Advantages of epcot deluxe compared to moderate opinions

One thing that I did like about BW this past week was having both the Boardwalk Bakery and the Belle Vue Lounge to get breakfast from, or I could get to-go from the TS there (that my mind has drawn a blank on because I'm having a rough friday lol). The lounge was super quick with really big muffins and stuff to go (or you could eat there) with coffee and stuff to drink, and were super tasty; the online menu is accurate with what they serve. Mobile order at Boardwalk Bakery was also very quick, and if the weather is nice you can sit outside on the boardwalk which is nice, my youngest would have loved to be able to run around after finishing her breakfast. It was rainy and cold, and I didn't have my kids with me (and they're older now), but I kept having that thought while waiting for our food. I've stayed at YC many times since reopening, and while it's not the most amazing place ever for QS you should also remember that you can do a to-go order from Ale & Compass which is really good especially for breakfast if you plan ahead. We put in our order as soon as they opened, and my husband would go grab the food while I got ready, he would push the "I'm here prepare my food" button while still in the room so he didn't have to wait as long.

The Epcot resort area is my absolute favorite since it's so close to two parks, you can walk, take a boat, or if you're feeling like it take the skyliner (like if I'm at HS or Epcot and want to hop to the other, just get on the skyliner....and stop by Riviera for a coffee). It's so easy to go to other resorts and eat, and if you have park hoppers you can easily pop in to Epcot for dinner.

One thing that I did like about BW this past week was having both the Boardwalk Bakery and the Belle Vue Lounge to get breakfast from, or I could get to-go from the TS there (that my mind has drawn a blank on because I'm having a rough friday lol). The lounge was super quick with really big muffins and stuff to go (or you could eat there) with coffee and stuff to drink, and were super tasty; the online menu is accurate with what they serve. Mobile order at Boardwalk Bakery was also very quick, and if the weather is nice you can sit outside on the boardwalk which is nice, my youngest would have loved to be able to run around after finishing her breakfast. It was rainy and cold, and I didn't have my kids with me (and they're older now), but I kept having that thought while waiting for our food. I've stayed at YC many times since reopening, and while it's not the most amazing place ever for QS you should also remember that you can do a to-go order from Ale & Compass which is really good especially for breakfast if you plan ahead. We put in our order as soon as they opened, and my husband would go grab the food while I got ready, he would push the "I'm here prepare my food" button while still in the room so he didn't have to wait as long.

The Epcot resort area is my absolute favorite since it's so close to two parks, you can walk, take a boat, or if you're feeling like it take the skyliner (like if I'm at HS or Epcot and want to hop to the other, just get on the skyliner....and stop by Riviera for a coffee). It's so easy to go to other resorts and eat, and if you have park hoppers you can easily pop in to Epcot for dinner.

I wasn't sure if you could order mobile order from Ale & Compass - that's great to know we can order ahead and pick up breakfast!

I wasn't sure if you could order mobile order from Ale & Compass - that's great to know we can order ahead and pick up breakfast!
We got it all the time, breakfast and dinner, back when they had more limited hours it was a God send since the QS had more limited options (and I don't always want a sandwich). A lot of the deluxe resorts have a TS restaurant that does to-go, so far I've done Olivia's, Kona, Ale & Compass, and Trattoria al Forno (that's the name of the place I couldn't think of lol). Super easy, and I prefer it sometimes because they apply my AP discount. A quick search on the app shows they do the to-go at A&C from 7:30-11 for breakfast, 11:30-2 for lunch, and 5-9 for dinner.

We got it all the time, breakfast and dinner, back when they had more limited hours it was a God send since the QS had more limited options (and I don't always want a sandwich). A lot of the deluxe resorts have a TS restaurant that does to-go, so far I've done Olivia's, Kona, Ale & Compass, and Trattoria al Forno (that's the name of the place I couldn't think of lol). Super easy, and I prefer it sometimes because they apply my AP discount. A quick search on the app shows they do the to-go at A&C from 7:30-11 for breakfast, 11:30-2 for lunch, and 5-9 for dinner.

Three Bridges over at Gran Destino does it also. But they don't open until 4. :)

Three Bridges over at Gran Destino does it also. But they don't open until 4. :)
Yeah, I haven't been over there yet, I'm gonna try to make it over there on my solo trip in June. All of the other ones are at places I've stayed at since reopening so I've ordered from them a lot (especially Kona, they started decorating my bag I was ordering so many meals on my trip in August). Ordering to-go from TS places at my resort is probably one of my favorite things to come out of all of this. It also means that if I crave some of those pancakes at A&C, but can't get an ADR (or don't have time), I can just order on my phone and eat them where I want.

It still rules out breakfast and lunch if you don't have a park pass reservation there. A big negative imo.

The park reservation system combined with the hopping restrictions really took a lot of the fun out of staying at the Crescent Lake resorts imo…one of my favorite things on earth was when we would just pop into Les Halles for a fresh baguette and cheese for breakfast on a lazy day before going back to the resort. So lame that you really can’t do that anymore. :(

For us the single biggest advantage of staying over there is the proximity to Epcot and DHS.

No matter where we stay, Epcot is usually the park we end up at most of the nights, especially when it's open until 10 and AK closes at 7. We like to close out DHS too.

Walking or boating back to the resort after close is priceless! :D

We actually enjoy the QS locations at YC/BC for breakfast. IMO, the Boardwalk Bakery has gone down hill over the past few years (this started pre-covid), so we now walk over to YC/BC to get breakfast if we are staying at BWV. There aren't many places to sit inside, but we always like going outside and eating our breakfast. There are usually chairs set up around outside and we will grab a couple of those.
Pre-covid, Picabu over at Dolphin was my favorite place to get breakfast in the EP resort area. I think it's open now, but it wasn't when we were there in our post-covid trips, so I can't speak to how it is now. Also, both Swan and Dolphin have a coffee/snack shop in their lobby areas (Java and Fuel respectively - I think). They have pretty good breakfast sandwiches and pastries and they have some different beverage options from what the Disney owned places have.

Another option to consider: if you are at the Boardwalk resort (Inn or Villas) you can easily walk over to the Speedway for coffee and donuts in the morning. It's just pretty basic gas station fare, but the donuts are fresh every morning and they were pretty good the one day we tried them. We also pick up some cold beverages while we are there (Powerade zero or other things that are obnoxiously priced on-site :) ) You could also walk here from the other EP resorts, it will just be a longer walk. For the BWI/BWV guests, it's just on the other side of the parking lot.

For lunch and dinner, you can always hop on the skyliner and head to Riviera and dine at one of their options. We enjoy Primo Piatto because it has some other options besides burgers and chicken tenders (they have these too, but there are other unique options here). And if you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want that big food court look and feel, you can always go to CBR or POP or AOA from the skyliner too.

If you can get over the sticker shock of the price increase for the room, I think any food price increases that you might see will be minor in comparison. LOL!!! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter