Airmiles Armchair Chatter

That's interesting. I had never heard of doing it this way. Automated refills, yes, that has always been what we do. Just call and use the automated system, pick up in 24 hours. But to renew a script that has run out?
Having a prescription renewed now seems to be more work for the pharmacist. Just an additional step all around. Send a request off to the doctor who sends the script to the pharmacy or call the pharmacy to send the request off to the doctor who sends the script to the pharmacy.
Either way, it is what it is. Our new normal I guess.
So for us anyway....you call the pharm as if you want a refill and the system will tell you that there are none left and then will say that they will contact the doctor and it will take a minimum of ? amount of time. It then will tell you to call before coming to pick up.

I'm not really sure that it's extra work for them.....I feel like it's just a slightly different order. Instead of the doctor sending the info to the pharm and then them calling you, now they call the doctor then the doctor sends it.

I would be inclined to book direct, I avoid connections if at all possible. Even if it's booking as two bookings. If you want to use the AM.

I have never flown Frontier, but I'd look at some reviews maybe? Unless you have flown with them before. I would probably be tempted by that one. Seems to be the lowest cash and you save the AM, the one day less is :( Obviously they don't have daily flights, could you book it for an extra day instead of one less? The savings would pay for an extra hotel night I'm sure ;) Though that can be difficult with schedules.
Oh ya...honestly not all that interested to book a layover by choice but man it's cheap miles wise.

I have flown Frontier a few times. It is super tempting because I also want to do a big shop on that side of the bridge and the return flight would get us back by noon and all my favourite stores are along the way from the airport to home. Usually they have a daily non stop but I have to guess that it's sold out on the Tuesday that I want to come back. The more I think about it I really want that extra day....I actually wish I could have a few extra days but work is really messing up my social life. I want 10 days...it's been so long since we did that. OK Liza Minelli...yes I had 10 days in January but I want 10 days in the parks with a maingate and a fancy resort at a massively discounted rate.

I will do anything to have a non stop. I am very nervous with layovers. Lately I have seen to many who have missed connections because flights are late. I would also be worried about arriving in Montreal and have something happen that makes the two hour layover turn into a 24 hour layover. All that would take is a flight delayed at take off and the staff meeting the point where they have to switch out crews. Any of that could easily happen.
With the BUF flight, is that US funds? If so, you will not save any money. The exchange rate at the moment is a killer.
Sorry, not much help. I would go with booking each leg separate if it means non-stop. Everyone has their own comfort level though.
Just keep your eye on the prize and enjoy the trip.
True...my thinking was that the layover is Montreal so at least we could drive or train home if needed but it would really irk me if that's how things went. I would be mad about missing more work and it NOT being at WDW.

We are not talking about the exchange rate...it does not exist :ssst: No savings over booking with AM but huge savings over a cash booking out of YYZ. $204USD vs. $1140CAD.

Do you have any time to wait. I find the offerings change up daily when booking with Airmiles. Go on the airlines actual site and see what their availability is. Could be the reason the price is so high is that the direct flights are almost fully booked. If you can stalk the sites for a week or so and see if anything changes.

I agree with hdrolfe, direct flights if at all possible. How many people are flying? One or two is a completely different situation than say 4.
It's just DD and I going. LOL....DH said to give him the dates and he would book the time off, I said 'you're not going'. Yes, I kinda felt bad but he does not like the parks. The one day we went in January all I heard most of the day was a big sigh and 'ok, if that's what you want'. So not listening to that again so soon.

I higher rates are on the return flight which is a Tuesday...Monday and Wednesday are even higher.

Well now I have $90 in cash AM and the starbucks e-vouchers aren't available, and I see Uber Eats, but not just Uber. So. Hopefully they are back before I leave on my trip or I guess I'll use them at Metro and swap for Disney GC's. I just can't use them when I shop on metro online so have to go to the store I guess. Not that I'm really complaining but I did pay for 6 months of home delivery so I don't have to go to a store after all 🤣

a224c9fffdfabba7d42dc3a7330b6793.jpg

Hugs Mel

I'm trying to read through the AM site but don't see an answer.....what's the difference between basic and standard when you click on the flight you want? The difference is 320-ish miles.

I'm ready to book and decided to just book the whole thing redeeming miles. Both booked as one ways ends up getting us a flight down after work for me @ 1700ish miles and the return in the evening (so we have nearly the whole day) @2340 miles...or a late morning flight @6400 miles. Probably going for the evening option.

I'm trying to read through the AM site but don't see an answer.....what's the difference between basic and standard when you click on the flight you want? The difference is 320-ish miles.

I'm ready to book and decided to just book the whole thing redeeming miles. Both booked as one ways ends up getting us a flight down after work for me @ 1700ish miles and the return in the evening (so we have nearly the whole day) @2340 miles...or a late morning flight @6400 miles. Probably going for the evening option.
I believe the basic or standard applies to the rank/level/features of the flight based on the ariline, not AM. So I believe you said you're looking at AC, so I think that's Air Canada's definition of a basic or standard flight.

Basic, you don't get a credit if you have to cancel. Basic they choose your seat (that said I've always been given great seats and have even been able to change at the gate)

Standard will give you airline credit if you have to cancel. You can choose your seat at the 24 hr mark without paying more.

If you know you're going to go and don't mind where they put you on the plane save yourself the extra AM. If not choose standard.

Basic, you don't get a credit if you have to cancel. Basic they choose your seat (that said I've always been given great seats and have even been able to change at the gate)

Standard will give you airline credit if you have to cancel. You can choose your seat at the 24 hr mark without paying more.

If you know you're going to go and don't mind where they put you on the plane save yourself the extra AM. If not choose standard.
So I can’t pay the fee for advance seat selection with either option?

So I can’t pay the fee for advance seat selection with either option?
You can but it costs $$$ more with basic than standard. It used to be with Basic that you had to take what they gave you. That was a few years ago though.

I have booked basic when I got a great price (AM) and knew I was going to go no matter what. I think I booked a month out. If there is any doubt that you may not go choose standard.

Well there is something weird with the site. I’m a tad nervous now. I got to the final confirm click after payment and the page went blank then showed the sign out/sign back in page.

So I waited a bit and the miles were not taken from my account and no email confirmation was received. I started the process over and after the final payment click I’m back at the review and accept T&C page.

I really hope I did not book twice….miles are still in my account though. What the heck do I do now?

Squeezed in a chat before they closed for the night. Rapids did not see any bookings and said the miles would have come out of my accounts immediately if it had. No reports of site issues either.
So the advice was to call customer service at 8am to reduce the wait time. Ya, I don’t have time for that in the morning. I’ll be heading out the door for work. I’ve made sure to log out and will try to book in the morning via an incognito window.

That is very weird. But then again these are weird days. Try again later today and let us know how it goes. I've looked at flights recently but never got past the return flight availability before backing out of the page. Hope it's just a glitch and it gets fixed while the flights are still available.

That is very weird. But then again these are weird days. Try again later today and let us know how it goes. I've looked at flights recently but never got past the return flight availability before backing out of the page. Hope it's just a glitch and it gets fixed while the flights are still available.
I’m going to try DD laptop. Too much weirdness lately with all my stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter