After-Hours Swimming?

Shaun C.

Earning My Ears
It's been awhile since my last trip, and I know things tend to change with time (especially 15+ years' worth!) What are the rules on swimming in your resort's pool "after hours"? I mean, the actual rules-as-enforced, rather than rules-as-written? I recall the last time I was there, there wasn't any particular concern or means to stop someone from taking a late-night dip in the pool (usually me, because I have a hard time sleeping on vacation; I just get too excited for the next day!)

But as I said, it's been some time, and I don't know if there are new measures or enforced rules, so I wanted to get an idea before I start imagining 2 a.m. swims with the pool to myself.

Thanks, folks!

Where are you staying? Many pools on property now have fences and gates which will be locked.

AND ...

:welcome:

Oops! I guess that is important info! I'll be at the Coronado Springs!

I guess next question is your date since the main pool and the area around it will be closing for several months starting in Sept, just as FYI but main pools are usually locked when closed.

Hopefully someone will step up and answer about the quiet pools. I have not stayed there since the fences went up.

Tentatively, 9/26/19 - 10/4/19. A nice fall vacation! Of course, depending on when Galaxy's Edge opens, that may change. :D

Tentatively, 9/26/19 - 10/4/19. A nice fall vacation! Of course, depending on when Galaxy's Edge opens, that may change. :D

In searching photos it appears CSR pools have been fenced in so likely will be locked at closing. Hopefully someone can confirm.

Last edited:
Main pool and everything around it ... hot tub, volleyball court, playground, Iguana Arcade, and Siestas Cantina will be closed while you are there. Only the quiet pools will be open. In searching photos it appears they have been fenced in so likely will be locked at closing. Hopefully someone can confirm.

I thought the pool construction was happening this fall (2018), it looks like the OP is going in 2019.

Are quiet pools at any of the resorts locked up after hours? I know they've been putting up gates but didn't realize they were locked. Just curious as I prefer the quiet pools in general but haven't tried them late at night.

Are quiet pools at any of the resorts locked up after hours? I know they've been putting up gates but didn't realize they were locked. Just curious as I prefer the quiet pools in general but haven't tried them late at night.
Yes they have been installing fencing and gates around all pools. There have been a couple of deaths / injured guests that lead to this new step. In the past you could just swim in the quite pools at your own risk as long as you kept the noise down. Gates and locks are there but not always activated.

Dave

Hmm. Well, that's a bummer, but an understandable move on their part. If nothing else, I'll ask at check-in and see if anything's changed. Thanks, folks! Much appreciated!

When I was at YC in October there were plenty of people in the quiet pools late at night. In my experience as long as you're actually being quiet they don't care.

The CSR quiet pool was not locked after hours in April. DH and I sat there while doing laundry. Several CMs walked by and never said a word. I’d say as long as you are quiet, it’s ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter