Advice Needed Please

heatherj

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!! Looking for some advice . . . and I knew I could get some great advice from you all!

We are planning a trip for late April or first week of May 2005. This trip is special to us because we will be taking our youngest son with us for the first time. What is special about this is that he will have just turned three when we go and he has some disabilities and will probably not be able to walk by then either.

So . . . my question to you all is where is the best place I can stay to make this trip not only special for him but for our other two boys. We will probably try to make this a pretty special trip because its his first. I am thinking my two best options are either an Epcot resort - because of the walking distance to 2 parks. Or the Polynesian because of the monorail. He will have to be in his stroller since he can't walk. Our two favorite parks are MK and Epcot. To date our favorite resort is the Wilderness Lodge. We've been to the Epcot resort area and think its pretty there just not sure about the resorts and Poly we've never been to.

Anyone have any thoughts on what would be best??? In a nutshell we are looking for something easy to get to as many parks as possible with a stroller and something that all our boys (will be 8, 5, and 3 then) will enjoy as well as me and dh.

I appreaiciate all your help!!!! I want this trip to be as easy, fun and relaxing as possible for the family. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Heather

I'm definitely not a resort expert but we just returned from a 7 night stay at the Poly and it's wonderful! The grounds are so pretty, the cm's very friendly, the volcano pool is great fun and having the monorail to MK is a big plus, especially with children. It's also a quick walk to the TTC monorail that goes to Epcot.
There are so many things that you and your children will enjoy at this resort. Whatever you decide, I hope you and your family have a most magical vacation!

I would say the poly. It is easy to get the MK and Epcot from there. Being on the monorail you can get to both, come back for a nap mid day if needed or rest. The poly pool is great too!

I also vote for the Poly. Additionally, you might want to post this on the disABILITIES board here on the DIS. You will be able to get great advice from them.

I hope you guys have a great trip - it sounds like it will be very special for everyone. My vote would be for a Monorail resort, when we took my former in-laws who had some special needs it was much easier for us. I haven't stayed at the Poly but am planning on it in the next couple of years, it's just so gorgeous and the location is wonderful.

Good luck & have fun planning!:earsboy:

Wow , this is a hard one. I like the Epcot resort area and think you may like the Beach Club with your three. The walk into Epcot is magical, especially in the evening. You could also take the boat if you decide to go into MGM. Another nice thing is you can walk a lot around the Epcot resort area if you would like. There is entertainment on the Boardwalk, many restaurants, and
the best pool area in Disney. You can see Epcot fireworks from the hotel area or take a quick walk in. The Beach Club has a great character breakfast with many of the favorites in bathing suits:)

On the otherhand, if you want to spend most of your time in the MK then maybe the Poly would be a better choice for you. Plus you could use the monorail to ride to Epcot. I haven't stayed at the Poly yet but hope to this upcoming trip.

My son spent a great deal of time in a stroller when we first came to Disney and we stayed in the Epcot area. I was alone for a lot of it because DH had business meetings. I also had another child and didn't have any problems. The buses are your biggest concerns and making sure there are seats to sit down. Have a wonderful time. I have stayed at all of the Epcot hotels except for the Swan so feel free to ask any questions about them. I'm sure your vacation will be just wonderful!::yes:: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter