After 42 1/2 yrs.....

Dyna, I am so very sorry. I can't imagine. :hug:

I know "How are you?" is an awkward question with such a loss. Just trying to relay this :grouphug: to you - that we are here to listen Dyna.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone Dis hasn't liked me the past few weeks an wasn't allowing me to post NO idea what was up with that.

Over all I been doing great yet I won't deny that it's still be a struggle at times.... way to much time on my hands just not always finding enough positive stuff to fill the day. I've recently picked up an old hobby that is for now filling my time.

FINALLY today got my health insurance issues settled that was a HUGE relief.

Might have actually slept tonight had the leg cramps not woke me soon as I drifted off not once not twice but three times.

I learned many years ago there is 24 hours in a day no matter how ya turn it some of us don't always keep daytime hours.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in the middle of my grieving I quit smoking a couple months ago as if I didn't have enough going on.

Cooking for 1 is a bit of a challenge I've learned I better really like what I cook cause I'm gonna get 4 to 6 meals off it. I do freeze a lot of stuff for latter. I sometimes share with neighbors. SOmethings it's easy to make a little bit other things just don't work unless ya make a huge pot. I should have enough chili to last all winter off the 1 pot I made last week. lol

SOMEBODY remind me to check mileage on my van an go get an oil change in the next few days another of those things DH always did.....

Thanks everyone Dis hasn't liked me the past few weeks an wasn't allowing me to post NO idea what was up with that.

Over all I been doing great yet I won't deny that it's still be a struggle at times.... way to much time on my hands just not always finding enough positive stuff to fill the day. I've recently picked up an old hobby that is for now filling my time.

FINALLY today got my health insurance issues settled that was a HUGE relief.

Might have actually slept tonight had the leg cramps not woke me soon as I drifted off not once not twice but three times.

I learned many years ago there is 24 hours in a day no matter how ya turn it some of us don't always keep daytime hours.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in the middle of my grieving I quit smoking a couple months ago as if I didn't have enough going on.

Cooking for 1 is a bit of a challenge I've learned I better really like what I cook cause I'm gonna get 4 to 6 meals off it. I do freeze a lot of stuff for latter. I sometimes share with neighbors. SOmethings it's easy to make a little bit other things just don't work unless ya make a huge pot. I should have enough chili to last all winter off the 1 pot I made last week. lol

SOMEBODY remind me to check mileage on my van an go get an oil change in the next few days another of those things DH always did.....
So lonely at times. To many hours in a day to fill.
Progress for sure, Dyna. A few steps forward, maybe one back every so often. But progress for sure. Good to hear from you, Dyna. :hug:'s

Hi there, did you get your oil changed ?

i apologize, I used to be so much better about checking in. I am horrible Lately. I have an arm Injury, so my typing isn’t easy, nor is it pretty lol.

Good for you quitting smoking ! I used to say I would, but I don’t see it happening.
what else have you been up to

This Corn teen is bringing on a whole new level of lonely. My phone has not rang in a week. I went out Fri for a little bit picked up my meds other than that I'm keepin myself at home.
All I want to do is eat which I don't need to do. I'm not a TV person if I do sit in front of TV then I really want to eat.
I've read till I'm cross eyed.
The positive is the longer I stay home the more money I save as I am not an online shopper. I'm not doing without paper products...DH left me well supplied with those. I got plenty of food for another week or 2 it might not be exactly what I want to eat but it's food an will keep me alive. Diet Coke which is a biggie for me a 2 week supply....there is always tap water if I get desperate.

Good to hear from you, Dyna. We sure are in this all together, the whole world. Sounds like you have things are control for the time being. Like you said, we don't need to be eating more during this temporary time of less activity. We will do this together, be better for it after it is behind us. And it will be behind us all in time. Hang in there, great to 'see' you.

Hi Dyna, it is a very strange time and the days can seem long. Self isolation is the right thing to do and this forum is always here for a chat.

YES self isolation is the way to go right now I fully agree. Yet I live alone my phone has not rang in a week so it's getting very lonely here.
Yes I have reached out called a few ppl but I not going to keep calling the dozen or so ppl I know over an over without them calling me.
I took a short walk down my street while ago I seem to be the only 1 heeding this stay at home self isolate thing every one else is out an about, maybe they need more TP I don't know.

I just remembered something I had a great aunt who I did know in her later yrs. She had always been a farm girl not used to going much but when my uncle had a stroke in the 1940's this lady stayed home FOR 25 yrs never ever left the farm in 25 yrs. She kept the farm going she was out an about on the farm doing what needed to be done. She share cropped her land let other farmers farm on her land for part of the profit etc.
With gardening an butchering her own chickens an other meat a milk cow or 2 she had NO need to grocery shop the few things she did need neighbors or family could deliver. I remember going to her house often getting fresh milk an cream sometimes eggs in exchange for what ever she needed at the moment.
WELL if this lady could do it for 25 yrs hell I can do it for a few weeks or months whatever it takes.

Hi there. Thanks for stopping by!
For sure you can, we all can, and will do it.

It isn’t easy, but we will look back. I hope your calls get returned. I don’t really speak to many people, I don’t care to, so I am ok with it lol, but I understand those who are not like me.

Take care

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!