Aimee & Brent's Dream Wedding~09/17/11 Castaway Cay~Update Wedding

Wow, everything looks great! I love what your BMs did for your bachelorette party!

My general thanks to everyone. :thanks:

I appreciate the feedback (even more that it is all positive).

Awhile back now, Brent and I picked out all the music. We sat down, looked up all the songs online and listened. He doesn't know that many Disney songs, (I'm marrying a non-Disney person, scary I know) so the wedding songs themselves are all traditional.

Prelude/Seating - Canon in D

Processional - Bridal Chorus

Recessional - Wedding March

First Dance - A Whole New World (A Disney song Brent knows)

Cake Cutting - You'll Be in My Heart (He hearts Phil Collins and knew the song, but didn't realize it was a Disney song).

Father/Daughter Dance - I loved her first (Heartland ~ My stepmom's suggestion)

Stepfather/Daughter Dance - Stepfather of the bride (Mike McLaughlin ~ My mom found this online and it is perfect)

Mother/Son Dance - All to you (DJ Keo ~ Brent's mom's pick, I'm not sure Brent has even listened to it, as he didn't get a say).

All the parent/child dances are country, which is really funny because I don't really care for most country music. I'm excited about our choices though.

Can you imagine how you will feel this time next week? We have such a short way to go. I'm excited to be going on a cruise. I know you must be about to pop. You must be a busy bride to be making sure everything is ready. I hope I atleast get a glimpse of you in your wedding gown. I don't even know you but I am very happy for you. May God bless us all, especially you with perfect weather.:wizard:

Can you imagine how you will feel this time next week? We have such a short way to go. I'm excited to be going on a cruise. I know you must be about to pop. You must be a busy bride to be making sure everything is ready. I hope I atleast get a glimpse of you in your wedding gown. I don't even know you but I am very happy for you. May God bless us all, especially you with perfect weather.:wizard:

Thanks so much for your kind words! I am excited, today I took it easy, I'm officially off work until after the Disneymoon. So today was my calm before the storm (I also dropped my mom and stepdad off at the airport).

I hope you see me, the ceremony is at 10 am on Castaway Cay. I am thinking of maybe putting my dress back on for dinner. So maybe that will give you longer in the day, if you see me please say hello.

I'm hoping to look and feel like a princess that day. :bride:

Just some reflections.

I cannot believe that it is almost here, it will all be over before I know it! I can stop obsessively planning.

I am sooooooooooo excited to get married. I love Brent and am thrilled to be able to call him my husband in a week. :bride:

I sort of wish I would have done something for our guests (Brent's mom got all the rooms door decorations) similar to welcome bags but we a) didn't have the money b) didn't have the time. Maybe once everything settles, I will make thank you gifts and mail them.

I keep praying to the weather gods. :worship: I find cruising during hurricane season not to be an issue because I am usually really good with just going with flow. However, when Hurricane Irene came through I found it stressful and with the projections for Tropical Storm Maria, I'm obsessively checking the weather. I also keep singing "How Do You Solve a Problem Named Maria" from the Sound of Music over and over again in my head. Its scary I know. :rotfl:

In general, if we don't make Castaway Cay I'd like to say, I can just go with the flow, and really hope that is the case. I just worry for Brent because the beach wedding part was our compromise, otherwise I feel like its all me. But I'm hoping the weather gods will answer my prayers (the latest track has shifted further away from the Bahamas. I know whatever happens it will be beautiful and a happy occasion because we are finally getting married. :hug: I'm not as concerned with the details of the day, just the big picture.

I've been reading a lot of PJ's recently and posts on the main threads. I will say I don't feel as stressed as I feel some other brides do, even with the weather stress, and I'm extremely happy with my decision to have a DCL wedding (regardless of if we end up missing CC). The entire planning process has been low key and seamless, I'm so pleased with everything. Piece of advice to anyone thinking of a DCL wedding. If you are the type of person that needs to be control of all the details of the day, don't do a DCL wedding especially a Castaway Cay wedding. There is NO guarantee you will even make it to the ports you want to go to and I don't think it would be a good fit.

I think the idea of wearing your dress to dinner if you can stand the attention. I bet you will upstage the princess in your wedding dress :bride:. All the little (and some big) girls will love seeing an actual bride. Your advice on the destination wedding and details are so true. My best friend got married in Nassau Sept 26 of last year. They did most the work so it was super easy but except picking the music and the spot she had very little control. However, she was the happiest I've ever saw her.

IMAG0376.jpg

I wanted a Disney Bride shirt ~ so I made one with the leftover rhinestones for my shoes. :goodvibes

Your shirt looks great!! Have a great time and congratulations!!! I am hoping you will have beautiful weather!!

I cannot wait to see the pictures of your wedding....good luck and sending good vibes that the weather and calm seas are there for you!!!!

Have a wonderful wedding you two!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheryl

Hi everyone reading Aimee's PJ - this is Aimee's mom. I will say all the pixie dust and prayers to the weather gods (as Aimee was putting it) worked. Weather was beautiful (albeit a bit hot) and wedding took place on beach as planned. I will let her tell you everything else - I will just say some pics I took on my own Kodak easy share camera (compared to even her professional pics) are sooooo beautiful. If I wasn't there myself I would wonder if they were photoshopped or even a postcard scene that she was cropped into :) it was so beautiful and she of course was so beautiful. Ok she will be back on Saturday from her Disneymoon. Will let her tell you everything else
Becky

Hi everyone reading Aimee's PJ - this is Aimee's mom. I will say all the pixie dust and prayers to the weather gods (as Aimee was putting it) worked. Weather was beautiful (albeit a bit hot) and wedding took place on beach as planned. I will let her tell you everything else - I will just say some pics I took on my own Kodak easy share camera (compared to even her professional pics) are sooooo beautiful. If I wasn't there myself I would wonder if they were photoshopped or even a postcard scene that she was cropped into :) it was so beautiful and she of course was so beautiful. Ok she will be back on Saturday from her Disneymoon. Will let her tell you everything else
Becky

Can we get a small sneak peak pic????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter