Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ohhh ohhh I love those! Thanks for the link. I love how they look like trunks!

Let just say I am not known to be a light packer... Those HP houses suitcases are awesome! I like that they look like old fashion trunks.

I know! My daughter needs a carry-on suitcase for her California trip in a couple of months. I was debating letting her use my (only used twice) pink case or see if she could borrow my dad's.

However... oh my gosh I love those trunks! Ack... I just took another look and noticed the price tag... Hmm. CAN or US?

However... oh my gosh I love those trunks! Ack... I just took another look and noticed the price tag... Hmm. CAN or US?

If you check on the top right of the website, it has a "Ship To" option and you can click on that to change it to Canadian prices. If you clicked on the link above, I think those prices were probably in US dollars. I shudder to think what they would cost with the conversion as well as shipping and duties. They are cool though!!

I was just checking my AM account...looking into flights to bring my mom here for our dd bridal shower. I'm using up my AM to get her here. I was pleasantly surprised at how little AM I will have to use up. She is in Saskatchewan, we are in northern Alberta...so just one province to go over. So I started looking into connecting flights for the 4 of us to get to Calgary for our flight to Mexico for the dd wedding. I would almost have enough to get us there now. But with me using mine to get Mom here, I'll be short...so I guess I have a new goal. Even with the fees...it would be about as much as gas for our trip driving the 16 hrs there and back home :crazy2:. I better start crossing my fingers now for a good Blue Friday shop in February and some shell fill ups, and some surveys and I should be able to score those tickets for connecting flights. :woohoo:

If you check on the top right of the website, it has a "Ship To" option and you can click on that to change it to Canadian prices. If you clicked on the link above, I think those prices were probably in US dollars. I shudder to think what they would cost with the conversion as well as shipping and duties. They are cool though!!

Thanks. Turns out it costs $238 CAN. I wish. Ah well.

Nobody will every steal my luggage. It is bright fuschia, with a pink and white polka dot strap. I could see it walking away with someone else a mile away before they'd escape with it, lol.

LOL - that's awesome!

AM has updated the info regarding the online shopping poop show -- they really need to make it work seamlessly in the first place or it will take more than a few thousand miles tossed in my direction. They've added specific dates for the missing miles :
upload_2019-1-18_12-47-15.png
My missing miles posted slightly differently than others I've chased down with the following notations indicating exactly where they are coming from:
upload_2019-1-18_12-50-6.png

My checked bags are fuchsia and black zebra print :) My carry ons are much more normal blue and green. With that new purple one I got and am anxious to use! I love bright luggage, much easier to spot.

We tie insanely-crazy patterned bright strips of fabric to our boring luggage. Even if it's just carryon... I know where it is in the overhead bin.

I chatted (again) about my well.ca shop that only got me 3 instead of 5 AM. She gave me the two that are missing. But says I have to wait until April 27th for the 50 AM STB bonus on that. She says my AM number is "noted" so I'll for sure get the 50 AM... I'm laughing but I guess she can't hear me :) and the connection on this chat thing is really unstable...

To jump into the suitcase chatter (that i started :P ) ... i spend most of my days texting with my best friend, a fellow DIS-er who lives in PA, and I of course shot her a picture of the minnie bag and that led to her teasing me with THESE! First this one,
upload_2019-1-18_12-59-55.png But since she knows i prefer Donald showing his happy side this one followed
upload_2019-1-18_12-58-2.png
And then because i mentioned my backpack had started splitting along one seam this popped up as well
upload_2019-1-18_13-2-34.png

My presto card is in this little guy that i can attach to my purse handle and easily tap thru, makes me happy to look down and see Donald hanging around and remember where & when i got him: Emporium on Main Street to hold my Annual Pass card in Jan 2017
upload_2019-1-18_13-15-30.pngupload_2019-1-18_13-18-18.png

Last edited:
So when they say receipts, do they want screen shots of something? My receipt does not fit in one screen shot.
When I called the other day about my missing Staples miles she just wanted the transaction number from my receipt. She couldn't find that I had shopped there even though I could see it on my account and I was trying to figure out how to send a screen capture but thankfully didn't have to because she finally find it.

So when they say receipts, do they want screen shots of something? My receipt does not fit in one screen shot.
Most times if I'm able to tell them so many insane details that prove I'm looking at an exact receipt they take my word for it -- date, time (right down to the minute the email came, in 24 hr clock :P ) exact dollar amount, full website address of store, the multiplier amounts I'm due from BOTH store and the AMshop site. I also let them know if the date of transaction is different from the receipt date and then might even tell them ship dates if they push. I've only once had someone ask for a screenshot and that was during my FB chat and she eventually backed down when i told her all the above. I don't think there's anyway to attach any type of image thru the AM chat window but i'm not sure. If they do ask and it is large, too bad for them :P

Just checked my airmiles account and I have a random 42 AM from redeemed HBC points, I have no idea why but I'll take it!

This just posted for me as well and I am clueless as to what it is (it was for 42 AM as well).
A couple of questions can help track this down (if you even care) What is the notation attached the posting? Did you do the auto conversion of points during the StB promo? If so did those miles post recently?
If it shows like this, it's based on any HBC points you earned last week (but dang , you would have spent a TON!)
upload_2019-1-18_13-34-39.png
IF you did the StB and they have yet to post some people reported over on that thread that they posted as odd amounts not the number they were expecting.

Random question: does anyone know what day of the week Airmiles updates their deals of the week rewards?

Fabulous thanks! I'm hoping to snag something that's FAR too many miles at the moment lol so I want to keep a lookout.

This just posted for me as well and I am clueless as to what it is (it was for 42 AM as well).

I have a random 41 AM too - I did do the auto convert and 16 AM had already posted for that. The total was only supposed to be 30 AM though. Doesn’t quite add up...but I will take extra miles :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter