• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Once my eyes are able to focus again after yet another sleepless night I'll be trying to finish up the B3 thread but i thought I'd drop this little work around here first!

One of the new offers on the Mastercard-linked to your AM number can be used to complete several coupons on more than one card!
If you use ANY (yes any, even your Costco card) Canadian Issued Mastercard to link to ANY Airmiles card you will be able to collect miles at locations without showing your AM card. Here's the hack I'm thinking might help some of us complete B3 on more than one card

1. Link your Mastercard and Airmiles number
  2. Use THAT Airmiles account sign into the Airmilesshop site
  3. Slingshot into Indigo and buy a gift card for at least $65
  4. That completes TWO offers on that Airmiles account (using one of the offers listed on THIS WEBPAGE and earn 10 miles for the "coupon", plus the 25 miles for the offer AND the Online shopping offer of spend $100 at 2 stores (still need to spend another $35 at a different store of course!)
  5. Sign out of the Airmilesshop site
  6. Sign back in with a DIFFERENT Airmiles card
  7. Slingshot into Indigo and use the gift card you just bought to complete part of the Online offer for the SECOND card
So an initial outlay of $65 on any CDN Mastercard linked to any card will earn 135 miles on that card and use THREE B3 "coupons" PLUS 100 miles on the 2nd card and one B3 "coupon" (again, you need to complete TWO online transactions totally $100 for the online offer)

ALSO of note is that you can link and then unlink your Mastercard repeatedly to ANY Airmiles account if I read the terms correctly so you can get that B3 coupon used on multiple airmiles accounts by simply changing which account you've linked it to and then use one of the cheaper Mastercard offers - $10 at either Subway or Kernels will get you 5 miles and a "coupon" done

Anyone care to check this logic out and give thoughts before i post this on the B3 thread?

So here's a fun little story. Not sure if it was discussed here or in another thread but the wait times to call Air Transat are absolutely out of sight and there are certain things you can't do online with them. Yesterday I see that the club class option was dropped from a positively ridiculous $2700 back to $320. I had been contemplating either buying myself a second seat (don't want to sit with a stranger breathing on me) or getting club class. So I call....and the wait time is 3+ hours. Ok....I'll put it on speaker and go on with my afternoon. Don't I get cut off repeatedly in the first hour. So try, try again. I finally get the call to stick and after 90ish minutes I get cut off again. Now I'm a dog with a bone and I'm going to get through! Call again and sit on hold for over 2 hours at which point their office is supposed to be closed....I stay on hold another hour assuming that they are finishing up the calls in the que. NOPE...cut off again after over 3 hours. First thing this morning I look up the price and now it's $660....not happy. The office opens at 8am and I'm on the line right at 8am and have no hopes of even getting through before I leave for work at 8:30. Well didn't I get through immediately and get the nicest person. She pulls up my booking and checks out my options. She can not give me the club upgrade for $320 because it's linked to the original price I paid....bummer. It's now going to cost $515/pp but she can refund my option plus. She then looks at the cost of me buying the empty seat beside....that's $709. Lovely woman tells me I can put her on hold and go discuss with DH. Not something I need to do and we have a bit of a laugh about it. We proceed to have a little side discussion about what a great package I have booked. I'm feeling pressured to make a decision because no way will I get lucky again and get through so easily.

SO...... happy birthday and merry Christmas to me (and DH too).....I booked club class. I'm 99% sure based on previous experience that it is not even close to worth the cost but it's a 4.5hr flight and in the winter delays are very common so good chance my butt will be in that seat for 6 hours or so.....AND no rando sitting 2inches away from me taking off their mask for half the flight to nurse a drink. Maybe I'm a tad irrational about that but it's going to take me a very long time to get comfortable around strangers again and I need to take all precautions to make sure I get myself a negative test to return home.

Do we think the Sobeys flyer coupon (spend $125 get 100) and the Bonus Boom Burst offer (spend $100 get 5x) will stack?
No, i don't think it will .. here's the terms from the back of the "coupon" for B3 offer

Terms + Conditions
* Offer valid from November 18 to December 27, 2021. Valid at participating Sobeys locations in Ontario. To qualify for this offer, you must opt in. Multiplier offer applies to the standard base offer of one (1) Mile for every $20 purchase. Get 1 base Mile plus 4 Bonus Miles for every $20 in eligible grocery purchases. Minimum qualified purchase must be spent in a single transaction, excluding taxes, delivery charges, bill payments, service fees, rental fees, event tickets, gift cards, prepaid cards, postal products and services, Western Union® products and services, prescriptions, non-prescription pharmacy services, diabetes merchandise, insulin pumps and supplies, tobacco products, lottery tickets, transit passes, deposits, environmental charges, liquor, McCafé®, Starbucks®, Tim Hortons®, fuel, and all other goods or services specified by participating grocers or excluded by law (“Non-Discountable Products”). AIR MILES Cash Miles redemptions qualify towards this offer’s purchase requirement. Limit of one (1) offer per collector number. AIR MILES card must be presented at time of purchase. This AIR MILES offer cannot be combined with any other discount offer or coupon offer. See store for complete details. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Sobeys Capital Incorporated.

Just poking around on the new flight booking platform and happy to see that you can now choose any level of ticket, including first class. This was something I hated about using any type of reward program for booking flights, they only booked the bare bones, be happy if you get a seatbelt fare making it impossible to upgrade to any other options.

My Foodland shop today
Did $75 shop
My store is small so I ended up taking 3/4 their Pizza Pops and 1/2 their Toaster strudel.
New kind of toaster strudel ,,,strawberry cheese cake.
Their lean ground beef looks good and is not a bad price for a family pack.
Now none of the above I eat but my sons will be happy.
1 BBB coupon used for total shop.

I haven't even looked at Metro & Sobeys flyer yet.
I do think I'll take a run to Food Basic tomorrow as their Butterball Turkey breasts are on sale for 14.97 each.
Oh and Eggs are on for $1.97
Page 2 of 14
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10018/1435551?page=2&sourceID=10&position=16

Happy Shopping everyone.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Should all of the Bonus Boom miles show up on the receipt? At Foodland I spent the $75, bought the 2 mac and cheese for 50 miles and also bought the 2 taco seasonings for 100 miles, and of the 3 offers only the mac and cheese 50 miles bonus showed up - will the other 2 show up later?

Should all of the Bonus Boom miles show up on the receipt? At Foodland I spent the $75, bought the 2 mac and cheese for 50 miles and also bought the 2 taco seasonings for 100 miles, and of the 3 offers only the mac and cheese 50 miles bonus showed up - will the other 2 show up later?

Hi Rella
So you are the one that took all the Mac& Cheese???,,,lol lol just kidding.
I too spent $75.00 and nothing on my receipt says that it was worth 5 times the airmiles deal and good for one Bonus Boom Boost coupon.
I got 80 on the receipt for the 3 Taco Dinner kits & 40 on the receipt for the Kraft Jam. (Both Bonus Boom Boost deals ,,,but no mention of that fact on the receipt though.
This is one tricky BBB ,,,I will be hanging on to my receipts for sure this time.
You could try Online Chat or Phone call with Airmiles.
Hopefully others that do a shop at Foodland will comment.

Hugs
Mel

Hi Rella
So you are the one that took all the Mac& Cheese???,,,lol lol just kidding.
I too spent $75.00 and nothing on my receipt says that it was worth 5 times the airmiles deal and good for one Bonus Boom Boost coupon.
I got 80 on the receipt for the 3 Taco Dinner kits & 40 on the receipt for the Kraft Jam. (Both Bonus Boom Boost deals ,,,but no mention of that fact on the receipt though.
This is one tricky BBB ,,,I will be hanging on to my receipts for sure this time.
You could try Online Chat or Phone call with Airmiles.
Hopefully others that do a shop at Foodland will comment.

Hugs
Mel
Thanks for the response, I think the taco seasoning should have showed up on mine. My daughter works at Foodland so I'm making her take the receipt with her tomorrow.

Once my eyes are able to focus again after yet another sleepless night I'll be trying to finish up the B3 thread but i thought I'd drop this little work around here first!

One of the new offers on the Mastercard-linked to your AM number can be used to complete several coupons on more than one card!
If you use ANY (yes any, even your Costco card) Canadian Issued Mastercard to link to ANY Airmiles card you will be able to collect miles at locations without showing your AM card. Here's the hack I'm thinking might help some of us complete B3 on more than one card

4. That completes TWO offers on that Airmiles account (using one of the offers listed on THIS WEBPAGE and earn 10 miles for the "coupon", plus the 25 miles for the offer AND the Online shopping offer of spend $100 at 2 stores (still need to spend another $35 at a different store of course!)
  7. Slingshot into Indigo and use the gift card you just bought to complete part of the Online offer for the SECOND card
So an initial outlay of $65 on any CDN Mastercard linked to any card will earn 135 miles on that card and use THREE B3 "coupons" PLUS 100 miles on the 2nd card and one B3 "coupon" (again, you need to complete TWO online transactions totally $100 for the online offer)

ALSO of note is that you can link and then unlink your Mastercard repeatedly to ANY Airmiles account if I read the terms correctly so you can get that B3 coupon used on multiple airmiles accounts by simply changing which account you've linked it to and then use one of the cheaper Mastercard offers - $10 at either Subway or Kernels will get you 5 miles and a "coupon" done

Anyone care to check this logic out and give thoughts before i post this on the B3 thread?

not keeping up on my Air Miles, is B3-bonus boom

Safeway shop today $144 for 352 AM and 2 BBB offers done. Took the 100 AM this week so will go again for the 5x BBB offer.
Got gas at Shell last night for 1 BBB offer. Will go again in the next week or so and also do the lottery, non-fuel and cash miles offers for 3 more BBB offers. Gas is being rationed here, 30 liters max per fill due to the floods/mudslides that have affected the supply chain so will need to get another 30 liters next week.
So with the 3 Safeway offers, 4 Shell offers and between those I will likely hit the BMO offer, I will be done and earn the 800 AM.
May also do a AM shops order this weekend to get the 15x and 3x (onyx)

So Card 1 will receive 10am (B3) for using a linked offer, 25am (not B3) Indigo link offer + part of $100 ams /100am B3 offer = 1.666 B3 offers done.
Card 2 will receive part of $100 ams /100am B3 offer = .66 B3 offer done.

Do I have this correct?

I‘ve been away from airmiles for a couple years so I’m just trying to keep up.

So Card 1 will receive 10am (B3) for using a linked offer, 25am (not B3) Indigo link offer + part of $100 ams /100am B3 offer = 1.666 B3 offers done.
Card 2 will receive part of $100 ams /100am B3 offer = .66 B3 offer done.

Do I have this correct?

I‘ve been away from airmiles for a couple years so I’m just trying to keep up.
In my opinion YES, you've completed all of those offers if you do that! Don't forget that for the airmilesshops online coupon/offer to work you need to have that threshold of at least $100 take place from 2 different stores, no minimum purchase, just need to earn at least 1 mile from each transaction.

Last edited:
Sorry
Posted in wrong thread ,,,,moved to the BBB 3 Thread
Hi Gang
Can anyone give me a $ cost on buying the 2 El Paso Taco seasoning (Value 177g).

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter