Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Wish I could take advantage of the Amazon offer, bunch of stuff I'd like to get but no budget for anything right now.
The Good thing about this is you have a budget and are keeping within it.
Well done Hon!
So many Canadians are falling into debt right now.
Recent article I read on Canadian Debt
I keep warning my sons about credit debt.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/top...1&cvid=ca91dba4503a47978e0f2dc78b57653e&ei=47
The will be lots of new and often better offers in the future.
Hugs
Mel

Does anyone know how to fix this.....
Since I had to get a new account number all the promos....specifically Shell....are still coming up with the old account number. I'm missing out on some good Shell miles! Anything that is an 'opt in' comes to me under the old account number. Do I need to set up something under the new account number to get these emails?

I'm pretty sure that I've lost some miles in this whole process...either that or things are very slow to post. I've been really off my game with AM for a while now and keeping track is pretty much not happening but I know that I was supposed to get some extra miles for gift card purchases at Metro (MC offer) and those have not appeared.

The Good thing about this is you have a budget and are keeping within it.
Well done Hon!
So many Canadians are falling into debt right now.
Recent article I read on Canadian Debt
I keep warning my sons about credit debt.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/top...1&cvid=ca91dba4503a47978e0f2dc78b57653e&ei=47
The will be lots of new and often better offers in the future.
Hugs
Mel
It is very unfortunate timing, after I was on strike they are clawing back pay and until that is all sorted I do not have extra money for anything. It's a guessing game when it will happen, just one week I won't get paid. I probably shouldn't have gone to Disney but it was mostly paid for before the strike was called. Just having to make up for it now so no new stuff for me.

I did get groceries at Metro yesterday and hopefully will get some bonus airmiles on that purchase, I spent over $150 before tax so should get 95 AM plus whatever for the actual stuff.

21fd19e3b870e05eb47472109d6b238c.gif
It's Friday!

I think it is worth renewing things with Shell.
I was busy deciding if I want my CAA and in the process they cancelled my CAA.
Now I've renewed it and it is no longer connected to my Shell or Airmiles account.
Apparently this involves updating the info into the Shell APP,,, nope I'll get son to do it this weekend.

Last edited:
Just checked my son's Airmiles emails and so far he has no offer of the free 50 Airmiles via BMO simply by Opting in.
He did get the Amazon 20X one though.(email)
Hugs Mel
There wasn't an email for opting in. I found it on the air miles website under Featured Offers because I have a BMO Air Miles Mastercard. DH's account doesn't have it listed since he doesn't have one of the listed credit cards.

There wasn't an email for opting in. I found it on the air miles website under Featured Offers because I have a BMO Air Miles Mastercard. DH's account doesn't have it listed since he doesn't have one of the listed credit cards.
Ah thanks for sharing that info.
Hugs Mel

I got an email and I don't have a BMO card and I opted in. We will see if I get the bonus miles.

I just checked my AM account. DD bought her gas this week before the new June offer. :upsidedow And I got 150 AM for the long weekend??? And I checked the freezer, DD, who shops Metro, did a big shop earlier, so I won't be able to get the Metro deal this week.
@hdrolfe good for you. Chasing points is never a reason to go into debt. Hoping your nopay week comes quickly for you, since nothing worse than counting on something and it not being there.

Is there a June offer out there for Shell. I haven't seen anything yet on 3 different accounts. I missed doing my 2nd fillup in May. DS girlfriend filled up the car as she had been using it. Really nice gesture but it mucked up my AM earn :P.

So far I have been buying Gift Cards at Shell for Canadian Tire and Amazon ($50 =20 Airmiles once a day)

examples:
Kettle Canadian Tire
Flowers and soil Canadian Tire
Gas at Canadian Tire (helps that this is actually the closet gas station to me.)
Cat brush Amazon
Birthday Gift for son Amazon GC
Cat Iams wet food & cat treats Canadian Tire (Dry Food is Vet or PetSmart and very expensive stuff).
New Vileda Mop and bucket Canadian Tire
Thinking of getting new bedroom curtain at Amazon

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Is there a June offer out there for Shell. I haven't seen anything yet on 3 different accounts. I missed doing my 2nd fillup in May. DS girlfriend filled up the car as she had been using it. Really nice gesture but it mucked up my AM earn :P.
I got it but it's attached to my old account number.....so can't use it.

So far I have been buying Gift Cards at Shell for Canadian Tire and Amazon ($50 =20 Airmiles once a day)

examples:
Kettle Canadian Tire
Flowers and soil Canadian Tire
Gas at Canadian Tire (helps that this is actually the closet gas station to me.)
Cat brush Amazon
Birthday Gift for son Amazon GC
Cat Iams wet food & cat treats Canadian Tire
New Vileda Mop and bucket Canadian Tire
Thinking of getting new bedroom curtain at Amazon

Hugs Mel
For the Shell gift cards- you can only buy one per day to get the AM, correct?

I went to Bath and Body Works this morning to pick up a few things I saw in an email yesterday. I looked them up online to make sure they were on sale before I went.

Got to the store the particular items I wanted were not on sale. I asked a representative. They were on sale online but not in the store. I try my best to shop instore when I can as I don't want to see the end of in-person retail shopping, but really. I'm not going to pay 3X the price in store. I put everthing back on the shelf and left the store.

Came home and picked it up online. If I ordered $10 more than I was planning on I got $10 off. So I added a few more items to my shop. Shipping was $10 so in essense free!

It's so much easier to just shop online I don't know why I even bother going to the store anymore.

Rant over.

OK, so instead of trying to search back amongst uncountable postings, can someone clue me in on the advantage of purchasing Disney Gift Cards at Metro? How does it get me bonus AM's?

I am going to let someone with much more experience chime in on Metro and Disney Gift Cards
(Metro is a Airmiles partner)
So far this is what I am reading and I am confused.

Current promotion
https://www.airmiles.ca/en/promotions/bmo3x/bmo-promo-partners.html

https://www.airmiles.ca/en/credit-cards/bmo.html#terms-10

I only have a regular BMO Airmiles Mastercard
so here is my question ....... if I go to Metro and buy $100 Disney Gift card with my basic BMO Mastercard what would I get in Airmiles?????

Thanks
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
OK, so instead of trying to search back amongst uncountable postings, can someone clue me in on the advantage of purchasing Disney Gift Cards at Metro? How does it get me bonus AM's?

I am going to let someone with much more experience chime in on Metro and Disney Gift Cards
(Metro is a Airmiles partner)
So far this is what I am reading and I am confused.

Current promotion
https://www.airmiles.ca/en/promotions/bmo3x/bmo-promo-partners.html

https://www.airmiles.ca/en/credit-cards/bmo.html#terms-10

I only have a regular BMO Airmiles Mastercard
so here is my question ....... if I go to Metro and buy $100 Disney Gift card with my basic BMO Mastercard what would I get in Airmiles?????

Thanks
Hugs Mel
The advantage lies with purchasing them using a BMO MC or Amex if you are looking for AMs. The CC company doesn't know what was purchased at the store, only that there WAS a purchase at the store. Metro itself will give you nothing, gift cards do not count towards purchases made there for their own AM program (unless it comes as a special offer).

As for the special offer from MC, that runs until August 31st and gives you more AMs for the purchase. In my case, I have the Elite MC and I would normally get 1 AM for every $12 spent. Shopping at Metro would normally get me 3 AMs for every $12 spent. With this new offer, I will now get 5 AMs for every $12 spent.
It all depends on the MC you have. A plain, simple MC which would get you 1 AM for every $25 spend now gets you 5 AMs for every $25 spend. You just have to know what MC you have and what your spend limit is per AM to know what you will get. This offer is only for those stores mentioned in the offer, Shell and Metro being the two I would find handy.

I went on the 1st and picked up $1000 in Disney GCs, I don't like to have to much in GCs because of being unsure of the exchange rate but our trip is close enough that I'm not as worried as I would be and if MC is going. What I would get as a standard offer on that purchase would be 249 AMs (3 for every $12) . What I will get under this offer is 416 AMs (5 for every $12).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter