Age married?

How old were you when you first got married?

• teen under 18

• teen 18 or up

• 20-22

• 23-25

• 27-29

• 30-34

• 35-39

• 40-44

• 45-50

• over 50

• never married

Results are only viewable after voting.

NHdisneylover

DIS Veteran
Several recent threads have me wondering what the typical age to get married in among the demographic that posts here.

Please select the age from your first marriage if there is more than one, and I would love it if you posted a bit more about if you felt it was a good age for you or not and why.:goodvibes

I got married at 23, which I did not think of as young, until several recent comments here and on facebook. It was certainly a lot older than my mom who was 19 or my grandmother and aunts who were 17 (and one aunt was 14!).

For me, 23 was a good time. DH and I had dated about 4 years and known each other even longer, both of us had our degrees and we wanted to start a family young (which we did, DD was a honeymoon baby). We have grown and changed, but we "grew up together" and did not grow apart, so that worked in our favour.

I was 21 and DH was 23 when we were married. We were together for 2 years before getting married. Feb will mark 15 years married :)

I was 21, my husband was 25. We had been dating 2.5 years.
Looking back I think I was so young! That said, I wouldn't change a thing, it's been fantastic.
We did wait 7 years to have children which I think was important for us.
Married 21 years this past October.

Several recent threads have me wondering what the typical age to get married in among the demographic that posts here. Please select the age from your first marriage if there is more than one, and I would love it if you posted a bit more about if you felt it was a good age for you or not and why.:goodvibes I got married at 23, which I did not think of as young, until several recent comments here and on facebook. It was certainly a lot older than my mom who was 19 or my grandmother and aunts who were 17 (and one aunt was 14!). For me, 23 was a good time. DH and I had dated about 4 years and known each other even longer, both of us had our degrees and we wanted to start a family young (which we did, DD was a honeymoon baby). We have grown and changed, but we "grew up together" and did not grow apart, so that worked in our favour.

I was 23 when I got married the first time. I did it for all the wrong reasons and I actually knew I would end up divorced before I got married. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I will be 38 next Saturday and I am getting married again on Boxing Day. This feels completely different than the last time. I am deeply in love this time and I know we will last.

My mother was 28 when she married my father (32) in 1949.

I was 31 when I married. Heading for our 30th anniversary this year. Didn't meet DH until I was 30. I wish we could have had more time as a couple before kids but didn't want to wait longer to start a family. We dated for a year then were engaged 4 months before marrying.

DD will marry this year at age 28.

So we are a family who marries late.

Several recent threads have me wondering what the typical age to get married in among the demographic that posts here.

Please select the age from your first marriage if there is more than one, and I would love it if you posted a bit more about if you felt it was a good age for you or not and why.:goodvibes

I got married at 23, which I did not think of as young, until several recent comments here and on facebook. It was certainly a lot older than my mom who was 19 or my grandmother and aunts who were 17 (and one aunt was 14!).

For me, 23 was a good time. DH and I had dated about 4 years and known each other even longer, both of us had our degrees and we wanted to start a family young (which we did, DD was a honeymoon baby). We have grown and changed, but we "grew up together" and did not grow apart, so that worked in our favour.

I had just turned 22 and DH was 21. Yes, we were young, but like you, we have grown up together.

We have been together 18 years.

I was 24 with a college education and a bag full of "life experience." My husband was 25 and already in the military and his own bag of "life experience." We've been married 12 years now.

Several recent threads have me wondering what the typical age to get married in among the demographic that posts here. Please select the age from your first marriage if there is more than one, and I would love it if you posted a bit more about if you felt it was a good age for you or not and why.:goodvibes I got married at 23, which I did not think of as young, until several recent comments here and on facebook. It was certainly a lot older than my mom who was 19 or my grandmother and aunts who were 17 (and one aunt was 14!). For me, 23 was a good time. DH and I had dated about 4 years and known each other even longer, both of us had our degrees and we wanted to start a family young (which we did, DD was a honeymoon baby). We have grown and changed, but we "grew up together" and did not grow apart, so that worked in our favour.

DH and I were both 25, college educated with full time jobs. We were not the first of our friends (HS or college) to get married but I'd say we were in the first 1/4. And definitely in the first batch to have kids. Maybe 90-95% of our friends who married did so by 30.
I didn't think we were young at the time, but now that DS is 18, 25 doesn't seem very old!

I was barely 22 and DH was 30:rolleyes1. We "dated" for almost 7 years. We have been married just over 20 years and still doing ok.

I love that you all are thinking to say how long you have been together even though I didn't ask!
We will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary in March.

I was 23 when I got married the first time. I did it for all the wrong reasons and I actually knew I would end up divorced before I got married. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I will be 38 next Saturday and I am getting married again on Boxing Day. This feels completely different than the last time. I am deeply in love this time and I know we will last.
Congratulations on your engagement :goodvibes
I was barely 22 and DH was 30:rolleyes1. We "dated" for almost 7 years. We have been married just over 20 years and still doing ok.

I hope you do not mind my asking, did your parents know you were dating a guy in his 20s when you were 15? How did they feel about that, and looking back now how do you feel about it?

I was 20, dh 21.

Have been married 46 1/2 wonderful years with no regrets! :love2:

3 children

Have four married siblings - no divorces.

I was 30 and DH was 29. We knew each other for about 3 1/2 years by the time we were married. I told him I wanted to me married by the time I was 30 - he proposed 3 weeks after my 30th birthday so I made sure we were married before I turned 31 :)

DH and I were...

Dating at 14
Engaged at 19
Married at 20
Kids at 22 and 24

We are now 27, almost 28.

I was 31 and DH was 39. I am his second wife.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

25 & DH was 29. I had my Masters degree & he had an MBA but was in the middle of finishing up his MSN after realizing job opportunities were more scarce than he thought in "business"in the South ... We are married 10 years this year. Dated 7 years before we said "Ido" ... Seemed terrible at the time as I watched all my friends marry & settle down but in retrospect has made a world of difference that we finished school etc... We are still married, very happily at that, and most of our friends simply aren't anymore, at least not to the same people!

We were both 24 ( just short of our 25th birthdays) when we got married
31 1/2 years ago.

My MIL thought my wife was an old maid........... but she got married at 18 (for the first of 3 times) and my FIL was 22.... my mom thought were were a little young....my mom was 27 when she got married (for the 1 and only time) and my dad was 40.

I was 31 and DH was 39. I am his second wife. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Wanted to add that we dated for 4 years. Both have degrees and I have a masters. Both established in our careers and homeowners.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I think this pattern has changed with times, people used to get married young, not anymore.

Nice to see how many years of marriage goes with that marrying age.

I was 27 and my wife was 25 when we married in 2012. At that point, we had been together for a decade, and engaged for about three years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter