Again here to say hello and to announce Free Dining 2016

Wanted POP, but got Sports instead. First trip for my DF :)
12/21 - 12/31 (His first actual vacation too!)

I wanted POP but only value showing up was Music. Have never stayed at any of the All Stars. Hope it will be just as great of a stay.

I wanted POP but only value showing up was Music. Have never stayed at any of the All Stars. Hope it will be just as great of a stay.

Have stayed at Sports, Movies, and Pop. Prefer either of the All Stars to Pop! You'll have a great stay.

We booked a bounce back at Port Orleans Riverside last year for this Fall, but I was hoping to change it to a new reservation so that my mother could come along. Sadly, when I learned about this earlier this morning, nothing was available in the moderates for 3 adults and 2 kids but the Cabins, and that would have been about $800 more. All Star Music had availability at just $400 more (which about equals the price of tickets for our 5th person,) but we would have dropped from free Disney Dining to Quick Service Dining, and we want to have several expensive table service meals. My daughter wants to eat at Cinderella's castle for the first time. Several deluxe resorts were available, but probably most of them at the concierge level, because they ranged from around $8,500-15,500 for a week.

Even for just 2 adults, 2 kids the only moderates available for our dates were the Cabins and Saratoga Springs, both more expensive packages than our bounce back offer. I guess I'll keep our current reservation at Port Orleans Riverside for 4 unless they release more rooms later. Last year I booked free dining for September about 3 months before our trip when more rooms at several resorts were added to the promotion. Hopefully this will happen again this year.

We booked a bounce back at Port Orleans Riverside last year for this Fall, but I was hoping to change it to a new reservation so that my mother could come along. Sadly, when I learned about this earlier this morning, nothing was available in the moderates for 3 adults and 2 kids but the Cabins, and that would have been about $800 more. All Star Music had availability at just $400 more (which about equals the price of tickets for our 5th person,) but we would have dropped from free Disney Dining to Quick Service Dining, and we want to have several expensive table service meals. My daughter wants to eat at Cinderella's castle for the first time. Several deluxe resorts were available, but probably most of them at the concierge level, because they ranged from around $8,500-15,500 for a week.

Even for just 2 adults, 2 kids the only moderates available for our dates were the Cabins and Saratoga Springs, both more expensive packages than our bounce back offer. I guess I'll keep our current reservation at Port Orleans Riverside for 4 unless they release more rooms later. Last year I booked free dining for September about 3 months before our trip when more rooms at several resorts were added to the promotion. Hopefully this will happen again this year.
Why don't you just upgrade your dining plan? It might very well still be less expensive than booking a moderate resort.

Even for just 2 adults, 2 kids the only moderates available for our dates were the Cabins and Saratoga Springs, both more expensive packages than our bounce back offer. I guess I'll keep our current reservation at Port Orleans Riverside for 4 unless they release more rooms later. Last year I booked free dining for September for3 months before our trip when more rooms at several resorts were added to the promotion. Hopefully this will happen again this year.

we were in a similar situation last year. My husband tagged along at the end with my mom and 2 kids.. we first were able to get at CSR a junior suite, but we wanted POR.. ( we needed 2 baths).. so in the end we booked two rooms ( 2 packages).

Do the math.. maybe your mom can get a room herself with a RO discount. ( for one person it might be mathwise cheaper) ..Also this was good for us as my mom is not into water parks and wanted less park days than us.. Since she had her own reservation, she could book what tickets she wanted.. I could manage her FP with ours as you can link ressies.

Not sure if this is still too much for your mom. 5 in one room is the cheapest,, for us my mom wanted her own private bath ( or didnt want to share with my husband LOL)

No AoA avail either?

Why don't you just upgrade your dining plan? It might very well still be less expensive than booking a moderate resort.

That's a good idea that I had not considered, but the only value that same week for free fall dining for 5 people with availability under the promo is All Star Music. It would be about $150 more than the package for 4 at Port Orleans. Upgrading for 4 Disney adults (one 11 year old) and 1 child would be $82 a night or $574 for the week, so the trip would be about $724 more to make the change to include a 5th person and switch resorts. I'll suggest it to my husband, but I don't think he'll want to try cramming 3 adults and 2 kids (1 nearly adult sized) in a value room and sleeping with his feet hanging off a double bed. The only other options are the Cabins ($760 more) or a Deluxe (thousands more.)

we were in a similar situation last year. My husband tagged along at the end with my mom and 2 kids.. we first were able to get at CSR a junior suite, but we wanted POR.. ( we needed 2 baths).. so in the end we booked two rooms ( 2 packages).

Do the math.. maybe your mom can get a room herself with a RO discount. ( for one person it might be mathwise cheaper) ..Also this was good for us as my mom is not into water parks and wanted less park days than us.. Since she had her own reservation, she could book what tickets she wanted.. I could manage her FP with ours as you can link ressies.

Not sure if this is still too much for your mom. 5 in one room is the cheapest,, for us my mom wanted her own private bath ( or didnt want to share with my husband LOL)

Another problem is that my mother won't be able to spend much, and we could help a little, but not too much. A 2nd room for a week and tickets and food would be too much money. We drive there, and she could not make a shorter trip without driving there herself, which she would not want to do.

Two years ago on our first trip with the children we splurged (for us) and managed to book the Grand Floridian at $400 a night with free dining for 4 nights. We added her for $10 per night plus tickets, and she got free dining, too. She only paid about $400 that year to tag along, and she doesn't want to spend more than that this year. They even bumped us to a theme park/fireworks view, and it was so nice! Last year we went without her due to her health and had a POR Royal Room for 5 nights. While there we booked a bounceback for this Fall without her because we didn't think her health and schedule would allow her to go this year, but then she asked to come along, if it would not be expensive. I think she's a little unsure if she wants to go to Disney for a whole week, and we could probably manage again without her. Unless more rooms open up, I think we'll just plan on inviting her with us on vacation the next year.

Edited to add--I just checked our upcoming vacation information, and it's actually less expensive than I remembered. After switching the week a few months ago, it's about $3700 for 4 people. The only moderates available this morning with free dining at 10 am were Saratoga Springs and the Cabins, both around $4800 for 4 people for that week. And for 5 people the least expensive options were the Cabins for $5266 and Music at $4642 plus $574 to upgrade dining = $5216. I think if we had not booked a bounceback we would be planning a shorter trip or going to Universal and the beach instead.

Last edited:
That's a good idea that I had not considered, but the only value that same week for free fall dining for 5 people with availability under the promo is All Star Music. It would be about $150 more than the package for 4 at Port Orleans. Upgrading for 4 Disney adults (one 11 year old) and 1 child would be $82 a night or $574 for the week, so the trip would be about $724 more to make the change to include a 5th person and switch resorts. I'll suggest it to my husband, but I don't think he'll want to try cramming 3 adults and 2 kids (1 nearly adult sized) in a value room and sleeping with his feet hanging off a double bed. The only other options are the Cabins ($760 more) or a Deluxe (thousands more.)

Another problem is that my mother won't be able to spend much, and we could help a little, but not too much. A 2nd room for a week and tickets and food would be too much money. We drive there, and she could not make a shorter trip without driving there herself, which she would not want to do.

Two years ago on our first trip with the children we splurged (for us) and managed to book the Grand Floridian at $400 a night with free dining for 4 nights. We added her for $10 per night plus tickets, and she got free dining, too. She only paid about $400 that year to tag along, and she doesn't want to spend more than that this year. They even bumped us to a theme park/fireworks view, and it was so nice! Last year we went without her due to her health and had a POR Royal Room for 5 nights. While there we booked a bounceback for this Fall without her because we didn't think her health and schedule would allow her to go this year, but then she asked to come along, if it would not be expensive. I think she's a little unsure if she wants to go to Disney for a whole week, and we could probably manage again without her. Unless more rooms open up, I think we'll just plan on inviting her with us on vacation the next year.

Edited to add--I just checked our upcoming vacation information, and it's actually less expensive than I remembered. After switching the week a few months ago, it's about $3700 for 4 people. The only moderates available this morning with free dining at 10 am were Saratoga Springs and the Cabins, both around $4800 for 4 people for that week. And for 5 people the least expensive options were the Cabins for $5266 and Music at $4642 plus $574 to upgrade dining = $5216. I think if we had not booked a bounceback we would be planning a shorter trip or going to Universal and the beach instead.
Things open up too later. Seeing that CBR now has a trundle for 5, I would say your chances look ok. Keep looking. Yesterday was crazy anyways. Think people are cancelling today alot of double bookings. Many grabbed and held

Many thanks to you, Danny!

Had it not been for this thread, I don't think I would have been able to obtain a Thanksgiving week FD ressie (I was shocked at how quickly the value and mod options disappeared)

mickeys friend said:
Besides POFQ and Riverside, what other resorts or rooms not included in the Free Dinning? Also can you still pay the difference for regular dinning if you are at a Value resort instead of QS? Is the 25th for general public? Sorry for so many questions. Thank you very much for all the info you gave us already

Riverside was included- that is what I got 9-1-16 to 9-11-16

Me too - because of this blog I knew what I wanted to go for ahead of time ( I originally had October dates thinking that would be fine ) set my alarm for every hour - would roll over check the page if nothing go back to sleep at 4:30 am I see 13 offers on the promo page - I immediately book and have a confirmation from Disney at 5:17 am -all done and still get to work on time -because of that promo I am allowing my daughter to invite a friend who I know could really use a break right now and has never been - so thank you not only did my little family of 3 benefit from all of you -- another little girls dreams are about to come true!

Is it a family suite? It would be a queen bed plus you would have 2 bathrooms.

Thanks Danny, was able to get what I wanted online at 4:12am yesterday!

Did you try calling to see if you can add her to your current reservation? You are already at POR, which can accommodate 5 in some rooms, so you might be able to modify your current reservation. The regular phone CMs probably can't do this, so ask for guest services if you need to. Might have better luck with that than waiting for something else to open up.

Hmm originally got excited because we are thinking of going to US (from Australia) in Jan and I thought if they had offered FD in Dec they might also offer in Jan. But i just priced 5 nights Pop in Dec for 2 ppl. With 'FD' $1917. Base tickets and room no FD something like $1550 or thereabouts. As park hopping (IMHO) isn't much use with winter hours I can't understand all the excitement.

Now when we came last time it was FD with base tickets. now that was a deal.

Had same problem couldn't get past last stage tried for two days online chat not much help tried multiple devices tried to call but wait time was 90 min plus
Then contents of cart were no longer available then Friday did another check and FD was available for our dates at Pop but still couldn't get booking done online chat said wait time was 8 min so bit the bullet and rang wait was 2 min and got all done over the phone.
So international format is 61 plus area code and home phone? As I want to book Halloween party when the come available and really don't want to gave to ring again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter