airfare increases...scared to wait too long

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by saffsmom, Feb 29, 2012.

  1. saffsmom

    saffsmom Mouseketeer

    Jan 20, 2012
    we will be flying from buffalo to orlando sunday sept 30th
    everything i read says that i should wait until May to shop for flights
    but i am SO freaked out by the already steady fare increases!

    i am terrified of waiting and A) paying way more than current prices
    B) not being able to afford a huge jumop in prices
    or C) not getting seats on the (only) nonstop flight

    we will be flying with southwest so i know that i can get a credit if prices go down....i just do not need another thing to stress about
    (ADR planning and the will there/won't there be FD is driving me nuts already!)
  2. Brer Chump

    Brer Chump Cousin of the great Zen Philosopher Bosho

    Oct 13, 2007
    Normally I would suggest you wait until May or June to book. Considering the bull market in oil, I would book ASAP. Sales will be few and price of fuel will continue to increase.
  3. Carina

    Carina DIS Veteran

    Jul 29, 2010
    Hubby and I found a flight into Tampa for $350 (total) over our budget ( return from seattle for 5 people)

    Everything else has been $600-$900 more than our buget. He finally said just do it. Even though its soon to be booking for Sept we just couldn't risk it going higher. I can make up $350 somewhere in the budget I cannot make up $900 somewhere.

    We booked southwest, but the future credit isn't helpful to us - it costs us over $300 ( ferry, hotel and fuel) just to get to a Southwest Airport, and there is zero chance we would take a trip by february after taking a trip in sept
  4. Mister Skellington

    Mister Skellington Mouseketeer

    Aug 9, 2004
    Agree, gas prices may be a game change there.....:thumbsup2

    I would tend to book early with SW anyway. The best prices for them seem to go early.

Share This Page