Aimee & Brent's Dream Wedding~09/17/11 Castaway Cay~Update Wedding

Day 3 ~ Friday, September 16, 2011 (Nassau)

Friday started by waking up to this view off the balcony as we pulled in to Nassau.

100_0232.jpg

We had plans to meet my mom's side of the family and go shopping at 10 am.

So Brent and I went to have breakfast. We decided to eat sit down breakfast in the Royal Palace restaurant again. It was a nice way to start the day.

When we got out of breakfast, we saw the princess meet and greet. (I stole this picture from my parents camera but it was too sweet).

Princesses.jpg

We soon met up with my family to complete my one and only mission in Nassau. Buy color changing nail polish for the wedding!

100_0235.jpg

In the cruise terminal we immediately lost half the group. We detoured through the straw market on the way to Del Sol. (It was HOT).

strawmarket.jpg

StrawMarket2.jpg

After we went through the straw market we headed to Del Sol. Along the way we found the other part of our group (who all headed to Del Sol as they knew we would end up there eventually).

Nassau.jpg

Mission complete. :yay:

ColorChangingNailPolish.jpg

Note: My aunt bought me the nail polish (thanks!) as a wedding present and I got two colors. White that turns to pink and blue that turns purple.

100_0236.jpg

I have NEVER heard of color changing nail polish. That is pretty cool!! Cannot wait to hear more!!

Day 3 ~ Friday, September 16, 2011 (Continued)

Brent really really wanted to go parasailing and I didn't. While not completely opposed to the idea, Thursday had been soooo emotional for me and I get motion sick (BAD) so I opted not to go. Brent found out my mom and stepdad were planning to go in Castaway Cay so he sweet talked them into going in Nassau instead. He had saw a booth in the straw market so he went back and signed them up.

As it was tandem parasailing so Brent was super excited he got to go twice, once with my mom and once with Dan. Here are some of their pictures (While they were parasailing I went to lunch with my grandparents and took a nap).

Parasail1.jpg

Parasail2.jpg

Parasail3.jpg

After they got back I went with my mom to deliver FE gifts.

The FE process was a ton of fun. About every time we got back to our room, we had presents. We had a very creative bunch and got very cool gifts (everything from magnets to a Mickey dream catcher).

First here is a picture (from home) of my FE gifts. I made them into magnets.

FEgifts.jpg

Here are pictures of a couple doors.

100_0245.jpg

100_0242.jpg

Day 3 ~ Friday, September 16, 2011 (Continued)

After delivering FE gifts, Brent and I had our Palo dinner.

We are NOT fancy food people so we were a little apprehensive of this. But after the day of a zillion problems on Thursday we were looking forward to having a) no wedding stuff to stress about and b) no family stuff to stress about.

100_0250.jpg

First was the antipasto dish. It was okay...

100_0249.jpg

Next was pizza. Which was awesome. Brent said it was the best cheese pizza he has ever had.

100_0252.jpg

Then there was dinner which Brent ordered steak, I ordered chicken and we got some pasta stuff as side dishes. I HATED the chicken and sent it back and ordered the steak instead. Steak was yummy. Pasta was different.

100_0256.jpg

100_0255.jpg

Finally there was dessert. I ordered the tiramisu and Brent ordered the chocolate souffle (sorry only have a picture of the tiramisu).

100_0259.jpg

When we were done they brought us a "congratulations."

100_0260.jpg

100_0264.jpg

Overall dinner was good. Way too much food, Brent talked in a fake British accent all dinner and we had a nice view of the Oasis of the Sea pulling out of Nassau.

Our Palo night was Pirate night on the ship, so after dinner I went and found some pirates (aka went to the show)

Pirates.jpg

I had to stop before show time and talk to Gillian though. She told me was really glad I came back by as she was worried about me. She really was the sweetest thing.

100_0265.jpg

After show time it was time for fireworks. I am not the biggest fan of fireworks by any means (translation: I pretty much HATE them), but I went to make Brent happy and out of curiosity of what fireworks off a cruise ship looked like. We met up with my dad and crew and Brent's folks off the adult only bar/deck to watch them.

If you like fireworks they were pretty cool I suppose. The show that I could hear but not see interested me more.... After the fireworks I met up with my aunt (who was also in the same area) to grab my nail polish from her. She had a super cute towel animal ~ at least I think this picture was from her room.

100_0266.jpg

After that I watched Brent go on the Aquaduck some more with my dad's friends. I couldn't go as the hair dresser told me NOT to get my hair wet and come to the appointment with it dry...

While they rode the duck, I had "the talk" with my dad. :eek: I had been avoiding the walking down the aisle discussion with pretty much everyone. If during the planning process anyone brought it up I would tell them I didn't want to talk about it and tear up and/or cry. I had pretty much made the decision to walk myself down the aisle, but needed to talk to my dad about it. He said he completely understood and his fear was I would have Dan (my stepdad) walk me and not him. It was a BIG stress reliever, but didn't come without tears from me.

100_0268.jpg

Soon after, Brent and I went back to the room and we sat out together and watched lightening far away over the water. I of course used this opportunity to paint my nails for the wedding, I went with the blue that turned purple. Brent ordered room service and we went to bed. Wedding was in the morning! :lovestruc

I'm sorry you were so stressed! <3 Gillian sounds amazing.

I am looking forward to reading about your wedding day!

Day 4 ~ Saturday, September 17, 2011 (Wedding Day!)

Saturday was Wedding Day!!!!

We woke up really early because of the excitement of the day and watched the Dream start to pull into Castaway Cay from our balcony.

Balcony.jpg

Brent and I went to breakfast together at the buffet. I don't think I could really eat much of anything, but it was nice to have the calm before the storm of the day.

My hair appointment was at 8 am, but I was told to show up about 7:45. So I made the short trek from the buffet to the spa.

Hair.jpg

My mom and Laura (MOH) came to hang out while my hair was getting done. My hairdresser said my tiara was the best model in the states and he was very glad my hair was long. (Which made me feel good as I hated my long hair and grew it out only for the wedding. The day after the at-home reception, I cut 10-11 inches off).

My mom left a little bit before my hair was done as she was supposed to meet Brent and everyone in the Lounge to go out to the island. As I was walking myself down the aisle, I had Laura help me get ready. Laura left for a few to change and met me at the room.

He was quick, my hair was done and looked great by 9 am. The finished hair (sorry the best picture I had is from on the beach).

DSC_4787.jpg

I met Laura in the room to get ready. She brought my something borrowed.

My "something new" (my dress)

100_0286.jpg

My "something old" (my grandma's necklace) and "something borrowed" (earrings from Laura)

100_0284.jpg

My "something blue" (My flip flops ~ again the best picture I had is from on the beach).

DSC_4738.jpg

Right after I got dressed my mom came to the room looking for tape, so that was nice as I wasn't sure I'd get to see her before the ceremony (once I was ready).

All that was left was to wait until 9:30 or 9:45 for Tom.

So to kill time, we took a couple getting ready pictures.

100_0291.jpg

100_0290.jpg

Day 4 ~ Saturday, September 17, 2011 (Wedding Day! Continued)

Soon enough Tom was at the door, with my beautiful bouquet. And off we went.

Laura and I got to ride on the back of the golf cart to the ceremony site. Which was a very surreal experience. When we got on the cart, Stitch came by and "offered" to be my "something blue". On the way I got lots of waves, smiles, and congratulations from people enjoying the island.

The weather was beautiful. Hot. But really, just beautiful. All the hurricane/tropical storm worry but nothing to complain about (other than it was maybe too bright).

Here are a bunch of wedding ceremony photos.

The men (My grandpa, my stepdad, Brent, Brent's dad, and my dad).

SDI_5909.jpg

My dad ran into me at breakfast and asked if he could say hi before the ceremony started so Tom got him (and my mom both) so say hi right before I headed down the aisle.

DSC_4732.jpg

And the ceremony begins. Honestly I don't remember much of it other than a) the script was different than the one we got from Disney and b) it was sooo bright it was hard to look directly in Brent's eyes.

DSC_4735.jpg

DSC_4736.jpg

DSC_4737.jpg

SDI_5912.jpg

SDI_5924.jpg

Exchanging the rings (which got stuck on Brent's hand, but eventually went on)

DSC_4748.jpg

DSC_4753.jpg

DSC_4763.jpg

And the rest of the ceremony

DSC_4773.jpg

DSC_4793.jpg

SDI_5915.jpg

You may now kiss the bride...

DSC_4806.jpg

So this starts the madness after the ceremony.

My advice:
  • Have someone bring you sunglasses
  • Bring Water
  • Have a list of what family photos you want

We were never happier to put on sunglasses.

DSC_4821.jpg

The madness of family trying to take pictures of us.

DSC_4828.jpg

The picture you see my dad taking in the above picture

dadpic.jpg

Signing the Bahamian Wedding License. Our moms signed the US one as witnesses, so Brent called the dads over to sign the Bahamian one (which meant a lot to my dad).

DSC_4857.jpg

After signing the wedding license we took a bunch of posed pictures/family pictures

SDI_5929.jpg

SDI_5933.jpg

SDI_5942.jpg

SDI_5949.jpg

All the wedding guests

SDI_5955.jpg

So my poor Great Aunt got too hot and started to faint when we were taking this photo. There was no water close to where we were. All bad. Someone ran to get her water and we got her a car and then took the photo.

In the aftermath of this we were still trying to take family photos. Which was a mess. There was still people trying to take pictures with their own cameras and people trying to take care of my Aunt. We were also half arguing with Tom trying to get him to take some of the guests/my Aunt back on board. He wanted to take all the wedding guests at once because he needed to be in the Outlook Lounge. He eventually took our guests in shifts, but we missed most of this taking photos.

See wedding worried faces...

SDI_5963.jpg

We almost missed a picture of us and my dad and stepmom but got one...

SDI_5968.jpg

We did miss a picture of us and my mom and stepdad. Other than the picture with all the parentals in it, this is the best shot I have with my stepdad (which was taken right at the end of the ceremony, before we started taking posed shots).

DSC_4832.jpg

We also missed a picture with my grandparents (at least on the cameras I have access to the pictures).

So my suggestion is to make a list of family photos you want. Our photographer was lovely, but he didn't know what we wanted and didn't want or who our guests were.

As we were walking away to get pictures of just the two of us, we ran into my favorite restroom attendant. She was able to get permission to come, which was awesome. She was watching from little bit back as she didn't want to intrude, but I was so excited to see that she was able to come.

DSC_4897.jpg

So even more pictures...

SDI_5978.jpg

DSC_4865.jpg

DSC_4885.jpg

DSC_4909.jpg

SDI_5985.jpg

SDI_5991.jpg

Outside our cabin (Brent went to change his undershirt before the cake/champagne reception)

DSC_4924.jpg

Our photographer asked us to pose/kiss on the stairs but I kept laughing...

DSC_4929.jpg

Pictures around the ship

DSC_5127.jpg

DSC_5148.jpg

DSC_5135.jpg

DSC_5146.jpg

DSC_5158.jpg

Day 4 ~ Saturday, September 17, 2011 (Wedding Day! Continued ~ Cake and Champagne Reception)

So after finishing up taking pictures we headed up to the Outlook Lounge for the Cake and Champagne Reception.

DSC_4939.jpg

DSC_4940.jpg

DSC_4949.jpg

DSC_5108.jpg

The Toast (Side note: I had the cider, it was wonderful)

DSC_5054.jpg

DSC_4988.jpg

DSC_5048.jpg

The Cake

100_0292.jpg

DSC_5012.jpg

DSC_5023.jpg

DSC_5032.jpg

DSC_5066.jpg

The First Dance

firstdance-1.jpg

DSC_5079.jpg

And that is (finally) the last of the wedding photos. I hope you enjoyed...

The only things that went wrong during the reception:

Tom tried to give us the wedding certificate with the wrong date on it. I gave it back discretely and he replaced it later in the evening.

They didn't have the non-alcoholic cider for me ready. But in Tom's defense, I didn't ask for it until the night before so it wasn't on the paperwork, and it was a quick fix.

Aimee, your day looks so magical! Love all the photos. Sorry your aunt had trouble with the heat. You and Brent are an adorable couple.

Aimee, your day looks so magical! Love all the photos. Sorry your aunt had trouble with the heat. You and Brent are an adorable couple.

So a month later, I'm getting back to you (if you are still around). Thanks. My auntie was fine once she got some water and in the AC.

And when I look at my pictures all I see is how happy I look.

Looks wonderful! What a great way to have a wedding!

Thanks so much. I still love my choice for a wedding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

General life update/why I haven't been on the boards as much... I won't be back in Disney anytime soon. Brent lost his job in October. He made the decision to go back to school for his mechanic certification and got a job as a waiter in the mean time. I think it was life's way of forcing him on this path, its something he has been thinking about for awhile and this forced it to happen. I look forward to what the future brings for us.

On that note since things have settled down, I'm working on finishing my TR.

Thanks so much. I still love my choice for a wedding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

General life update/why I haven't been on the boards as much... I won't be back in Disney anytime soon. Brent lost his job in October. He made the decision to go back to school for his mechanic certification and got a job as a waiter in the mean time. I think it was life's way of forcing him on this path, its something he has been thinking about for awhile and this forced it to happen. I look forward to what the future brings for us.

On that note since things have settled down, I'm working on finishing my TR.

It was a great choice for a wedding! It is very hard looking at all of the pictures! It makes me want to do it all over again!! Sounds like you and Brent have it figured out and I am glad he is getting his mechanic certification! Good for him! I am sure you will have a bright future!!

Day 4 ~ Saturday, September 17, 2011 (Wedding Day! Continued ~ Castaway Cay)

There was a whole day after the wedding! Can you believe it?!? There is a trip post-wedding. :lmao:

We changed and went straight to eat on Castaway Cay. I was sooooo hungry by that point in the day.

Here's some random Castaway Cay pictures that you've probably seen from other folks also.

CastawayCay.jpg

CastawayCay1.jpg

CastawayCay2.jpg

Brent decided he wanted to go jet-skiing. Being a chicken on this trip, (aka I was tired, my stomach was still in knots from the wedding festivities, and I didn't want to mess up my hair) I didn't want to go.... We went over to the booth to book it for him. And they said it was sold out for the day. :sad2:

But, a very nice man saw that we had just gotten married and he canceled his ride/tour so Brent could go. I don't know who he was, but thank you. You made Brent's day. The man said he was tired anyways so hopefully it worked out well for him also.

Some more pictures

CastawayCay3.jpg

CastawayCay4.jpg

CastawayCay5.jpg

Off Brent goes. He said it was fun and I would have hated it. So I made the best choice and took a nap on a lounge chair and hung out with my mom.

CastawayCay6.jpg

A couple more pictures...

CastawayCay7.jpg

CastawayCay8.jpg

Day 4 ~ Saturday, September 17, 2011 (One Last Night on the Dream Post-Wedding Evening)

After leaving Castaway Cay my mom and I went to the character blitz.

Dream.jpg

Dream1.jpg

Daisy.jpg

Dream2.jpg

ChipandDale.jpg

At dinner they brought us our leftover cake and cake topper.

Dream3.jpg

I asked for a box for the cake topper, but they didn't have one available at dinner. Otherwise I don't remember much about dinner. We did say goodbye to our guests in case we didn't see them after that. This was the last night of the cruise.

In between dinner and showtime I went down to the room. Poor Tom knocks on the door wanting to decorate our bed and looked shocked that we were in the room. Apparently he thought we were at late dinner. He said he would be back later and I asked him for a box for the cake topper.

I went to the show (Believe) which made me cry. More tears. Ugh. If you've seen it you might understand but otherwise I don't want to ruin the show (so stop reading here if you don't want to know) but the scene when the dad sees the girl grown up and finding her prince charming got to me. I think because it was my wedding night.

Anyways....

After the show I go back to the room to meet up with Brent so we can pack to get our suitcases out in the hallway in time for pick up. It was a frantic process. We get another knock on the door (that poor Tom) who was still surprised we were in there. He was really really nice, but not good at details.

At that point, I just let him in to decorate. Here is the before (Note: you can see the edge of the suitcase on the bed and packing going on).

Dream4.jpg

Here is the after.

Dream5.jpg

Brent and I then spent literally the rest of the evening picking out pictures. The pictures weren't ready until about showtime for us to review, because they gave us a printed copy of EVERY picture to look through. We had so many wonderful pictures, we weren't sure which ones we wanted. We got to pick 30 pictures to be printed as 5x7 and 30 8x10.

My mom of course helped us, but it took forever. This part was the worst part of the cruise. It is hard to pick out your favorite photos, and the boat was rocking in the ocean that night. By the time we were done, I felt soooo seasick and exhausted and just wanted to go to bed. So Brent worked things out with our photographer. He said we could pick up the pictures in the morning.

So that was the end of a lovely (overall) wedding day. :love:

You had a great day! The packing was hectic for us too since it was the last night of the cruise and the wedding night. I am glad you got lots of great pictures. Did they give you an album for the pictures or were they just loose and did you have the option for a disk with all of the pictures?? Just wondering...

Great trip report!! Happy 2012!!

Happy 2012!

We picked up the pictures the next day. We received them loose in folders, but were given two photo albums to put them in. Each photo album also came with a storage box. Heavy and awkward to carry but actually really nice to have.

We also go the CD which came in like a DVD case that says Disney Cruise Line on it. We had to pick it all up before we disembarked in the morning. I'll post pictures when I get around to finishing the TR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter