I want to say Rapunzel was there our last trip but can't really remember without going back and digging through pictures as it was 3 years ago.

Just be sure to preview the menu if going for lunch or dinner as it is mostly Norwegian fare and might not be pleasing to all those in your party. Breakfast is pretty standard with a little Norwegian flare.

CRT is 2 TS credits on the DDP and I just can't bring myself to "spend" that nor to pay OOP for this meal.

However, you really can't go wrong! You are eating with Princesses either way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter