Airmiles Armchair Chatter

After living in sunny BC for a few years I totally switched teams with my bathing attire! I now wear mens board shorts and rash guard shirt (with a sports bra underneath). Makes things SO much easier, nothing to constantly pull up or down, and saves on sunscreen too :cool2:

O/T
Is it acceptable to wear "swim board shorts" as part of a bathing suit?
with a tankini top.
I'd feel better hiding the psoriasis and eczema on my upper thighs,(not to mention the chubbiness).
http://www.penningtons.com/en/plus-size-swimwear-bathing-suits
Thanks
Hugs Mel

:offtopic: I just had to book a hotel room for the hubby for Friday night as the family members where he is all week, their house will be full of their own kids visiting. I was trying to book through the airmiles website through Expedia. How do you know if it's still in the airmiles shop or if your in the Expedia website? I hope this makes sense.

Just shaking my head, as we finally got a date for our sons surgery. I wish they would have called sooner so that I could have used the hotel promo that Airmiles had on a couple of weeks back. Oh well...one day I will get to snag some of the good Airmiles promos they have :-)
Ok here's how i do it --- first sign into your Expedia account and set it to "keep me signed in" THEN, i go to the Airmiles shop portal and use the link to shop -- pay close attention for a brief moment the URL will still read airmiles shop and a big long string of letters .... then you'll be good to go. I've booked a LOT of things thru Expedia --our trip to the Dolphin 2 years ago was thru them on an awesome Black Friday sale, both of us for 10 days, round-trip non-stop flights out of Pearson for just a tad over $1300, our flights this past January, anytime i need to book hubby flights for work & they all earned me both Airmiles & Expedia points. Don't forget to use your AM credit card to complete the triple-dipping!

Thanks for posting this. If they will post the 1250 once all the bonus from sponsors have posted then that would mean they should be posting our 1250 anyday. My bonus coupons for the promotion were posted weeks ago. The only one I'm not certain of is the 25 transactions from BMO (I just got my notice from them the other day about another May bonus they had going). Moot point anyway as I had 2 extra coupons used (just in case).

As usual they are dragging their heals as the could have posted them already unless they are waiting for the last of all their sponsors to post and then they will look at all people who participated and award everyone their bonuses at the same time.
Well I'm still waiting to get the bonus miles for my Staples on-line shop and that was 2 coupons for me. The Staples offer said it could take 90 days from the end of the promo which isn't until August 29th. The Airmiles SHOP coupon says those miles have 75 days which is August 14th ... URGH, i haven't seen either of those miles get posted yet and I've had to chase down the last 2 times i did the Staples offers. The final day they *should* post the 1250 for using 5 coupons isn't until Sept 28th :crazy2:

Zero Air Mile offer for St John's NF event:
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsProductDetails?productId=prod2554314

George Street Festival, St. John's, NF - Package for two (2) - July 27 - August 2

The annual George Street Festival has grown to become an iconic event in the St. John’s calendar – a must attend attraction for tourists and residents alike. Over 40,000 people party on the “biggest little street in North America” for 7 straight days!

Collectors who order a concert admission ticket with AIR MILES will also be granted a complimentary $10 merchandise gift certificate to be used on-site! This offer is available exclusively to AIR MILES Collectors - redeem or purchase now!

The 2017 George Street Festival will take place July 27 – Aug 2, 2017.

This year’s artist line-up will be announced later this season and this page will be updated but don’t wait! The inventory is limited!

Your George Street Festival Package includes:

• Two (2) concert admission ticket for any night of the festival
  • Two (2) $10 merchandise gift certificate to be used on-site

Ensure to book under the name of one person as part of the party for the festival to verify against their guest list. See Terms & Condition to find out how to communicate to the festival which evening you plan on attending.

I think it would be just fine as well. You won't enjoy yourself if you aren't feeling comfortable. Get what makes you happy. :)

After living in sunny BC for a few years I totally switched teams with my bathing attire! I now wear mens board shorts and rash guard shirt (with a sports bra underneath). Makes things SO much easier, nothing to constantly pull up or down, and saves on sunscreen too :cool2:

Well thank-you ladies ,you have made me feel so much more comfortable making this decision. Off to shop today. Thanks for helping
Hugs Mel

I think that's absolutely fine. I bought a swimming skort and wear that with tankini. I like two pieces because it's easier to use the washroom while going for Islands of Advebture's water rides. I have a one piece for activities like dolphin swim and snorkelling. One piece is safer than two pieces in these cases to avoid unnecessary flashing in any way. I bought swimming shorts for DD who doesn't like skort.

Thanks Hon for helping me make this decision.
Swim suit buying is one of my least favorite pre trip things to ever do.
Big Hugs
Mel

Baba bear I started wearing a swim shorts a few years ago and have never looked back. The first pair I bought were from lands end and although they were expensive they are still in good shape. Lands end sells plus sizes as well as underwire tankini tops and underwire swim dresses. I have also bought plus size rash guards from them because when we go to Hawaii the sun is just too strong for my fair skin.

I have also bought cheap black spandex shorts that hit mid thigh from giant tiger and I wear those now too. They look the same and as long as they are thighs enough they work, keep in mind that anything loose is going to swirl around you and possibly show areas you may not want to show as you exit the water without adjusting. I had a lose fitting tankini that I ended up ditching because it would rise up an make me look like I was in a bikini, total opposite of what I had wanted!

Baba bear I started wearing a swim shorts a few years ago and have never looked back. The first pair I bought were from lands end and although they were expensive they are still in good shape. Lands end sells plus sizes as well as underwire tankini tops and underwire swim dresses. I have also bought plus size rash guards from them because when we go to Hawaii the sun is just too strong for my fair skin.

I have also bought cheap black spandex shorts that hit mid thigh from giant tiger and I wear those now too. They look the same and as long as they are thighs enough they work, keep in mind that anything loose is going to swirl around you and possibly show areas you may not want to show as you exit the water without adjusting. I had a lose fitting tankini that I ended up ditching because it would rise up an make me look like I was in a bikini, total opposite of what I had wanted!

You are a gem,thank-you for sharing. I was headed to giant tiger today as they have a nice sleep set on sale, I will have a look for a few accessories.
Yeah me flashing is not a good thing,lol.
Hugs to you
Mel

I do so well shopping by myself. :love::love:,I managed to get the swim board shorts I wanted and at a great price.
I couldn't find the top I wanted but I got a card for spend $100.00 and get $50.00 dollars off for Sept when their new swim collection comes in.
I went to Sobeys and racked up 500 airmiles--8 boxes of ice cream treats for my sister's family--I'm the favorite aunt right now.
They had lots of St Huberts soup so I stocked up.
Good shopping today!
Hugs Mel

I only very recently started earning Airmiles in earnest so I’m pretty new at this and I have a question regarding how long it takes to post.

In everyone’s experience, how long does it usually take Sobeys to post Airmiles to accounts? I had my Sobeys Airmiles post from last Saturday a few days ago but nothing from the Sunday onward and I'm getting antsy lol.

I only very recently started earning Airmiles in earnest so I’m pretty new at this and I have a question regarding how long it takes to post.

In everyone’s experience, how long does it usually take Sobeys to post Airmiles to accounts? I had my Sobeys Airmiles post from last Saturday a few days ago but nothing from the Sunday onward and I'm getting antsy lol.
In my experience, Sobeys and Foodland post once a week for the week prior. I'm sure you'll get your points this weekend. :)

Woohoo!
17 Jul 17
AMEX_Logo_2017_E.png
SOAR INTO MORE +400

I'm not sure but I tried to get this and it won't let me. I have friends in Vancouver.
last page Events and attractions
Vancouver Whitecaps (Soccer)
Pitchside view
Suite experience
for 1
Onyx exclusive
1 point

whitcaps-onyx-2017-e.png

Last edited:
Well chat says either it's gone or its going to be posted.
They gave me a 1-88 number to call
I'll let you know if they say anything positive.
Hugs Mel

The cutoff for the week at Sobey's is Saturday. So your shop from Saturday posted Thursday. Anything after Saturday will post this Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter