Age restrictions at Vibe

Well, I think that my daughter wouldn't be too upset if I checked up on her, but I wouldn't actually do it all the time. I was more so thinking about a situation where we were going to go swimming, and wanted to see if she wanted to come with us. I know that with the kids club, I can just go to the desk and they will get my son for me, or let us go get him. I was just wondering what the procedure was for Edge. If I just have to call the club and they will put her on the phone, that works for me. :)

I probably shouldn't ask in a thread about VIBE, but admittedly I wasn't thinking. :)

How about just being sure that you tween has a wave phone, then you can be in as much contact as the two of you choose...

I was on the dream over new years and as I was approaching the entrance to the vibe, there was a father standing lost at the entrance (he couldn't get in, because he didn't have the coding on the card) and I let him in. There is a phone that will call in to the vibe right outside the second door, but not the first door. If there ever is a reason that you need to get inside, you can enter through the wheelchair entrance on deck 4 and use the phone for access into the vibe or stand at the main entrance and wait for a teen to wander up there and let you in.

So they obviously check your age for VIBE due to the card......do they check your age for teh college meet? I am 17 and going to college....and will be cruising and still 17. The others I am cruising with are 17 turning 18 on the cruise and the other two are already 18....so I would prefer to go to the college group hang out. If they bump kids up or down in all the other groups why should we be restricted? I do understand if you are 20 not being allowed to drink, and those sort of age issues but this issue seems so small.....

So they obviously check your age for VIBE due to the card......do they check your age for teh college meet? I am 17 and going to college....and will be cruising and still 17. The others I am cruising with are 17 turning 18 on the cruise and the other two are already 18....so I would prefer to go to the college group hang out. If they bump kids up or down in all the other groups why should we be restricted? I do understand if you are 20 not being allowed to drink, and those sort of age issues but this issue seems so small.....

Everyone needs to remember that the entry age for Vibe is 14 and they are still in Middle School. I would love to see a group hangout for the 17 to 20 year olds, I think that would be an excellent suggestion.

I think The Edge would be better suited for 11- 14.

I was on the dream over new years and as I was approaching the entrance to the vibe, there was a father standing lost at the entrance (he couldn't get in, because he didn't have the coding on the card) and I let him in.

I really hope that kids don't just let anyone into the club area like this. There is no way to know if someone is being truthful and there is a reason they don't want adults in that area due to previous issues.

The problem for you with this is that since you are 17, you won't be able to hang out with the college group if they go to adult only areas like the nightclubs, where they do check your KTTW card to make sure you are 18. You also cannot go to Palo or the quiet cove pool area, also adult only areas.

Since some of the events/areas that the 18-21 group frequents are in the adult only areas, you wouldn't be allowed to be there with them. I would think they have a pretty good idea of how many cruisers there are in that age group and the CM at the first meeting would be able to determine who belongs and who doesn't.

:cutie:

I really hope that kids don't just let anyone into the club area like this. There is no way to know if someone is being truthful and there is a reason they don't want adults in that area due to previous issues.

I understand that, but as soon as an adult enters the area, everyone in the room turns to look at them and there is ALWAYS a counselor at the entrance that confronts their needs. Also, you would hope that the teens in the vibe would know what is right and what is wrong concerning the adult(s) present.

I do not like this :sad2: Thank goodness I'll be 17 when I go this time. My BFF will have just turned 18 in May (two days after me) and she doesn't know anything about this.

Just want to say that as a mature parent, I feel your pain! We did a 4day last summer '11 with our then Mid16y/o.. she LOVED the club!! And knew when getting off that cruise, she would never be allowed in that situation again. In the meanwhile, DH and I have booked our 30th annv cruise in March of '13 ( the year DD graduates). It wasn't to be mean, it's DH's spring break at the college he teaches at... But we also had no intention of pulling out of school for a 7day cruise on the second half of her Senior year.

I do agree that it is a very difficult bridge to be "an adult" but to have no where you can hang with adults in the same crossover stage... Seems pretty obivious to me as a parent at this stage.. guess DCL didn't take this scenario into consideration.. would be nice if there were an "under21 adult" section to the night area!!

If you are 17 you will not be allowed in the adult areas. You can meet with them if they are not meeting in an adult area, but if they go to the nightclub you can't go with them. If they are 18 they will not be allowed in the teen club. Not sure what you can do with this group other than find your own things to do.

My niece was 17 (turning 18 in June) on our March cruise last year...they let her do the college stuff with no problem...it's much more laid back..they had a wonderful group (only about 8 or so) and the crew leader was awesome! They all still keep in touch with each other...I think you would prefer that group as well! :)

My niece was 17 (turning 18 in June) on our March cruise last year...they let her do the college stuff with no problem...it's much more laid back..they had a wonderful group (only about 8 or so) and the crew leader was awesome! They all still keep in touch with each other...I think you would prefer that group as well! :)

Thank you so much. This is a cruise we planned to all hang out together, and I will be with dbf so we would prefer that I just go into the college section too. I would prefer it! Thanks for the info!

They let her in the bars and adult pool because she was with the college group?

They let her in the bars and adult pool because she was with the college group?

The college group decides what to do each night, we were on the Wonder for the Mexican Riviera, I do remember them going into Diversions and other areas...they never went swimming bc they only met at night, or they would meet up for lunch. Not sure how it would work for adult bars on Fantasy or Dream...the drinking age is still 21? So, not sure if even 18 year olds would want to go there or if they could. The college group just hangs out, plays games, tour the ship....

The college group decides what to do each night, we were on the Wonder for the Mexican Riviera, I do remember them going into Diversions and other areas...they never went swimming bc they only met at night, or they would meet up for lunch. Not sure how it would work for adult bars on Fantasy or Dream...the drinking age is still 21? So, not sure if even 18 year olds would want to go there or if they could. The college group just hangs out, plays games, tour the ship....

18 year olds can go in the bars at night, just can't drink, but like you said, the college group usually just hangs out, plays games, and at least on my cruises we would walk around aimlessly around the ship at night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter