Aimee & Brent's Dream Wedding~09/17/11 Castaway Cay~Update Wedding

Your dress is beautiful. I'm considering getting sleeves like that put on mine. I couldn't find the dress I wanted with sleeves, so I had to go strapless. :)

Wow, for 100$ that dress was a STEAL! It's really pretty and looks great on you! I love the strap/cap sleeves and the style is lovely.

I'm just joining in now, I'm really interested to hear about a cruise wedding. I love cruises almost as much as Disney so I can't wait to see how it goes.

Any idea of if your MIL is going to join you? What part of the cruise is she nervous about?

Thanks! I love my dress.

My future MIL and FIL are coming on the cruise. I think they are just looking forward to everything. It is their first Disney cruise but not their first cruise.

Feel free to ask anything about the cruise wedding, I will try my best to answer.

Your dress looks beautiful! I love the softness the little sleeves give the dress and it looks great on you! I also like the shirts for your DF and the shoes will look great with either shirt.

Thanks!

I wish the pics I snapped at the seamstress showed the beautiful lace/sparkles of the dress. See the pic on page 3 (the ones from the catalog w/the model) to see the lovely detail.

I agree ~ the sparkle is lovely.

Your dress is beautiful. I'm considering getting sleeves like that put on mine. I couldn't find the dress I wanted with sleeves, so I had to go strapless. :)

Thanks! If you want it, I would totally get the sleeves, I LOVE them. My dress is made to go either way, but I knew I wanted them. Once they were sewn on, it made the dress look so much prettier.

Here's the wording I'm thinking about for the at home reception.

Where should I put in the "Disney Dream" cruise part or is it necessary?

Aimee MIDDLE NAME LAST NAME
&
Brent MIDDLE NAME LAST NAME

have found our fairy tale and will be joined in marriage
September 17, 2011
on the shores of Castaway Cay, Bahamas

Along with our families,
we request the honor of your presence
at a celebration of our happily ever after
October 1, 2011
7:00 p.m.
Saint Louis, MO ZIP CODE

Here's the wording I'm thinking about for the at home reception.

Where should I put in the "Disney Dream" cruise part or is it necessary?

Aimee MIDDLE NAME LAST NAME
&
Brent MIDDLE NAME LAST NAME

have found our fairy tale and will be joined in marriage
September 17, 2011
on the shores of Castaway Cay, Bahamas

Along with our families,
we request the honor of your presence
at a celebration of our happily ever after
October 1, 2011
7:00 p.m.
Saint Louis, MO ZIP CODE

I don't think it's necessary to have in there unless you're inviting people on the cruise and they need to know what ship to get on. When people see "Castaway Cay" most people will know it's a Disney cruise.

I think the wording is just fine and the Disney Dream doesn't nee to be listed. It sounds very similar to mine.

I borrowed ideas from the disboards and made passport invitations for the people going on the cruise.

I am really pleased with how they turned out.

Passport.jpg

PassportInvite2.jpg

PassportPic2.jpg

Passport1-2.jpg

Passport3-4.jpg

Passport5-6.jpg

Passport7.jpg

PassportBack.jpg

I also mailed out 130 + invites for the at home reception.

These were also DIY with inspirations from the boards.

Invite.jpg

ReplyCard.jpg

Love the passports! They look great! If I can ask, approx how much is it for your guests to do the cruise? Do they do a room block and reduced rate like a WDW wedding or is it the regular cruise pricing?

Love the passports! They look great! If I can ask, approx how much is it for your guests to do the cruise? Do they do a room block and reduced rate like a WDW wedding or is it the regular cruise pricing?

For us it was regular cruise pricing. We didn't expect that many guests to come so we didn't want to go through the hassle of working with the Disney Groups person.

Our personal total was just at $4570

$3500 ~ Wedding
$1070 ~ Cruise (Category 05D - Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah)

Some of our guests got inside staterooms so their totals were less.

I borrowed ideas from the disboards and made passport invitations for the people going on the cruise.

I am really pleased with how they turned out.

Passport.jpg

PassportInvite2.jpg

PassportPic2.jpg

Passport1-2.jpg

Passport3-4.jpg

Passport5-6.jpg

Passport7.jpg

PassportBack.jpg

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. Just got off the phone with Shanda and found out my date is available in nov 2012 for a vow renewal. Yours and others PJ's are going to be helpful. I love the passport idea..could you please help me with the instructions on how to do these-or where the template is. I ahve done the Epcot ones for my boys before. The boards has been great with helping me to make our cruises more memorable.

Thanks.

Loved reading this thread!! (followed over here from the "is Castaway Cay going to be open" thread).

We are on the same sailing as you and will be celebrating our 11th anniversary. We will definitely say hello if we see you.

Your dress is lovely, the invitations are beautiful and the flowers are perfect!!

Best Wishes

Kathi

Loved reading this thread!! (followed over here from the "is Castaway Cay going to be open" thread).

We are on the same sailing as you and will be celebrating our 11th anniversary. We will definitely say hello if we see you.

Your dress is lovely, the invitations are beautiful and the flowers are perfect!!

Best Wishes

Kathi

Kathi,

Thanks! I have a planned update to this thread tonight. I have had my combined wedding shower/bachelorette party. And finished my shoes.

If you see us say hi. You should pop over to the cruise meet thread and say hi there (if you haven't already)

Kara, (my BFF) came in town from Chicago and threw me an "Amazing Race" themed wedding shower/bachelorette party.

294851_925142889414_34300915_42631501_566444_n.jpg

185427_925140269664_34300915_42631411_1421063_n.jpg

She brought cookies! We used to have "Girly Beer and Skip Bo" nights in college (note: the skip bo cookies have our wedding date 9/17/11).

294966_925140090024_34300915_42631403_7445919_n.jpg

295614_925140184834_34300915_42631406_2432148_n.jpg

After presents, we had an "Aimee's Amazing Race" 2 teams of 4 went on an actual race throughout downtown St. Louis.

285466_925141437324_34300915_42631448_2116818_n.jpg

228831_925141806584_34300915_42631462_4278524_n.jpg

294938_925142330534_34300915_42631483_2533375_n-1.jpg

My team Won!

293993_925142654884_34300915_42631494_7610757_n.jpg

Looks like so much fun!!

Great flip flops - love sparkly and blue!

Kathi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter