Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Same here. At least we know it's a problem on their end.

On the phone with them right now. According to the first part of my conversation the app should be working. But I don't/can't use and app on my Blackberry. He's looking into a website option now. They were trying to tell me the only way to access Load and Go (now) is from the app. To be continued....

According to the person I spoke with. The website to download offers with Rexall no longer exists. It's all on the app. To which I said what if you don't have a smartphone. Reply was go to the store website and download them from there. (similar to Sobeys and Foodland) I am trying to see if I can figure out where on the Rexall website that can be done.

Last edited:
Quick question for the Ottawa members. We're planning a quick visit tomorrow and I was wondering if there's a Sobey's and a Rexall that are close to each other? I already loaded my load and go offers for Sobey's that are pretty good and saved the current Rexall coupon that was shared.

Sobeys in Barrhaven (Greenbank Rd) and Rexall is just down the street (Greenbank). Not sure if there are any others in the east end that are close together.

The last time we went to Wonderland, both DH and I were a little put out by extra costs...and the food was pretty terrible even by amusement park standards!
Definitely was not impressed with the $20 daily parking that you couldn't leave then re-enter. We left about 5 to mall as it was thunder and lightning and pouring rain. Went back about 730 so I could ride Leviathan (chickened out when they all wanted to do it first ride), but we had to pay another 20 bucks. So we just dropped kids off to redo some rides while we went grocery shopping. But we did luck out because it was calling for thunderstorms all day we walked on everything!

I still get the same thing as yesterday. Not a secure website.
Mine isn't working today either:(
Same here. At least we know it's a problem on their end.

On the phone with them right now. According to the first part of my conversation the app should be working. But I don't/can't use and app on my Blackberry. He's looking into a website option now. They were trying to tell me the only way to access Load and Go (now) is from the app. To be continued....

According to the person I spoke with. The website to download offers with Rexall no longer exists. It's all on the app. To which I said what if you don't have a smartphone. Reply was go to the store website and download them from there. (similar to Sobeys and Foodland) I am trying to see if I can figure out where on the Rexall website that can be done.

Yeah, mine's not working either and i can't even force it to ignore the "insecure" message on my Kindle (usually an option from that brain-dead device!) I asked hubby to check the APP and it still says that it will no longer work after August 24th and we'll need to use the Airmiles APP after that. Not happy about that because he won't put it on his phone and my new phone (YEAH, I've joined the 21st century finally!!) doesn't have much storage space.

SO -- to tell us to use the LoadNgo app is a pile of bull-poop AND i just checked the Rexall site and there is no spot on that to find those offers either. The only AM info hasn't even been updated to show the new daily cash mile redemption limit. I feel your pain regarding Blackberry BTW, that used to be our only option and even if an app says it can be downloaded for that device they would rarely function :mad:

Who gets a cold in Aug,,,,,,,,,,:cold:
Back to Rexall last night to get some tylenol cold and made good use of the buy 2 vicks cough drops and get 5 airmiles,also picked up more kleenex.
The nice manager there fixed my bill from the previous day where I was short 30 airmiles
,,my own fault as I forgot to separate my order into two separate shops.
I did my first online shop last night. I hate paying for shipping fees. I bought at the
Body Shop and Staples,no shipping fees.
Now I just have to remember 75 days till I get 150 airmiles.
Off to nap....................
Happy airmiles hunting everyone.
Hugs Mel
I rarely pay shipping fees and I order a lot of stuff on-line. If I really need something and my order isn't big enough I will select in-store delivery if it's an option or as one of our kids if they need to add anything to my order. If neither of those work I will force myself to wait till i either have enough to make the threshold OR until i get an e-mail alerting me to free-shipping events. (i sign up for every newsletter i can since they often come with coupon codes)

I wonder if enough of us call and let them know we have no way to use the app they will bring the website back of if Airmiles is just tossing theirs hands up and saying its Rexall who needs to do something. Cutting off a portion of their loyal AM hunters is not good.

I got DH to download the app onto his phone but now I have to ask to use his phone to load the offers (do I need to use his phone at the store or is my card good enough to get the loaded offers?). I asked him to load the app onto his tablet, which is always at home, but it was like pulling teeth to get him to do that. The other thing is when you download the app it asks for your card #, when you go back in there is no way to change the card# to another user. I often use My Card and DH card (different #) when picking things up.

I'm not a happy AM hunter today.:sad2::sad2::sad2:

OT
I feel a little piece of me just left today. I just transferred my brothers Harley Davidson to his best friend. I think because he worked for and loved that bike so much is why it was so difficult.
Made me think of my DVC and how he used to laugh at me about how much it means to me.
We all have things we work so hard for I guess. Atleast the bike will be well loved and taken care of.
Oh brother i miss yah so. Sorry guys I just needed to get this off my chest.
Back to airmiling
Hugs everyone
Mel

LOAD AND GO WEBSITE BACK UP AND WORKING AS IT DID EARLIER LAST WEEK! The person I spoke with at AM was so full of S*****. It was probably just their security certificate or something like that.

I was just about to delete the link I had to get to it and thought I'll just check one more time and it worked!:yay::yay:

I wonder if enough of us call and let them know we have no way to use the app they will bring the website back of if Airmiles is just tossing theirs hands up and saying its Rexall who needs to do something. Cutting off a portion of their loyal AM hunters is not good.

I got DH to download the app onto his phone but now I have to ask to use his phone to load the offers (do I need to use his phone at the store or is my card good enough to get the loaded offers?). I asked him to load the app onto his tablet, which is always at home, but it was like pulling teeth to get him to do that. The other thing is when you download the app it asks for your card #, when you go back in there is no way to change the card# to another user. I often use My Card and DH card (different #) when picking things up.

I'm not a happy AM hunter today.:sad2::sad2::sad2:
Doncha just love having someone else in charge of your tech needs?? NOT! Once the offers are loaded to your card, using whichever method works, they will be available to you to use with your card -- app, website, doesn't matter :thumbsup2 The only thing you'll need his phone for is to actually SEE the offers if you forget what you want to pick up.

**the whole "can you please put this app on your tablet for me PLEASE" activity drives me to drink :rolleyes1 I have a list taped to the inside cover with the hope that he'll remember the next time he is using it for more than his sleeping pill -- AKA solitaire till i pull the device out from under his sleeping body :P He hates loading anything to it because EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. it refuses to accept his Apple ID and he needs to reset it :furious:

Quick question for the Ottawa members. We're planning a quick visit tomorrow and I was wondering if there's a Sobey's and a Rexall that are close to each other? I already loaded my load and go offers for Sobey's that are pretty good and saved the current Rexall coupon that was shared.

What part of the city do you expect to be in? In the west end, Kanata North has a Sobeys and Rexall literally in the same parking lot. 840 March Road.

OT
I feel a little piece of me just left today. I just transferred my brothers Harley Davidson to his best friend. I think because he worked for and loved that bike so much is why it was so difficult.
Made me think of my DVC and how he used to laugh at me about how much it means to me.
We all have things we work so hard for I guess. Atleast the bike will be well loved and taken care of.
Back to airmiling
Hugs everyone
Mel
Just ignore where this image came from --- i just want you to know that I'm thinking about you
upload_2017-8-8_12-58-1.jpeg

What part of the city do you expect to be in? In the west end, Kanata North has a Sobeys and Rexall literally in the same parking lot. 840 March Road.

Downtown then we will take the 417 back home (Montreal). Which one is the closest to the 417 since we will stop at Sobeys and Rexall just before leaving Ottawa?

OT
Back to airmiling
Hugs everyone
Mel
I completely understand. I lost my brother 8 years ago and still miss him tons. I think of him nearly everyday.

Downtown then we will take the 417 back home (Montreal). Which one is the closest to the 417 since we will stop at Sobeys and Rexall just before leaving Ottawa?

Unfortunately neither Barrhaven or Kanata are great options if you're not otherwise planning to be west of downtown. The Kanata stores are a bit closer to the Queensway than the Barrhaven stores, but also probably further out of your way, on the whole. Barrhaven stores are closer to the 416, but a bit of a hike off the Queensway.

Orleans would probably be a better choice for you. I don't know the area that well, but it looks like there are Sobeys at Trim / Innes, or 10th Line near Innes. No Rexall right next door, but Google is showing several in Orleans, arguably on the way to either of the Sobeys stores (depending on what route you take). Maybe someone more familiar with the east end can make a more specific recommendation?

There's also a Sobeys Urban Fresh downtown on Metcalfe, but they probably wouldn't have everything you're looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter