Airtran Service ??

nelle

DIS Veteran
I just booked airtran for our trip in May and have a couple of ?'s. I booked online and discovered that they don't issue paper tickets is that right or did I do something wrong? I also noticed that they don't assign seats(well atleast not in the cheap section :D ) do you get seats when you checkin or when you get on the plane? I also noticed that they don't serve food(which is a good thing after the last airline meal we had:eek: )do they serve drinks?
We usually fly Midwest express but they were $100 more then airtran and I didn't see spending the $$ when it is only DH and me on this trip.
I tried doing a search but it is still disabled so sorry if this has been asked before.
Thanks for the help.

We booked our flight online and didn't get a paper ticket but it wasn't a problem. We were assigned our seats at check-in. I did notice on their website that you can now book your seats online if it's within 24 hours of departure. They do serve drinks. We had no problems with Air Tran at all and they're now our airline of choice.

I'd confirm everything that crbfan said, adding I've moved from US Air to Airtran for my prefered carrier for business, after using it for Disney in the fall. The service is quite normal, we were pretty pleased. A note: I don't know if it's still a fact, but as of late September 2002, Airtran were one of the few carriers that would still let you fly standby for no extra charge.

Pat

We just booked for our trip at the end of March through Expedia.com. The only choice we had was a paper ticket, which cost me an additional $20.00.

I booked our tickets in May for our November trip. I printed out the confirmation page, just in case, but didn't need it. I also called their 800 number and was able to get our seat assignments a few months before we went. One more thing, keep checking the web site to make sure your flights are still there. Our 7:30pm non-stop flight got changed to a connecting flight, and no one informed us. I was just lucky that I caught it. I had no problem changing to the 4:15pm non stop flight, and they apologized for the mixup. Another thing.....you can upgrade to first class, at check in, for $35 pp. We weren't able to, already taken, but it would have been nice! Good luck!:D

We also usually fly Midwest Express to WDW but after pricing both we couldn't see paying so much more when the Air Tran flight was also direct. My Brother in Law flew Air Tran to WDW last month and had no problems at all. The only thing missing was the 2 across seating and the food (and the cookies!) but for the savings we can forgo that. I also like having the option of upgrading to Business for only 35.00 we may try that!

Thanks for the information. I got a little worried when I realized that I wasn't going to get paper tickets but I suppose its cheaper to not have them. I will definately try to upgrade to business class thanks for the tip.
Thanks again.

I flew AirTran last October and had no problems. I booked my flight on their internet site, and when i called about getting a paper ticket, they told me that they do not issue paper tickets. They served drinks, and gave out little bags of pretzels. I got my seat at check-in, and found that it you sit in the windo seat, the storage area under the seat in front of you (ie where you can put your carryon) is smaller than the others. If you are sitting there with a big bag, it must go over heard.

I felt their service was great, and my dad, sister & step mom are flying down on them Friday.

We used airtran for the first time last June. We purchased our tickets over the net & didn't get paper tickets or seat assignments. We had no problems at all & would definately use them again.

Have a great trip!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter