Airmiles Armchair Chatter

for those of us who have the Amex platinum card it will continue to be the better return on both metro and shell since the earn rate for anything food and travel related is 1 mile/ $5 spent which means 5 miles per $25, Mastercard will now be 5 miles for $25. The bigger change comes when you spend an amount not divisible by 25 - spend $49 on my Amex and get 9 miles, use the Mastercard still get just 5 miles
We prefer to use the Amex since it now gives us miles at other grocery stores (not the loblaws chain obviously)

View attachment 764339
That is good information! I did not know this.

The link I posted will allow you to do that however the link that I referred to does not. It mentions

If you have an eligible credit card, you can earn 5x Air Miles when you shop with the following eligible partners during the promotional period:

• Shell
  • Budget Rent a Car
  • Alamo Rent a Car
  • National Car Rental
  • Global Pet Foods
  • Samsung
  • Eligible travel booked through airmiles.ca
There is a copy of the link in the article but you can't use it to move around. It doesn't seem to mention Metro anywhere, unless I missed it which is possible.
The article you're referring to is a blog. It could be the blogger is from BC or Alberta where they don't have Metro. I would trust the link that comes direct from Airmiles over a blog for correct information about eligible partners.

Did anyone else see this BMO offer on the air miles offers page under Featured Offers:

50 Bonus Miles
We started AIR MILES in 1992 with a mission to reward Canadians. We've since issued over 100 billion Reward Miles. Thank you for being one of our best collectors! Opt in to get 50 Bonus Miles. Visit: bmo.com/BrightFuture*
Ends Wed, Jun 7

I opted in, but it doesn't say if we just "get" 50 miles, or if we have to spend "XX" somewhere...?

Did anyone else see this BMO offer on the air miles offers page under Featured Offers:

50 Bonus Miles
We started AIR MILES in 1992 with a mission to reward Canadians. We've since issued over 100 billion Reward Miles. Thank you for being one of our best collectors! Opt in to get 50 Bonus Miles. Visit: bmo.com/BrightFuture*
Ends Wed, Jun 7

I opted in, but it doesn't say if we just "get" 50 miles, or if we have to spend "XX" somewhere...?
I know ,,, I know ,,,like what is the offer right?
Hopefully they will fix this soon.
Hugs Mel

Metro Offer
95 Bonus Miles
when you spend $100 at Metro.*
Ends Wed, Jun 14

You Need To Opt In!!!
That’s $10 in FREE groceries with Cash Miles.

Terms + Conditions​

* This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer. Only the recipient of the offer invitation qualifies for this offer. Offer valid from June 1, 2023 to June 14, 2023. Valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario, excluding Thunder Bay. Opting in to the offer is required before using the AIR MILES card at the time of purchase. Minimum eligible purchase must be spent cumulatively within the offer period and excludes taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors.
AIR MILES Card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Can be combined with other offers, and AIR MILES offers.
Hugs Mel

This is the T&C:

Terms + Conditions​

*This offer is non-transferable and is only available to the recipient of the offer invitation. To qualify for this offer, eligible collector must click the “Opt in now” button in the offer invitation from June 1, 2022 to June 7, 2022. Limit of one offer per collector number. Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Miles to be posted to your collector account.

50 Bonus Miles
Ends Wed, Jun 7

Thank you for the heads up. I've opted in and the terms and conditions do not indicate a spend.

Terms + Conditions

*This offer is non-transferable and is only available to the recipient of the offer invitation. To qualify for this offer, eligible collector must click the “Opt in now” button in the offer invitation from June 1, 2022 to June 7, 2022. Limit of one offer per collector number. Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Miles to be posted to your collector account.

347268345_1820459741685146_2393235090356295096_n.jpg

FYI
Flash Offer
Amazon

Get 20x the Miles¹​

Get 20 times the Miles¹​

Starts tomorrow! 1 day only: Get 20x Miles at Amazon with $150 on select categories. Terms & Conditions apply.
Ends Jun 2, 2023
Terms & Conditions Apply

Unfortunately I don't have anything I need from here.

Here is the June 1st list of included items
Included categories*:
Amazon Fashion Private Brands
Automotive
Baby & Nursery (Diapers, Wipes, Formula are excluded)
Beauty & Grooming
Blink Devices
Business & Industrial Supplies
Camera, Photo & Video
Echo Devices
Eero Devices
Fire Tablets
Fire TV Devices
Handmade
Home
Home Entertainment
Jewelry
Kindle E-readers
Luggage
Luxury Beauty
Major Appliances
Office & School Supplies (Exclude Computers, Computer Accessories, Home Theater Projectors, Laptops, Tablets)
Outdoor Recreation
Patio, Lawn & Garden
Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras
Shoes, Handbags & Accessories
Software
Sports and Fitness
Tires & Wheels
Watches

FYI
Flash Offer
Amazon

Get 20x the Miles¹​

Get 20 times the Miles¹​

Starts tomorrow! 1 day only: Get 20x Miles at Amazon with $150 on select categories. Terms & Conditions apply.
Ends Jun 2, 2023
Terms & Conditions Apply

Unfortunately I don't have anything I need from here.
Me neither and nothing that I usually buy is one of the categories. Oh well.

50 Bonus Miles
Ends Wed, Jun 7

50 Bonus Miles
Ends Wed, Jun 7

Let the celebration begin! Email

5x the Miles starts today.​
BMO is officially the new home of AIR MILES, and to celebrate, get 5x the Miles from now until August 31, 2023.1,5​
You’re all set! Simply use your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard at Shell®™, Metro™ or ANY participating AIR MILES Partner,2,3 and start earning more Miles today.​

Terms & Conditions
And yes they are confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://cloud.e-news.bmo.com/16958_EN

Hugs Mel

Hmmm ................... still not sure if I want to activate/use that BMO card.

I have three different accounts that I keep an eye on. Two (not ONYX, no BMO M/C) got the BMO email but no offer of 50AM. Mine (and I have a BMO M/C) got the email with the offer of 50 AM for simply opting in. Anyone else get the email on secondary accounts with no offer of additional AM?

I have three different accounts that I keep an eye on. Two (not ONYX, no BMO M/C) got the BMO email but no offer of 50AM. Mine (and I have a BMO M/C) got the email with the offer of 50 AM for simply opting in. Anyone else get the email on secondary accounts with no offer of additional AM?
Just checked my son's Airmiles emails and so far he has no offer of the free 50 Airmiles via BMO simply by Opting in.
He did get the Amazon 20X one though.(email)
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter