Advance reservations with AAA vouchers

NickE

Earning My Ears
My apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

To save a few bucks, I'd like to purchase my park tickets now (for my trip next month) through AAA. As I understand it, after selecting a date and placing my order I'll receive a voucher in my email, at which point it must be:

1. Entered into my MDE app; and then
2. When at the park, brought to Guest Services to be given an actual ticket.

I don't fully understand the state of things after (1) but before (2). After entering the voucher into MDE, can I make advance dining reservations? Or do I need to wait until Guest Services changes them into actual tickets?

I haven't bought from AAA in a few years but when I did I wlked right into my local office and purchased physical tickets.
Personally this is what I'd recommend doing.

The "voucher" MAY actually be a ticket number that after you enter into MDE and assign to a user can then be used to make park pass reservations.
Then you could either use a magic band or go to will call to get a physical ticket.
But don't quote me on this. Better to contact AAA and ask.

Thanks. That's how I remembered it from years ago when I bought through AAA in person -- I got actual credit-card-sized plastic passes.

But now that everything's been Chapeked -- where a pass has surge pricing and it's only good for a particular day and you need a park reservation and there are twenty kinds of Genies and Lightning Lanes and virtual queues and only if you wear a particular color underwear -- I'm assuming that the AAA method has also changed, and for the worse.

Thanks. That's how I remembered it from years ago when I bought through AAA in person -- I got actual credit-card-sized plastic passes.

But now that everything's been Chapeked -- where a pass has surge pricing and it's only good for a particular day and you need a park reservation and there are twenty kinds of Genies and Lightning Lanes and virtual queues and only if you wear a particular color underwear -- I'm assuming that the AAA method has also changed, and for the worse.

I see no reason why AAA could not give you a physical ticket if you go in person.
Its really no different than it used to be unless AAA has decided to no longer offer tickets in person.
Why not walk in and ask if you'd rather have a physical ticket from the outset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!