after renting an ECV..where to park before a ride?

michael85

Mouseketeer
my wife would like to rent an ECV at magic kingdom and epcot...she uses it to get around the park, but can walk to the rides and back again...where can she park the ECV? outside each ride? is there a designated spot to park? will it get stolen?

thank you

I've looked around and seen signs for ECV parking and parked there, no signs so just parked where I saw some others (I've never been to an attraction without ECVs parked nearby). Usually that's at stroller parking. As far as theft, never heard of someone's ECV being stolen. But then, until the other day, I'd never heard of a stroller their either. First time for everything! But just take your key with you, and you should be OK.

Just to let you know you can scooter up to most rides and park it just before getting on the ride.

As long as you park out of the way you are good to go if you want to walk the ride line. You can't block a door anywhere and you can't be in the way for the parade route.

Reactions: kab
wait, so youve seen signs for ECV parking or no? i was a little confused lol. i mean she just needs the ECV to get around, not to be on her feet all day

wait, so youve seen signs for ECV parking or no? i was a little confused lol. i mean she just needs the ECV to get around, not to be on her feet all day

It seems that I've seen a couple signs at rides. to long ago, I was a "first-timer", first time on an ECV, and I found other ECV drivers to be VERY nice and helpful when I just drove up to them and asked where to park for this attraction (or restaurant or rest room or whatever).

yes there are a few ECV ( wheel chair) parking only signs around the one I know off the top of my head is by the people mover it is under cover.

Generally, you would park in stroller parking, per the cast member I spoke with.

The first time I used a ECV, I just parked outside the ride and when I came back my scooter was gone. A CM had come along and "cleaned up" the area and moved it to stroller parking.

ok, what if we go on a ride, and its "gone". and we cant find it or find a CM that knows about it. what do we do then? do we get charged?

First of all, if it's gone, just look around the area a little bit. It's probably been moved out of the way. Second, from whom are you renting? If Disney, just go back to the rental area with your receipt and you'll be issued another ECV (assuming they're not out of stock). If you're renting from an outside company you'd need to call them. Personally, I think there are lots of things to worry about when planning a trip but this is definitely not one of them. I just got back from 11 days at WDW and Universal, using an ECV from Walker Mobility. I never even gave a second thought to having it stolen. Just park, take the key, and go enjoy the rides.

ok, what if we go on a ride, and its "gone". and we cant find it or find a CM that knows about it. what do we do then? do we get charged?

That happened to me once, and I just found the nearest Disney "suit" (I think there were some tears involved). He had me just sit down while he looked for it-good thing, too, as it had been moved quite a ways and even he had to check several places before he found it.

That happened to me once, and I just found the nearest Disney "suit" (I think there were some tears involved). He had me just sit down while he looked for it-good thing, too, as it had been moved quite a ways and even he had to check several places before he found it.
the people in a suit ( managers) are really good people to help you look for your ECV, but really and CM can do this too, as long as they do not have something else they have to do ( and this dose for suites/ managers too)

We like to rent ECV's from an off-site vendor. They're cheaper, and not as awkward/klunky to drive as Disney's. We stay on site and drive the ECV's back to the hotel. There's often a lot of walking from the monorail to our room, so the ECV is nice to have.

one thing to remember there is a switch that allows the ECV to be pushed without the key. how do you think ECVs get from loading to unload areas? I would look for closest stroller parking area as that is most likely where it will be. if worried about it being moved and cant find I would just have her ride through line instead of walking or park on stroller parking to begin with

Take a colorful scarf to tie to the basket. It makes it easier to "find" if it is moved. ECVs don't generally get stolen but just moved. Don't stress over parking it. Generally it is with the strollers except in tomorrowland. They have handicapped spots under people mover and by stitch.

I've used ECVs a few times now, the first time I rented it for 2 days in the parks, and the last 2 times I rented them for the week from ScooterBug. I can't imagine how anyone would steal one unless you left your key in it. The cast members will move them. That's almost a definite, sometimes they rearrange to fit more, and sometimes they have a designated area that they move it to by the exit.

Here's my experience with rides and lines...

Magic Kingdom
Tomorrowland - you have to park the ECV by the exit ramp of People Mover for all the rides. (I can't say for sure about Space Mountain because I have a hard time getting off the ride so don't go on it anymore)
Peter Pan's Flight & Winnie the Pooh - you have to park it with the strollers, but its hard to find a spot
It's a Small World - go in through the exit, and the attendant will show you where to park, and you will mostly skip the line :)
Pirates - you have to park the ECV by the side of the gift shop
Barnstormer - ECVs can go through line
Haunted Mansion - ECVs can go through line
Little Mermaid - ECVs can go through line
Jungle Cruise - have to park ECV somewhere, I think I just found a place near a fence

Epcot
There is pretty much no real ECV parking areas in Epcot.
The Land
People park ECVs in the Land by the railing when you first go in. But you can take them downstairs in the elevator.
Soarin - ECVs can go through line
Living with the Land - ECVs can go through line​
Nemo & the Seas - ECVs can go through line, but it is the hardest lines to get through with all the turns. When you get on the ride they will move the ECV to the area with the fish, and you can leave it there while you walk around the seas, or hop back on it.
Figment - ECVs can go through line
Ellen's Energy Adventure - have to leave the ECV parked outside somewhere
Spaceship Earth - have to leave the ECV parked outside somewhere
Frozen Ever After - ECVs can go through line
Grant Fiesta - have to leave the ECV parked somewhere, perhaps outside the Mexico building, I forget where I parked for that
The American Adventure - you and everyone else with and ECV or wheelchair will be loaded up a few at a time into an elevator to go up to the 2nd floor. If you can find a place to park and walk, I think I'd recommend doing that.
Canada and China's 360 degree movies - you can stay on the ECV the whole time

Hollywood Studios
Tower of Terror - ECV's have to be parked somewhere, and I don't know where.
Great Movie Ride - ECVs can go through line
Star Tours - ECVs have to be parked somewhere, I think by the wall across from the entrance
Toy Storia Mania - ECVs can go through line, though I think there are some tight turns
Any of the shows - ECVs can go through the line.

Animal Kingdom
Kilimanjaro Safari - ECVs can go through the line
Any of the shows - ECVs can go through the line
Wildlife Express Train - ECVs can go on the train
Maharajah Jungle Trek & Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail - ECVs can go through the trails

I base my Magic Kindgom Fast Pass selections on whether or not the ECV can go through the line or have to be parked before getting in line. Pretty much always Pirates, Pooh and Peter Pan. I think most of the lines that the ECVs aren't allowed in will let you transfer to a wheelchair for the line, but I travel solo so have no one to push me, and don't know how to use one myself.

Here's some pics from my last trip, perfecting the Disney ECV adventure...
That's a phone mount for bikes on the handlebars. I used pipecleaners (they have some new crafty name for them now) to hold up my water bottles and battery pack for my phone.
20161212_092938.jpg

I used hooks that go on the back of car headrests for my backpack, and a two-piece combo lock. I mostly left it unlocked so I could easily take the backpack off. But I used it as a theft deterrent since I can't see the back of the ECV while riding it, and someone could easily grab the backpack off the hooks without it. Also as support for the bag since the hook came off a few times.
This particular ECV is the only I know of that has a headrest like this, and I purposely order it so I have a place for my bag. On the previous trip I just wrapped the backpack handles around the headrest bars.
20161212_230359.jpg

Attachments

• 20161212_092905.jpg
    20161212_092905.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter