Airmiles MEGA MILES coupon event is on - Earn 1,250 AM

I am in Quebec and so far I did 4 offers (5th will be the 25 transactions on my BMO Mastercard). Offer #1 that I used was at Staples. The basic AM already appeared on my statement but not the bonus ones?!? Anyone else in this situation? Offer #2 at Jean Coutu and #3 at Children Place both have basic and bonus/coupon AM appear on my statement. As for offer #4 (Rachelle Béry), nothing is online yet but I got the bonus AM on my receipt from the coupon...

I am in Quebec and so far I did 4 offers (5th will be the 25 transactions on my BMO Mastercard). Offer #1 that I used was at Staples. The basic AM already appeared on my statement but not the bonus ones?!? Anyone else in this situation? Offer #2 at Jean Coutu and #3 at Children Place both have basic and bonus/coupon AM appear on my statement. As for offer #4 (Rachelle Béry), nothing is online yet but I got the bonus AM on my receipt from the coupon...
The fine print on the Staples coupon says the bonus miles will be posted within 90 days of the end of promotion ... I think my mom's receipt showed a coupon with a value of 0.01 -- that seems to be how this is showing up.

The fine print on the Staples coupon says the bonus miles will be posted within 90 days of the end of promotion ... I think my mom's receipt showed a coupon with a value of 0.01 -- that seems to be how this is showing up.

Thank you. I will check my receipt tomorrow at work (I used it with a work purchase for supplies at Staples that we needed anyway).

Yup. My receipt said -$0.01 beside the coupon code.

Okay, I think I am good to go with this promo, with the appropriate MM coupons I have hit:
  • Rexall
  • Thrifty's
  • Shell
  • Airmiles shop (amazon and the gap, and the gap was with the gift cards that were 20% off from shoppers :D)
  • BMO mastercard (I think we are at like 12 transactions - will have no problem hitting 25 :D)
Thanks to the recommendations here, I have hung onto all my receipts with copies of the coupons I used :)

So far I have used 2 of the coupons. Shell and Rexall.
Foodland is easy for me, there is one a short walk away from my house, and with some of the bundle deals, I should get to the $60 easily.
I plan on going to Rona for my hanging baskets this year, so just waiting for this cold snap to be over to grab those.
And, I will do the airmilesshops pretty easily too. I can order DH's fathers day gifts and a few birthday gifts to get to the $150.
Staples, I might be able to do online, I'm not sure though, the office is totally stocked with all the supplies I need. I know I need return address labels, but not $45 worth! lol

I was coming in to ask the same question about Staples. My regular miles have posted, but not the bonus.
However , I think I remember that Staples was the same for the Shop The Block promotion and the bonus miles didn't show up until awhile later (weeks later). It still counted for the promotion, it just didn't show up at the same time as the regular miles. So I *think* we are ok with this one too.

I did the wine today at the LCBO. Double-checked when I got home that I bought the right bottle as I had nothing on my receipt to indicate that I'd get 10 bonus AM's, nor that I'd done anything for the MM promotion. Anyone else get the same on their receipt?

NM - Just saw that the bonus AM showed up in my account.

Last edited:
So I just got back from Lawtons, using my first offer! I had $62 worth of stuff rung in, started to leave, until I checked my receipt...I forgot to give the cashier my coupon!! arg! Back I go and the supervisor was so nice and she had to do a return of my whole receipt and re-ring it in...oops! I wasn't leaving without my coupon being swiped...plus, I earned 73 miles on product :)

My miles finally posted for this transaction...I got double the miles! They swiped my card for the first transaction, then, after the cashier did the whole return of items, did a second transaction and had to re-swipe my card and the coupon offer. BAM! Double the miles :) I like when things like this happen...

So do these MM earned count towards our Gold/Onyx totals? Did anyone ever get the STB ones credited properly?

So do these MM earned count towards our Gold/Onyx totals? Did anyone ever get the STB ones credited properly?
In the FAQs for this promotion it says (there's a link in the first post so we can all refer to it later when we NEED to chase anything down btw)

Q: Will the Miles I get from MEGA MILES count towards my qualification for Gold/OnyxTM status?
A: The Miles you get from participating in MEGA MILES will be deposited into your Collector Account by August 2017 and will count towards your 2018 Gold/Onyx™ status.

I eventually got all of my miles due to me but not until AFTER they stopped allowing us to redeem for Gift Cards so i'm stuck with what to do with all of them.

As far as counting towards Gold/Onyx status they haven't figured out how to actually do that so nope, not there yet.

Went to Rexall this evening and successfully used
The daily coupon for 110 AM
The MM coupon for 15 AM (so yes, it can be used repeatedly even though it only counts once towards the 5 coupons)
AND my loadngo offer for spend $80.00 get 100 AM

Total spent: 80.59
Miles earned : 265

Thanks! I got my glasses out and read the fine print but couldn't find anything...

In the FAQs for this promotion it says (there's a link in the first post so we can all refer to it later when we NEED to chase anything down btw)

Q: Will the Miles I get from MEGA MILES count towards my qualification for Gold/OnyxTM status?
A: The Miles you get from participating in MEGA MILES will be deposited into your Collector Account by August 2017 and will count towards your 2018 Gold/Onyx™ status.

I eventually got all of my miles due to me but not until AFTER they stopped allowing us to redeem for Gift Cards so i'm stuck with what to do with all of them.

As far as counting towards Gold/Onyx status they haven't figured out how to actually do that so nope, not there yet.

There are 2 new coupons on-line within the Ontario region:
Sobeys/Urban Fresh : Use 95 AM and earn 25 AM Valid May 19th - 21st

This will help those of you who didn't get your earning profile switched around in time for last weekend to take advantage!

Last edited:
There are 2 new coupons on-line within the Ontario region:
Sobeys/Urban Fresh : Use 95 AM and earn 25 AM Valid May 19th - 21st

This will give those of you who didn't get your earning profile switched around in time for last weekend to take advantage!

Thanks Jacqueline! I just switched. Rexall usually posts very soon. Rexall shopping for sure tomorrow!

I am confused about something. My question is the following - Pharmasave has three coupons for the MegaMiles. Do I need to use all three coupons for that to count or just one? Hope this makes sense.

You use each one as a stand alone offer :) Now, I'm not sure if you can use all three in the SAME transaction. Might have to divvy them up in separate orders...

I am confused about something. My question is the following - Pharmasave has three coupons for the MegaMiles. Do I need to use all three coupons for that to count or just one? Hope this makes sense.
HI! These promotions are nothing if not confusing! I took one of the coupons and have highlighted what i think is the answer to your question. The coupons can't be used in one transaction.
upload_2017-5-13_22-41-32.png
For you to complete the promotion you need to you 5 coupons at 5 DIFFERENT stores so if you used all 3 Pharmasave coupons you will have only used ONE towards the promotion. You can use as many as you want .. and several of them you can use repeatedly but only 1 per store will count towards the total 5 you need to use. Does that answer your question?

I agree with Donald my Hero and ILLT1977 in that only one coupon from the same vendor can be used to qualify for the bonus 1,250 Mega Miles promo.

However, if you're in the position to use all three of the MM coupons at the same vendor, the worst they could do is say no. Yet, I expect they'll say yes. For the Shop the Block promotion, both Jean Coutu and Foodland (in Ontario) had multiple coupons that overlapped. In both cases I stacked the three at each vendor to maximize the promotions.

Mind you, the STB promo was seven coupons... not vendors. However I expect the coupons in MM to be stackable nonetheless (though not for the FIVE vendors).

There are always exceptions. And with all due respect to DMH (I love reading the T&C) although the T&C state they are not combinable, they often are. And it's certainly worth the shot if you're already at the thresholds.

I know we're somewhat of an exception in eastern Ontario, but I typically walk in to Rexall with three printed and stackable Air Miles offers and a Load & Go.

My point is, you'll never know until you try. And then, of course, you need to report back here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter