Age married?

How old were you when you first got married?

• teen under 18

• teen 18 or up

• 20-22

• 23-25

• 27-29

• 30-34

• 35-39

• 40-44

• 45-50

• over 50

• never married

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was 30 and DH was 43 (and yes it's a first marriage for both of us). We dated for almost 3 years.

DH was 22, & I was 21. We got married in April 1995 - DH had turned 22 in January, & I turned 22 in July. So, I was almost 22, & DH had really just turned 22.

We'd officially dated since 1992 & were engaged for 14 (!!!) months. We'd known each other & had been friends (w/ the occasional date) since 9th grade.

Older DD was born in January 2000, almost 5 years after we'd been married.

27, DW was 23. We were ready. We dated 1 year to the day. We celebrate our 19th anniversary in April. Kids were born in years 5 and 10.

We were in the 23-25 group. However, we are coming up on 43rd Anniversary. In our time we were considered a tad on the older side.

Our sons were married at 34 and 30 yrs of age when they married in 2005 and 2006.

Hmm - definitely on the old end of things. I was 33 and DH was 35 when we married. We met when I was 29 and he was 31. I had been engaged previously at 25 but that obviously didn't happen. He had never been engaged or married before.

Because we had "been around the block" we took our time to be sure before getting engaged and then had a fairly long engagement - almost two years. We had our first child when I was 35 and I was told I was an "elderly" primagravida. ELDERLY.

Married 15 years and together for 19. We had both completed our degrees and established ourselves when we met, and while we didn't "grow up" together we definitely have grown together over they years.

Don't think I'd change it, although I had always wanted more children. If we had met and started earlier I'd have liked to have a couple more. Then again, we wouldn't be who were are and were then and I'm a firm believer that people come into your life at different times that may be an equally a good match but it depends on the timing. Who knows if our timing would have been right any younger - I kinda think not. He was pretty wild back then. :rolleyes1

I was 27 (turned 28 3 weeks later) and DH was 35. We started dating when I was 25, almost 26 and he was 33. We dated for a year and a half before getting engaged and married 8 months later. We've been married 5 years.

I wish we were a little younger because DH is now 40 and we're trying for a second child and he feels like we have to rush because he's 40.

First time, 18 - married 11 years before we separated and divorced.

Second time, 32 - we will be married 30 years on January 22.

22. It was a good age for us. Like you said, we grew up together, and not apart.

I had just turned 24. My husband was 25 and about to turn 26. We dated a year before we got engaged and were married 6 months after we got engaged. We were friends before we started dating. I had never dated a friend before and quickly learned that that was absolutely the way for me. I had my bachelors degree. He had his Masters and was on his way to his PhD. We have been married 6 years now.

I was 21 and Dh was 25. I meet him when I was 15 and we dated off and on for three years. I'm so glad he came back into my life. We didn't talk for a few years. We have two sons and been married 17 years.

I was 22 and he was 31. We met in April, got engaged in August and went in front of a JP in January. We had our ninth anniversary last week.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

DH and I started dating in high school, just after he had turned 17 and I had turned 16. We got married a few months after I graduate college when I was 23 and he was 24. We had already bought a house when I was in my last semester of college so we had a place right away. Everyone (including me!) thought we would have kids immediately, but we waited a few years, which I am happy we did so we had those few years to "just" be husband and wife. When DS was born, I was 25 and DH 26. We have been married 6.5 years now.

I was 26 (which wasn't on the poll...lol) and DH was 37 :scared1: ...yep we have a bit of an age difference!

I was one year out of law school and practicing and DH was just finishing a second degree for his career change into healthcare.

We had been together for 3 years prior to being married and we've been married for 6 awesome years!

I got married the day I turned 18 DH was 30 It's been 37 years now so we must have done something right.

I was 24, ex-hubby was 24. We were divorced by 26.

I since have learned a bit about human development. I have discovered that the brain is not fully developed until the early to mid-twenties. The critical part that has not fully matured is JUDGEMENT!!!!

I was a "victim" of immaturity!

Looking back, I can see that I caused many people who loved me considerable grief and worry.

I married again at age 30, have been married to the most wonderful man for 14 years. I wish I hadn't gone through the fiasco of my first experience. But thank God I recognized the hopelessness of it in time to make a change and meet the man that has become my partner in this life.:goodvibes

I was 17 and my husband was 20. We were high school sweethearts and had dated a number of years. We had a "shotgun" wedding with our darling daughter arriving later the same year. Nobody thought our marriage would last. We will celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary this summer.

Several recent threads have me wondering what the typical age to get married in among the demographic that posts here. Please select the age from your first marriage if there is more than one, and I would love it if you posted a bit more about if you felt it was a good age for you or not and why.:goodvibes I got married at 23, which I did not think of as young, until several recent comments here and on facebook. It was certainly a lot older than my mom who was 19 or my grandmother and aunts who were 17 (and one aunt was 14!). For me, 23 was a good time. DH and I had dated about 4 years and known each other even longer, both of us had our degrees and we wanted to start a family young (which we did, DD was a honeymoon baby). We have grown and changed, but we "grew up together" and did not grow apart, so that worked in our favour.

DH and I met in high school and dated 7 years before we married.

DH was 23, I was 24.

We waited 8 years to have our first child, then 5 years later came our 2nd.

We will be married 24 years in June.

I was 28, dh 27. Going on 6 years of marriage but our dd is 7.5..,oops;). We have been together for almost 14 years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter