Air Tran Airways

Obsessed w/Disney in OH

With hope, the imagination soars.
Anybody have any information about Air Tran Airways?

There's a nonstop flight from Dayton, OH to Orlando which is the best deal around. I just have never heard of them before, and that makes me nervous~!

Any information would be most appreciated! :D :D

I've flown AirTran many times and never had a problem. Most of their planes are newer 717s (with a few DC-9s still in service, I believe, but not many). They're a no-frills airline, so don't expect a lot of bells and whistles.

I think pretty much all the airlines eliminated the 'bells & whistles' after sept. 11, unless you are flying 1st class....:p

I'm not sure where in Ohio you live. We're between Springfield, and Dayton, and flying out of Indianapolis, on ATA. $136.50 RT, with tax.

I always check Dayton, Columbus, and Indianapolis. Cincinnati is almost always too high.

We have flown Airtran from Dayton, without problems.

Two HUGE thumbs up for AirTran from me and my wife. We flew them for the first time ever last week. We had booked flights connecting in Atlanta because it was significantly cheaper than nonstops when we booked. On the way back from MCO they switched us to a nonstop flight at no additional charge. We saved three hours of travel time! They also let you upgrade to business class for just $35, which is a nice option to have. I would fly them again in a heartbeat, even though it's a longer drive to the Akron airport.

We just returned (Monday) from a quick weekend trip to WDW. We flew from Rochester, NY to ATL, then connected to MCO, flight was fine, attendants were friendly. On our return trip we flew one a n/s flight, MCO to ROC-upgraded to business class for the extra $35 and it was really great. I have already bought my tixs with them for our July trip.

Also--they have the rewards program on their site, sign up for it and you can earn free 1 way tixs pretty quickly.

HTH!

We fly Airtran out of Flint, Michigan since we will do almost anything to avoid Detroit Metro and Northwest Airlines. The flights are cheap and it is easy to connect in Atlanta. Airtran used to be ValueJet, which had a bad crash/explosion over the Florida Everglades several years ago, but that hasn't deterred us from flying them.

I'm also looking into AirTran. They and SWA (Columbus) are now the only viable nonstop flights from Southern Ohio. America West has moved out as of June 1, and Delta is now flying Embraers out of Columbus through "Chautauqua Airlines".

The first delivery of a 717 was in '98 so they should be fine modern aircraft, about 100 seats.

I knew I was asking the right group of people if I needed information...I can always rely on DIS!

We bit the bullet and booked the flights. It was the best price we've seen lately, and it's non-stop which is worth a lot to us. Thanks for the reassurances.

WDW here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:earsgirl:

I was just thinking "I hope he didn't clog up our flight", and noticed that our countdowns are in complete synchronization!! So maybe we will be on the same flight! (Sorry about that "clog" remark!) What price did you get? Did you take nonstop both ways (7:30PM return)?

I've been called worse than that! :teeth:

We took non-stop both ways--Saturday to Saturday. We got it for $186 which we went for since that's the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend.

We thought about waiting for Southwest, but since they only fly out of Columbus and the flight schedule wasn't as appealing, we decided to just go for ATA.

According to the internet and the phone call we made to purchase the tickets, we bought the last 4 lesser($86) priced tickets for the Nov. 29 flight. We needed 5 tickets, so we had to buy one at $126 for that leg. SORRY!! I hope it works out for you... Yikes!! I may be a "clog" after all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter