Advice on Chef Mickey's, please!

Lily13

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I was able to get 2 reservations for Chef Mickey's. One is for Breakfast. The other reservation is for Brunch. We have never been before. Which time would be better?
I know there are a lot of different opinions on CM's, this in not a meal we will be giving up. My 5yo little boy REALLY wants to have a meal with Mickey and the gang! Thank you for your help!

Hi everyone! I was able to get 2 reservations for Chef Mickey's. One is for Breakfast. The other reservation is for Brunch. We have never been before. Which time would be better?
I know there are a lot of different opinions on CM's, this in not a meal we will be giving up. My 5yo little boy REALLY wants to have a meal with Mickey and the gang! Thank you for your help!
I think breakfast is the better choice to be honest.

Last edited:
What time is your brunch ADR? If its a late breakfast, you might have the chance in getting in both breakfast and lunch. Either way, I think breakfast is the better choice to be honest.

Breakfast reservation is 10:25, and brunch reservation is 12:45.

Well we have done breakfast there a few times and really enjoyed it! I haven't done a brunch yet.

What time is your brunch ADR? If its a late breakfast, you might have the chance in getting in both breakfast and lunch. Either way, I think breakfast is the better choice to be honest.

Chef Mickey's does not offer lunch. Breakfast, Brunch and Dinner.
I would take the later one OP. I would give your 5 YO something to tide him over, head to the MK at Rope Drop for the least crowded touring times of the day and get a lot done, then leave for the later Brunch.
Have Fun

Chef Mickey's does not offer lunch. Breakfast, Brunch and Dinner.
I would take the later one OP. I would give your 5 YO something to tide him over, head to the MK at Rope Drop for the least crowded touring times of the day and get a lot done, then leave for the later Brunch.
Have Fun
Thanks, i didnt realise. :)

I still think the breakfast at 10:25am would be easier. But thats just me, cause i'd hate to leave the park then come back. If youre doing rope drop and plan to go back to the room and rest after CM, the 12:45pm ADR might work out well.

Last edited:
We did brunch this last summer and loved it! WE got Mickey waffles and Mickaroni and cheese. Everyone was happy!!!

I haven't personally done either breakfast or brunch, we always do dinner. However, last summer my in-laws did brunch with their son and daughter in-law and their two boys. My mother in law really wanted to take the kids to Chef Mickey's but she could only get a brunch time right in the middle of the afternoon. They had a great time and they all agreed that the time worked out wonderfully! It gave them a nice afternoon rest out of the heat and sun yet they just had to hop on the monorail to get back to MK, as opposed to going back to the resort.

If it was me, I would keep stalking online reservations until an earlier breakfast opened. But just wanted to let you know that my family had a great experience at brunch.

What are you plans that day? If it's an MK day for you, you'll be getting a late start there with the breakfast reservation. As mentioned, the brunch reservation would give you enough time to go to MK in the morning, break for Chef Mickey's, and then return to the park. So I'd lean to towards the brunch one in that case. If this is a rest day for you, maybe the breakfast one so you can sleep in a bit and then get on with your day after.

IMO, the mid-morning breakfasts are tough to plan. We get up early to make rope drop and are usually hungry shortly after getting up. A mid-morning breakfast for us means we need to have something light earlier in the morning and will probably have an early dinner, because lunch won't be necessary. And maybe a snack later on. So for us, the mid-morning breakfast throws our meal times out of whack. Plus I find them tough to plan around in the parks at least, because you may only have 60-90 minutes before stopping for breakfast.

What are you plans that day? If it's an MK day for you, you'll be getting a late start there with the breakfast reservation. As mentioned, the brunch reservation would give you enough time to go to MK in the morning, break for Chef Mickey's, and then return to the park. So I'd lean to towards the brunch one in that case. If this is a rest day for you, maybe the breakfast one so you can sleep in a bit and then get on with your day after.

IMO, the mid-morning breakfasts are tough to plan. We get up early to make rope drop and are usually hungry shortly after getting up. A mid-morning breakfast for us means we need to have something light earlier in the morning and will probably have an early dinner, because lunch won't be necessary. And maybe a snack later on. So for us, the mid-morning breakfast throws our meal times out of whack. Plus I find them tough to plan around in the parks at least, because you may only have 60-90 minutes before stopping for breakfast.

Not sure yet what our plans are that day. If it is supposed to me very hot, it will be our pool/relax day. If not the hottest day of the week, we will go to MK for the day. This is one of the reasons I am confused on which reservation to keep.

Not sure yet what our plans are that day. If it is supposed to me very hot, it will be our pool/relax day. If not the hottest day of the week, we will go to MK for the day. This is one of the reasons I am confused on which reservation to keep.

I assume then it will be your second or third MK day and not your "main" MK day, so to speak? Whenever we are able to do multiple days at a park, rope drop isn't as important to us so if we got there after a mid-morning breakfast, we don't feel like we're wasting as much time. With this information, I might opt for the mid-morning breakfast so then you have ample time for whichever you decide to do afterwards. If it ends up being your pool day, you won't be waiting around in the morning for your brunch time either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter