Airport transfers and hotels

shelldub

Mouseketeer
Hi all. Cruise booked for October. I’ll be flying in the day before from Ireland.
How do airport transfers work. I was looking at staying in the Hyatt but it’s very expensive. Do I have to stay there? Can I stay in a hotel nearby and go to the airport that morning?
Would appreciate any info/ guidance

You can always stay where you wish and come back to the airport in the morning to catch the shuttle. You will join guests that got off their plane that morning. The shuttle can be boarded on the lower level of Terminal B.

If the quote from the Hyatt website is high, you can call DCL to book your room. They usually offer a flat fee that can be lower than what Hyatt asks for. After a long flight, nothing is easier than stepping off the plane and be in your room 5 minutes later.

Indeed, my TA was able to book a room at the Hyatt for about $65 less than the AAA rate offered on the Hyatt website. Give Disney a call and see what they can offer you. Otherwise, stay elsewhere and shuttle back in the morning.

That’s everyone. Hmm I’ll need to find a European DCL number perhaps to call. I definitely would rather stay in the airport than going off somewhere else and then coming back to the airport. Thanks :)

That’s everyone. Hmm I’ll need to find a European DCL number perhaps to call. I definitely would rather stay in the airport than going off somewhere else and then coming back to the airport. Thanks :)
You may be able to use ON LINE CHAT for that.

Not sure which port you are sailing out of but all ports have many options for transfers to the ship. You don't have to stay at an airport hotel. For example, in Miami we stay at the Airport Embassy. If you don't want to wait for their free shuttle a local cab costs $16 flat rate. Port shuttle runs $8pp from airport area hotels.

Orlando has many airport area hotels and goport will take you to the ship for $25pp roundtrip from either hotel or airport. They will even book your hotel/transportation as a package. Worked well at Christmas. Check the goport.com website to see packages and look for the "early to cruise" on the hotel photos for pickups before 10:30.

In general we don't book hotels through a cruise line. They will charge you the rack rate per person rather than the room cost. And hotel prices can go up and down almost daily. I do most of my booking through hhonors.com (Hilton program) and on that site you can watch the price of the hotel and modify your booking easily if price goes down without cancelling and rebooking.

In general we don't book hotels through a cruise line. They will charge you the rack rate per person rather than the room cost. And hotel prices can go up and down almost daily.
That is not true of the MCO Hyatt booked through DCL. They charge a flat rate for the room, regardless of the number of guests. That rate is very often lower than the lowest price available on the Hyatt website, which is the AAA non-refundable rate, at least it was when cruising was going strong.

Once, we found a lower price on the Hyatt site after booking the same room with DCL. We just cancelled that booking without penalty and rebooked directly with Hyatt.

That is not true of the MCO Hyatt booked through DCL. They charge a flat rate for the room, regardless of the number of guests. That rate is very often lower than the lowest price available on the Hyatt website, which is the AAA non-refundable rate, at least it was when cruising was going strong.

Once, we found a lower price on the Hyatt site after booking the same room with DCL. We just cancelled that booking without penalty and rebooked directly with Hyatt.

As I posted previously, my TA was able to get us a rate ~$65 cheaper than the Hyatt's website had, even for AAA. That's for a cruise coming up in a few weeks.

Last edited:
You could stay anywhere you would like and book your own private transportation to Port Canaveral. With the hotel room savings, you will probably come out spending less than at the Hyatt and taking Disney transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!