Adventures of the "Moms" Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I've been checking this thread now and then but there hasn't been much activity. I haven't been asked back to Disney yet so I don't have any official adventures to talk about. However, I can tell you that a few of us got together in Chicago for Mothers Day weekend. We had a blast!

Kay was kind enough to invite us to stay at her house in Indiana. Anna and I took her up on her offer and Margaret joined us on the 2nd night. (I also brought DD12 with me.) We had a blast! Her house is unbelievable and it was like a big slumber party!

After two nights at Kay's, we headed into Chicago where we met up with Joanne and Cathy. Beyond fun, fun, fun! It was like we started where we left off on our December trip.

I can also report that all the '09ers will be attending the EE5K reunion the weekend of 9/26. Some members from the 08 panel will be there as well. (Note: lets make it clear right now that I won't be running the race! LOL) I can't wait...I'm super-excited to see everyone again.

Will anyone from this thread be at Disney that weekend? Would love to meet and say hello. :)

We will be at Disney from the 26-30! It will be myself, DH, and DD(almost 2). It would be awesome to see you guys! The panel is awesome, and I can't wait to try out for this year's!

Hey Diane! Sounds like an awesome weekend! :goodvibes

Glad to hear that the EEC may becoming an annual event for the Panel! I sure had fun doing it last year! Terrific weekend with Food & Wine. It is not looking good for me this year though (although I haven't officially ruled it out!;)). However, I will likely be on the other coast that weekend. I know you will all have a blast! It is so much fun!!! Especially if you are doing it with a large group!:goodvibes

Keep the updates coming! It is great hearing about what the Panel is up to when they are not answering questions on the website!:)

Erin, that is wonderful that you will be there! We are still trying to work out our itinerary but I can post before the event to give you an idea of where we'll be. We are going to try and do MNSSHP...and Kay wants us to dress up - so maybe you won't even recognize us! Not sure what we'll be - I think she was talking hot dogs, ketchup, mustard and even M&Ms. Should be interesting as Kay is involved!

Diane don't worry I'll be your walking partner, don't want to get all sweaty before the party :rotfl: Oh and I think we need to keep tabs on Kay and her costume ideas :rotfl2:

Hi Diane! Hotdogs, ketchup & mustard huh.... My DD would come and try to eat all of you! She loves "hottt dods"! We decided to skip MNSSHP this year since she still will not be 2 when we go, and we would rather wait until she is older and doesn't go to bed at 8:00! It was quite the debate between the DH & me, but I gave into his logics (with the understanding that when we go next fall we were definitely going, and I also talked him into upgrading our park tickets into seasonal passes so we can go on a early December trip as well)! I think since we will be missing the party I am going to get DDs face painted like her beloved "Mimmie" who she has been TOTALLY obsessed with since March!

Jo: keep an eye on Kay? Easier said than done! :rotfl:

Erin: I think you made a great choice - way to go on maximizing your Disney vacations! I just don't like it when husbands are logical! (Sorry, Doug!) :rotfl2:

I think we need to generate some excitement on this thread! :cool1:

Tollerwalker is correct...there was a tweet yesterday from DisneyParks indicating applications will be accepted next month.

So...who is applying? :banana:

I truly hope if you weren't selected last year that you do apply again this year. If you remember, I was a reject the first time around but made it to the panel this past year so anything is possible if you dream it! Maybe the 3rd time is a charm for you?!

Wishing you all much pixie dust! pixiedust:

I am definately applying - I made it to round 2 last year. Fingers, eyes, and toes are crossed I make it this year :)

Hopefully 2nd time will be the charm!! :thumbsup2

Oh, I'm applying! :cheer2:

Maybe (just MAYBE) the third time will be the charm. My problem is I can't make it past the first round! My answers must be too close to everyone else's!

I feel like I am surrounded by Disney people -- facebook, twitter, and disboards -- everywhere except the Moms Panel! LOL....

So, here's what I'll look like in a few weeks, working on my third ap -- :surfweb:

Time to get psyched up again girls! Wishing pixie dust on all of you (and myself, of course)! :wizard:

Deb

I'm so sad I won't be able to apply this year since I have not been to the parks....sigh. :sad2:

Best of luck to everyone else!!!

Good luck to everyone that applies, being on the panel really is fantastic, not just because I get to answer questions on my favourite place but also because I gained 15 new BFF's :goodvibes

I plan on applying this year. I missed out last year since my family obligations were very heavy but this year is looking really good.

Maybe if I did not take my wild and crazy over 90 year old parents to Disney Wolrd four times in the last year, I might have had time to apply!:rotfl:

I am so interested in trying out to be on the panel.. i just gave birth to my first baby girl last july and would love to be on this!! Can anyone tell me when and how i can apply??? Thank you sooooo much!:goodvibes

I am so interested in trying out to be on the panel.. i just gave birth to my first baby girl last july and would love to be on this!! Can anyone tell me when and how i can apply??? Thank you sooooo much!:goodvibes

Sometime in September, the Moms Panel will announce that they are accepting applications for next year. (And yes, I can pretty much guarantee that within minutes of the announcement, someone will post to this thread.)

The first round is three questions - probably along the lines of "Tell us about your family", "Tell us your favorite Disney memory", and "What is the most important piece of advice you would give someone going to Disneyworld?" Your answers are limited to 100 words for each question.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the next rounds. They have only taken one dad each year for the past two years, so I'm competing for one slot, instead of the other 15.

Diane is right, a few 2009 panelists went fairly well along the process in 08 without getting on the panel, so don't hesitate to try again.

And nobody would call Diane L. a "reject"! Right Jersey?

Deb, don't worry about "sounding like everyone else". Just speak (or in this case, type) from the heart, and I am sure you will do fine! I know that in talking to all my fellow 09 panelists during December training, we all agonized over our submissions, probably worrying about it more than we should have.

Not sure when they will start the process off, but I can say that when I heard that they were getting ready to start again, all I could think of was how re-energized the DIS thread would be! These threads made it more fun for me last year!

Final question: Should we start a new "2010" thread to replace this one?
I will leave it to someone more DIS thread savvy than me!

Doug

Final question: Should we start a new "2010" thread to replace this one?
I will leave it to someone more DIS thread savvy than me!

Doug

My personal opinion would be no new thread....hmmmmmm...! :lmao::rotfl::banana:

Popped over today to see if there were any rumblings about applications for the 2010 panel! I certainly plan to apply and am anxiously awaiting the official announcement! I did not apply the first year, but did last year. Will last years applicants receive an e-mail letting them know when the applications line will open? Guess it doesn't really matter, because I'll watch this thread obsessively!!!:goodvibes

Megan,

We have not heard if they would, or would not, write past applicants. I would guess not, but since they appear to be giving plenty of advance warning, I doubt it would be needed.

Good luck!

OK then, so this will be the 2010 Panel Application Central!

I am so excited, I am sure I will visit every day!!!!!!

Good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter