Age limit for kids menu??

tiggerlover

<font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br
Are there hard and fast age restrictions for the kids menu? My DS is 10, but he eats like a bird and never usually finishes even a kids meal so I wondered if he would still be able to order from the kids menu or will we be forced to order from the adult menu.

Thanks.

You can still order off the kids' menu; I do so at Beaches & Cream, since I don't eat meat & so don't want a regular adults' menu item.
Cheers!
Heather W

You do need to understand that if you are considering the Disney Dining Plan for your trip, at 10 he will be considered an adult. You will be charged the Adult rate, whether he eats off of the adult menu or the child's menu.

Thanks for the information! We won't be doing the Dining Plan so it looks like we will be okay.

One other thing, any of the buffet restaurants will charge him as an adult, regardless of what he eats.

On the other hand, if he is such a light eater, and you are not on the DDP, you can just share meals at any non-buffet restaurants. As well, you can order any CS meals a-la-carte (without fries, extras), if you want. The menu won't tell you that, but you can request it.

You can still order off the kids' menu; I do so at Beaches & Cream, since I don't eat meat & so don't want a regular adults' menu item.
Cheers!
Heather W

I agree with Heather. I know when I was working there we didnt care who ordered what. So get your son what he wants.

My DD (13) is a vegetarian (does eat cheese and eggs) and a picky eater. Most of the time she wants what is on the kids menu (mac & cheese, cheese pizza or PB&J). I've never had a problem. :hippie:

Generally, the closer to the dividing line, the less stringently the age limit is applied. Worst case, though, they'll simply charge a regular (higher) price for a regular sized portion of a child meal. They very rarely will refuse outright to let folks over the age limit order from the child menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter