Advantages and Disadvantages of Going Solo

Jodi1980

<font color=FF00CC>Pixie Dust can even make a mood
I see as an advantage that it's better than not going at all and definitely not going with someone who will not be any fun.

Are there any disadvantages?

As one who's gone solo many times, first let me say that the advantages far outweigh any disadvantages. However, there are occassional times when I see a couple walking slowly hand-in-hand, maybe eating ice cream bars, and I wish my DH was there. Or I hear something cute said by a child, and I know DH would have gotten a laugh. It'll never sound as funny in the repeating as if he'd heard it. Those moments aren't frequent, but they happen.

Disadvantages

* Nobody to share expenses with, like hotel and car rental.
* No one to say "wasn't that fun ..." to.
* Nobody to share a good meal with.
* If you get lost, you're on your own.
* You might get weird looks from some people.

Advantages

* You plan YOUR trip. When to go, where to stay, what to see, where to dine.
* No arguments, unless you talk to yourself. ;)
* You can see more things and really take in the surroundings.
* You can chat with CM's and other people in line without getting the "look" from your SO or friends.

Having gone solo several times (with another trip coming up), I would have to agree that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Disadvantages:
1. No family or friends to share this with.

Advantages:
1. YOU get to see the attractions that YOU want to see as many times YOU want to see them.
2. YOU get to see the dine where YOU want to when YOU want to.
3. YOU can get up as early or as late as YOU want to.
4. YOU get to pick the park that YOU want to see as many times YOU want to go to them, as well as come and go from those parks when YOU want to.
5. YOU get to see the attractions that YOU want to see as many times YOU want to see them.
6. YOU get to stroll slowly down Main Street USA and admire all the buildings and the sayings in the windows on the upper levels.
7. YOU can dine in all those sit-down restaurants that YOU want and take as much time eating as you want.
8. YOU get to stroll through the different resorts and really be able to take the time to admire the architecture.
9. YOU get to fly through that single's line as many times as you want on Test Track!!

As much as I enjoy going with family, I enjoy going solo as well. I hardly notice looks from people noticing that I am there solo and to be honest I really don't care what other people think. I love being at WDW and whether it is solo or with family, it's still a blast for me.

I LOVE Port Orleans French Quarter!!! I like the fact that it is the smallest (size-wise) of the moderates, so no matter which building you are in, you are close to the main building, the bus stop and the pool.

I have had 3 solo trips, so far, and I never noticed ANYONE
looking at me funny because I was there alone.

For me, the only disadvantage is not telling someone right
away how great that last attraction was. However, I call my
Husband later and tell him all that I did that day. He CAN relate
because we went together 4 times.

I tend to want to do my very favorite attractions over and over,
(like Spaceship Earth). My DH is not there to tell me just how
stupid that is. ( That IS an advantage )

I just had my 4th SOLO trip, and can hardly wait to go again!:D I stay at Sports, not too noisy if you know what building to pick!;)

I went by myself just last December for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and was there for four days. It was incredibly relaxing for me since I didn't have to worry about any travelling companions. While I'm no Disney Commando, I still tend to pack a lot of things into a trip and make shopping seem like an Olympic event.

Advantages for me:

Spending as much time in a gift shop as I want
Riding whatever I wanted as many times as I wanted
Finally getting to do as many character meals as I wanted (and not feeling one bit guilty for taking up an entire table for just myself. Those families should have made reservations!)
Leaving the Magic Kingdom for a cocktail at the Polynesian Resort in the middle of the day
Staying at Pleasure Island until they close with no one getting tired and wanting to go to bed early

Disadvantages for me:

Uummmmmmm... nope! Not a one!

Disadvantages: No one to take your picture.

Advantages: No whining about "I don't want to ride such and such." :)

I agree with all of the above posts the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. For me the one disadvantage would be ..........I honestly can't think of one! I was going to say not having others to talk to but then I thought about it and realized when I am solo I actually talk to more people than I do when I am with others because I always meet the most interesting people and CMs to talk to. I was also going to say eating solo but then I realized that I also enjoy trying out or returning to WDW restaurants and I always end up having a great conversation with my server but that is a broken up conversation when he/she comes to my table. So, I guess the one disadvantage of traveling solo for me is that I do not have a continous dinner conversation going, but that is not really a bad thing because it gives me time to people watch, jot down trip notes, etc.

Barry - You can always ask one of us to take your picture. We'll be glad to do so.

It's been a blast to take people's
pictures for them while traveling
alone..... otherwise there's always
one person who doesn't get in the
group shots......

I'll be there solo this Thurs-Sat. and
look forward to offering to take
pictures for total strangers....

Be an angel to someone - just take
their picture! Last time I went solo,
I took one couple's picture & another
couple saw me return their camera
& asked me to take their picture, too.

Count it all joy! And throw in a little
pixiedust of your own!

"Pix" :pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter