Advice on hotel needing 3 beds

Thanks for all the great advice. Yes at 20 they are close to 6 feet tall. Many years ago we stayed at FW with the bunk beds however they have out grown them. We do like to stay on property and haven't stayed at AK yet so I'll check the Villas there.

The AKV villas are great! I would be concerned about the length of the sleeper chair in a 1br for a tall adult.

Have you considered staying offsite? You could stay very close to WDW in a 2 or 3 bedroom timeshare or condo at a fraction of the price. Uber woukd very convenient if your kids wanted a different schedule.

The AKV villas are great! I would be concerned about the length of the sleeper chair in a 1br for a tall adult.

Have you considered staying offsite? You could stay very close to WDW in a 2 or 3 bedroom timeshare or condo at a fraction of the price. Uber woukd very convenient if your kids wanted a different schedule.
The sleeper chair is plenty big for a full grown adult. My 6'3" son sleeps in ours from time to time.

The deluxe room we stayed in at Boardwalk Inn had 2 queen size beds & a couch that made into double or queen. It was very roomy, more like a suite.

Just to check, is anyone in your immediate family connected to the military? Shades of Green isn't technically a Disney resort, but they have two queen beds plus a pull-out soda per room. You just need to have someone in your party be military in order to stay.

There are deluxe rooms at the Boardwalk Inn that are Club Level. They have two queen beds and a queen sized sofabed. The rooms are HUGE and the club level will be good for food and drinks throughout the day. They cost less than the one bedroom DVC villas, last I checked.

In the past my family of 4 stayed at the various WDW resorts in one standard room. However after many years away from WDW, my twin sons are now 20 years old and I need advice where to stay. I would like a room with one queen and 2 twin beds and prefer AK or the YC/BC area. I could do adjoining rooms however hoping to find a large room without the expense of a huge suite.

Thanks.

All beach club rooms (and boardwalk I think), among others, have two queens and the back of the couch folds down into a twin. It is really comfortable. My husband slept on it one night last summer when one of the kids fell asleep with me. I wouldn't splurge on a second room for 4 people. Plus - BC is so close to Epcot, HA, and the boardwalk, there is always something to do and somewhere to go.

Sorry I cannot help with suggestions, especially not knowing the heights of the boys. Why I'm posting is simply to say that I remember as a child the queen/double + two twin configurations were very common for family rooms. I'm not sure when this changed to two queens/doubles but my family would be similarly stuck these days with siblings that would not have shared the second queen.

Where did you see this? In the US? I am 54 years old and have never seen this. 2 full beds or 2 queen beds has always been the norm. If the 2 twin beds were not bunked a room with 1 larger bed and 2 twin beds would have to be huge, 2 twin beds together take up as much space as a kind sized bed.

The sleeper chair is plenty big for a full grown adult. My 6'3" son sleeps in ours from time to time.
That's good to know! My DD will often sleep in the sleeper chair or the murphy bed at DVC resorts but she's just 5"4.

I slept in the links at WL a couple years ago. They were tricky, I had the top bunk. It was not easy getting up there, the stairs are slippery and straight up and down. The size seems do, and was comfortable once up there. (but I was in my mid-50s so there is THAT! lol)

Art of A suites are great, because of the room size, 2 rooms and 2 full bathrooms. The fold down Murphy bed is really comfortable, as is the other bed in the BR. I never tried the pull out couch.

As other say you have the option of deluxe rooms, several resorts besides BWI, WL, BC, YC, and GF. More expensive, most expensive GF does have a king bed with two twin beds. Cheaper options, AoA, but not the best theming for 20 year olds, but would give a bedroom withqueen and a bath, then a pull out full and a pull down full and a second bathroom. Also FW has a pull out queen sofa, a queen bed and a set of bunk beds, probably better theming for 20 year olds. If you do two rooms you could do POR or POFQ. You could look at a villa, I actually found thru Disney at AP rate, a 2 bedroom at SS for $497, cheaper than a standard at a deluxe.

Did someone say your were military, I would do shades of green any day. Rooms are the biggest on site. They do have some suites that are around $250 a night that sleep 6 and 8, but the regular room sleeps 5, for about $150 depending or rank. It is next to the poly, you get a golf cart ride down to end of road and walk to the monorail in less than 3 minutes. To me one of the best hotels in Disney. The regular room has two queens and a day bed sofa, very comfy.

Last edited:
All beach club rooms (and boardwalk I think), among others, have two queens and the back of the couch folds down into a twin. It is really comfortable. My husband slept on it one night last summer when one of the kids fell asleep with me. I wouldn't splurge on a second room for 4 people. Plus - BC is so close to Epcot, HA, and the boardwalk, there is always something to do and somewhere to go.

Is this something new (that all BC rooms have the daybed)? My belief was that not all Epcot resort rooms have the extra bed (it's only a request) which is why our family sadly has outgrown the BC. We had many, many great years of staying there (Epcot resorts are awesome location), but the daybed is simply a must for us now that our kids are a bit older.

If it's the Epcot resort area you really want (which I don't blame you, especially with the ages of your kids and Espn Club being right there too!), then maybe price out a deluxe room which I believe would be club level which would be a GREAT perk for your family make-up (extra space in the lounge to spread out).

Also, I know nothing about Swan and Dolphin except that they are located right in the Epcot resort loop. Maybe those rooms have a daybed to give you 3 beds?

If none of that works out, I'll bet your sons would like CR or Poly, and you'd be guaranteed a daybed in those rooms. If you had two 20-year old GIRLS, then I'd think twice about all sharing one bathroom (lol), but with boys and the larger size of these monorail deluxes, I'm pretty sure you'd be just fine.

Is this something new (that all BC rooms have the daybed)? My belief was that not all Epcot resort rooms have the extra bed (it's only a request) which is why our family sadly has outgrown the BC. We had many, many great years of staying there (Epcot resorts are awesome location), but the daybed is simply a must for us now that our kids are a bit older.

If it's the Epcot resort area you really want (which I don't blame you, especially with the ages of your kids and Espn Club being right there too!), then maybe price out a deluxe room which I believe would be club level which would be a GREAT perk for your family make-up (extra space in the lounge to spread out).

Also, I know nothing about Swan and Dolphin except that they are located right in the Epcot resort loop. Maybe those rooms have a daybed to give you 3 beds?

If none of that works out, I'll bet your sons would like CR or Poly, and you'd be guaranteed a daybed in those rooms. If you had two 20-year old GIRLS, then I'd think twice about all sharing one bathroom (lol), but with boys and the larger size of these monorail deluxes, I'm pretty sure you'd be just fine.

When they renovated the rooms at BC every room got a daybed, from what I read.

When they renovated the rooms at BC every room got a daybed, from what I read.

We were in a room with no daybed in January. The renovation did not include a daybed for each room. The room configurations at BC are not standard and there are many rooms where the size precludes a daybed. We always request a daybed and our luck is running about 50/50.

Reactions: TJA
We were in a room with no daybed in January. The renovation did not include a daybed for each room. The room configurations at BC are not standard and there are many rooms where the size precludes a daybed. We always request a daybed and our luck is running about 50/50.

We always have five people booked on the reservation. I've never requested the daubed, but always have had it. If you are worried you can make it your primary request. I believe most of the rooms accommodate 5.

We always have five people booked on the reservation. I've never requested the daubed, but always have had it. If you are worried you can make it your primary request. I believe most of the rooms accommodate 5.

It is always our only request or king plus daybed. We usually have 3 in our room and the priority for the daybeds are parties of 5. The club level CM's have told me the daybeds are available in about 50% of the rooms. For CL you can no longer book the water view with a party of 5 because they have so few of the daybed rooms in that category.

You would not need to request a daybed as they automatically give those rooms to parties of 5 before they allow anyone with 4 or less to be considered.

Reactions: TJA
The renovation did not include a daybed for each room. The room configurations at BC are not standard and there are many rooms where the size precludes a daybed.

Yes, this is exactly my understanding as well. We are only a family of 4, so sadly a daybed has always been 50/50 chance for us, even after renovation.

Where did you see this? In the US? I am 54 years old and have never seen this. 2 full beds or 2 queen beds has always been the norm. If the 2 twin beds were not bunked a room with 1 larger bed and 2 twin beds would have to be huge, 2 twin beds together take up as much space as a kind sized bed.
Probably because I'm Australian. Maybe it is that we've become more American with many international hotel chains here these days so they're probably bringing the North American standard here.

The same is true at BWI - not every room has a day bed, and the preference for the King + daubed goes to parties of 3, and two queens + day bed for parties of 5. Those configurations are requests, and not bookable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter