Advice on hotel needing 3 beds

michael e

Earning My Ears
In the past my family of 4 stayed at the various WDW resorts in one standard room. However after many years away from WDW, my twin sons are now 20 years old and I need advice where to stay. I would like a room with one queen and 2 twin beds and prefer AK or the YC/BC area. I could do adjoining rooms however hoping to find a large room without the expense of a huge suite.

Thanks.

I would look at 2 rooms, connecting or adjoining rooms are not guaranteed, and technically you really do not need to be connecting or adjoining since it's all adults.

Renting a house from Airbnb, VRBO, HomeAway, etc might be a great option. We have rented a 3br home with its own private pool in Davenport for less than $150 per night.

I would like a room with one queen and 2 twin beds and prefer AK or the YC/BC area.

Disney do not offer any rooms with this configuration. The closest you'll find are the bunk bed rooms at AK or Wilderness Lodge, and they sleep short. So it would depend on the length of your boys.

Otherwise, options to get three sleep surfaces (guaranteed) include:
Contemporary Garden Wing (2 queens + twin sleeper sofa)
Poly Standard (2 queens + twin sleeper sofa)
GF Standard (2 queens + twin sleeper sofa)
Studio Villa at BCV, VGF, Poly, BWV, Boulder Ridge Villas.
1 Bedroom Villa at Bay Lake Tower, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Villas at Grand Floridian
Art of Animation Family Suite
All-Star Music Family Suite

I believe that Boardwalk, Yacht Club and Beach Club all have some Standards with two queens and a sofa sleeper, but they're not guaranteed, and not all the Standards have them.

That's a good list of options up above by auroraborealis. We are also a family of 4 but need 3 beds so kids can spread out. Sadly, BC is not easily bookable for us anymore because the daybed is only a request. However, the rooms at Poly, GF, and CR are great and also larger than the Epcot resort rooms. We would happily stay at any of those 3 resorts.

We did not care for the bunk beds at WL. Even at 5' tall, I still felt the bottom bed was small/short.

We did stay in a deluxe room at BWI last July and that was a very large (long) room with 2 queens and a daybed, 2 very large TV's too. Our room was Club Level, though. Not sure if there are deluxe rooms in the Epcot resorts that are non-Club Level.

Sorry I cannot help with suggestions, especially not knowing the heights of the boys. Why I'm posting is simply to say that I remember as a child the queen/double + two twin configurations were very common for family rooms. I'm not sure when this changed to two queens/doubles but my family would be similarly stuck these days with siblings that would not have shared the second queen.

Agree with pp's WL and AKL have bunk beds but that probably won't work for adults. I would look at the AOA suites as they have the 3 beds, two bathrooms and mini kitchen area.

Keep in mind when pricing traditional rooms that you will be charged for two extra adults (my two "kids" are also over 18!) so that's $10 per extra adult at the Value resorts, $15 at the Moderates and $25 at the Deluxe resorts. The Suites and DVC resorts do not charge for the extra adults so we often book a Studio Vila or AOA.

Agree with pp's WL and AKL have bunk beds but that probably won't work for adults. I would look at the AOA suites as they have the 3 beds, two bathrooms and mini kitchen area.

Keep in mind when pricing traditional rooms that you will be charged for two extra adults (my two "kids" are also over 18!) so that's $10 per extra adult at the Value resorts, $15 at the Moderates and $25 at the Deluxe resorts. The Suites and DVC resorts do not charge for the extra adults so we often book a Studio Vila or AOA.

Def something to consider when looking at rates. That is an extra $30 to $50 per night for OP.

I think AoA would be great option, boys would each get a full bed and their own bathroom, with parents having a bedroom/bath. Just wasn't sure if the "suite" they didn't want applied here.

Def something to consider when looking at rates. That is an extra $30 to $50 per night for OP.

I think AoA would be great option, boys would each get a full bed and their own bathroom, with parents having a bedroom/bath. Just wasn't sure if the "suite" they didn't want applied here.

Good pick up on the suite I kind of thought they were thinking about a DVC 2 bedroom. -
Cost wise the AOA suite can be less than many "traditional rooms" when you add in the extra adult fees which AOA doesn't have, that's why I mentioned it.

Last edited:
Good pick up on the suite I kind of thought they were thinking about a DVC 2 bedroom. -
Cost wise the AOA suite can be less than many "traditional rooms" when you add in the extra adult fees that's why I mentioned it.

And I may have interpreted it wrong, but I think it's a great option for space, beds, bathrooms, privacy, extra adult fees. And it's not far from AK.

And I may have interpreted it wrong, but I think it's a great option for space, beds, bathrooms, privacy, extra adult fees. And it's not far from AK.

Just fixed my post as AOA does not charge the extra adult fees in the family suite.

I would look at 2 rooms, connecting or adjoining rooms are not guaranteed, and technically you really do not need to be connecting or adjoining since it's all adults.

And just to clarify for the OP or anyone else who might look to the thread for advice, "connecting" and "adjoining" are not interchangeable words in the hotel industry.

Connecting = a door in between two rooms that can be opened giving interior access between the rooms.

Adjoining = rooms that are next to each other, across the hall from each other, or diagonally/around the corner from each other - but there is no door between them, so access is via the exterior/hallway door.

Many people think they are interchangeable terms, and it creates a lot of confusion on the room assigner's part and a lot of angst and "you didn't get my request right" arguments on the guest's part (when 9 times out of 10, the guest requested and got adjoining when they meant connecting).

edit to add: And even with the correct word usage, it remains a REQUEST only and while Disney (or any hotel) will do their best, it cannot be guaranteed.

And just to clarify for the OP or anyone else who might look to the thread for advice, "connecting" and "adjoining" are not interchangeable words in the hotel industry.

Connecting = a door in between two rooms that can be opened giving interior access between the rooms.

Adjoining = rooms that are next to each other, across the hall from each other, or diagonally/around the corner from each other - but there is no door between them, so access is via the exterior/hallway door.

Many people think they are interchangeable terms, and it creates a lot of confusion on the room assigner's part and a lot of angst and "you didn't get my request right" arguments on the guest's part (when 9 times out of 10, the guest requested and got adjoining when they meant connecting).

And both are just a request, not guaranteed ... although in OP's situation his DSs are 20 so probably not an issue.

Your sons won't share a bed? It would really make things cheaper.

My teenage sons won't share a bed, we just take a twin sized air mattress and they either take turns sleeping on it or one of them sleeps on it this trip and the other one the next.

The cabin bunks also sleep short, if I am not mistaken. I think all of Disney's bunk beds are the same length.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter