Advance charges for reservations

mlwear

DIS Veteran
I received my credit card statement today and saw a charge for $151 for WDW dining. Took me a long time to figure out, but then realzed that it must be for the Spirit of Aloha dinner reservation I made.
I am planning to use our dining plan vouchers for payment, but realize they need credit card info. to hold the reservation.
I didn't realize that they would charge me for the dinner ALREADY, the reservation is for mid-August. I thought they would go ahead and charge the account if we didn't show up. I completely understand that and am fine with it.
Anyone know anything about this? Will they give me a credit if I use my vouchers? Even if I didn't use my vouchers, would there be something marked that I have already paid?
I'm not too thrilled with this policy. I sort of want to cancel just to be sure I get my account credited back.

Wow they already charged you. The last time we went to it we were not charged until we picked up our tickets when we checked in. Even if the policy changed, it sounds like they should have not charged you if you are planning to use the meal plan. Definitely call and check. I'm curious because we are doing the meal plan in december and want to do another dinnershow.

Did you let them know you were on the dining plan when you reserved?

If not, that is why you were charged. I had scheduled the Backyard BBQ and if we hadn't been on the Premium plan, it would have been charged right away. (We did end up cancelling but we were never charged in the first place).

It's the same way with tours.

I would call back, let them know you are on the dining plan and see if they will reverse the charge. I'm not sure they will now or just wait until you get there and reverse it then.

I have had to give my CC number as a hold.

I paid for my HDD for September and have already been charged. They told me that my cc would be charged immediately. Yesterday I had to change the date, so was credited and recharged. I'm not on a dining plan.

I don't know if I said we were using dining plan or not. I just gave my info. to concierge. That is probably it.
Does anyone know what number I should call to take care of this?
Still, I don't like that they charge ahead. Sure put a hold of that much on the account. That would be fine with me. But, like many hotels you give a credit card and they don't charge you until you check in or if you don't show up. I'm guessing they must have had some problem at some point.
I will post when I get information.

I booked my HDDR night back in March and it's for 10/06 and it's been paid for now. Hard now, but sure is nice not to have to worry about it then. Only issue is that it's the late show and DDE has a 20% discount for that show. And I couldn't use it when I booked because it's in 2006 and they don't know what meals are going to be discounted then yet!! Hope I don't have to cancel and then rebook in order to get the discount.

mlwear said:
I received my credit card statement today and saw a charge for $151 for WDW dining. Took me a long time to figure out, but then realzed that it must be for the Spirit of Aloha dinner reservation I made.
I am planning to use our dining plan vouchers for payment, but realize they need credit card info. to hold the reservation.
I didn't realize that they would charge me for the dinner ALREADY, the reservation is for mid-August. I thought they would go ahead and charge the account if we didn't show up. I completely understand that and am fine with it.
Anyone know anything about this? Will they give me a credit if I use my vouchers? Even if I didn't use my vouchers, would there be something marked that I have already paid?
I'm not too thrilled with this policy. I sort of want to cancel just to be sure I get my account credited back.
This happened to me ,, I called and they credited it right back

Do tell them you are on the dining plan. I didn't tell them at first when I got my ADR for CRT and then the CM had to go back and cancel the ressie and start over because she had a total amount that was due showing on her screen.

I don't know. I don't like the new system of charging up front. We decided against a reservation for HDDR after learning we'd be charged immediatley. Funny thing is, CM I spoke with said it didn't matter that we were on the Silver dining plan.

I sent a message to concierge, since he is the one who made the reservation. Haven't heard back yet, but will give it a day or two. Right now, I'm thinking I will cancel if I am actually charged ahead. It is just too much hassle and it is the principle of the whole thing. Why should they get my money for THIS 2 1/2 months early? Nah, I don't think so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter