Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

We started with $27 that was almost immediately cancelled. Then we got $30, and she actually showed up. Got lost, but eventually made it to us. Some other women were waiting for a $22 ride - theirs never did show up.
Thanks for reporting back! Doesn’t seem right that they’re allowed to cancel. But glad you got a ride! Hope you’re having a great time!
My Lyft driver got lost, sorta. He pulled up to the passenger pick up, not the designated Uber/Lyft/taxi pick up. So he had to go all the way around and come back.

Thanks for reporting back! Doesn’t seem right that they’re allowed to cancel. But glad you got a ride! Hope you’re having a great time!
My Lyft driver got lost, sorta. He pulled up to the passenger pick up, not the designated Uber/Lyft/taxi pick up. So he had to go all the way around and come back.
That's sort of what happened to ours. She circled at least twice before she found the way into A2, 3rd floor.

It's also good news to hear (and have confirmed) that SuperShuttle are back serving at LAX. Now known as SuperShuttle Express (and I think their livery on their vehicles might have changed) their website uses the same URL as before. It sounds, at least at LAX, that the original people behind the name managed to buy the rights back after the closure at the end of 2019.

I don't believe they are serving any of the smaller airports in LA or Orange County at the time of writing, but this may change in the future - I guess.

Hey friends! Any updates re Burbank to DL area? I'm considering a one-way rental, but hear that the rental car market is a little crazy... otherwise it's Uber/Lyft. At 6pm on a thursday...Any advice appreciated!

Hey friends! Any updates re Burbank to DL area? I'm considering a one-way rental, but hear that the rental car market is a little crazy... otherwise it's Uber/Lyft. At 6pm on a thursday...Any advice appreciated!
We booked a one way with Alamo from Burbank to Katella through Costco, mid size SUV was $98

Others were twice as much.

Last edited:

We booked a one-way rental from LAX to DLR from Enterprise for a mini-van for $92.75 plus called the Anaheim Enterprise on Harbor and they said after dropping off the rental, they can take me back to my hotel.

Burbank to DL area is about 40 minutes but at that time could take 1.5-2 hours.

My advice is to make a dinner reservation at Tam O’Shanter (15-20 minutes from Burbank), eat dinner, then continue the rest of the way to DL area after traffic dies down.

Ask to sit at Walt’s table.

Burbank to DL area is about 40 minutes but at that time could take 1.5-2 hours.

My advice is to make a dinner reservation at Tam O’Shanter (15-20 minutes from Burbank), eat dinner, then continue the rest of the way to DL area after traffic dies down.

Ask to sit at Walt’s table.

ive never heard of this one!

Been a follower of this thread since my first trip out west and am planning a makeup trip in August to rekindle my love of 'All things Disney'.

So I've been researching my option Airport to DL and DL to Airport. Only doing the parks for a few days then back home.

We're leaning toward towncar or taxi. We're arriving in Ontario late afternoon and leaving LAX early afternoon.

This is where I get confused. A taxi is pretty self explanatory but when I look at town car service it's hard to tell what is available. Would love togo ahead and book in bound and outbound. Hard to tell who is still in business or services both airports.

Any ideas from you West Coast/LA veterans?

I'm looking far ahead for Spring 2022 Dapper Day weekend flights and the current pricing on the Southwest Sunday night return options out of SNA and LAX is super high, with Burbank coming in at half the cost and with a slightly later departure (9:20 pm out of Burbank vs. 8:35 out of LAX or 8:50 out of SNA). Even after factoring in the increased transportation cost to Burbank (found one-way shuttle for $135), I think we still come out $200 ahead for our party of 4.

The "unknown" is how much park time we would have to sacrifice vs. flying out of SNA. Google gives a "typical" time range of 45 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes for a Sunday night drive arriving at 8:15 pm, which I think is a comfortable time since it's a small airport and we all have TSA pre-check. For those with lots of LA traffic experience, my question is what would be the expected worst case scenario on a Sunday night, since we would need to make our shuttle booking based around that?

I'm obviously going to keep looking and hoping that the SNA flight comes down, but I obviously can't count on that happening, so I'm tempted to book now for Burbank so we at least have that as a backup plan.

I'm looking far ahead for Spring 2022 Dapper Day weekend flights and the current pricing on the Southwest Sunday night return options out of SNA and LAX is super high, with Burbank coming in at half the cost and with a slightly later departure (9:20 pm out of Burbank vs. 8:35 out of LAX or 8:50 out of SNA). Even after factoring in the increased transportation cost to Burbank (found one-way shuttle for $135), I think we still come out $200 ahead for our party of 4.

The "unknown" is how much park time we would have to sacrifice vs. flying out of SNA. Google gives a "typical" time range of 45 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes for a Sunday night drive arriving at 8:15 pm, which I think is a comfortable time since it's a small airport and we all have TSA pre-check. For those with lots of LA traffic experience, my question is what would be the expected worst case scenario on a Sunday night, since we would need to make our shuttle booking based around that?

I'm obviously going to keep looking and hoping that the SNA flight comes down, but I obviously can't count on that happening, so I'm tempted to book now for Burbank so we at least have that as a backup plan.

When SNA is expensive, I find that Long Beach is often more reasonably priced and traveling time difference is pretty negligible--you might look at that airport if it is a Southwest option for you.

When SNA is expensive, I find that Long Beach is often more reasonably priced and traveling time difference is pretty negligible--you might look at that airport if it is a Southwest option for you.

Thanks, I did check LGB, as that's usually our preferred airport for balance of price and proximity (and we're actually flying into there) but in the current flight schedule Southwest has really pared back the evening departures from there -- the latest Sunday flight is at 6:15 and is only $20 less than SNA, so I wrote that off as an option. For whatever reason, even as many of the other LA airports have had their non-stops cut, Burbank is holding steady at 12 daily departures to SMF (even more than the 8 from LAX to SMF) and is much more affordable.

Deleted my response. I had not recalled the correct company name and didn't want to give the wrong company the review.

Hi there! Just got back from the DLR a few days ago. This was our first time using Lansky and we’d highly recommend them. They were prompt, professional, courteous and communicative. When we arrived at SNA, our driver was in baggage claim waiting with a luggage cart. He helped DH grab our one checked bag off the belt, organize all our carry-on bags and took everything to a very clean black Suburban parked nearby. The carseat was already installed for my daughter, so we were on our way in minutes.

We took advantage of the one complimentary stop to pick up a case of water for the room and a few snacks. When we arrived at the hotel, the driver helped the bellman unload all our luggage/groceries and made sure we didn’t leave anything in the car before saying goodbye. Total time from baggage claim to hotel check-in: 50 minutes, inclusive of the stop.

Before our return trip to the airport, we got a text from Southwest saying our flight was delayed. (Our experience with Southwest was terrible but that’s for a different forum/post.) I immediately texted Lansky, asking if our pick-up time could be pushed back so we could stay in the parks longer. I got a response within 10 minutes and they accommodated the request. Our driver was waiting outside the hotel in a minivan at the new pick-up time and whisked us to the airport in record time. It was an exceptionally smooth experience, all the way around.

EDIT TO ADD: The car seat we requested wasn't installed when we were picked up to head to the airport but the driver always have both cars eats and booster seats in their vehicles. Our driver installed the car seat in minutes - it was a nonissue.

Looking for any recent reviews on how to get from LAX to our hotel at Disneyland and back again. Its just my husband and I this trip. We used Execucar on our last family trip in 2019 and Karmel shuttle on previous trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter