Adults Only - Parent-Adult "Child" Trip

Unvoiced_Apollo

DIS Veteran
Anyone else as adults "drag" their parents along in adults only trips?

I say drag jokingly as my dad is more than happy to come with me on this upcoming trip. We'll be focusing a little more on the foods there (we have our ADRs, a few foodie type places, a couple of character meals, and finally a plan to use those dang snack credits). Last time it was characters (made my own autograph book). And we're actually both a little more excited about the new dining experiences than the rides, not that we won't still enjoy them!

We're also the Star Wars nerds Galaxy's Edge was made for and we're really immersing ourselves in the experience (if anyone asks why I'm looking for scrap I'm going to say I may have gone on a bender at Oga's and can't afford the better chassis at the depot XD). After being late into the game for the reservations, I have gotten us reservations for Oga's, Savi's and Droid Depot. And the only reason we're going all out is because we decided to take a Disney break after this to travel other places.

Though if we go to Paris...

Me. My last two trips were with my mom. We have a great time every time we go. We're going again in January with my Aunt, who hasn't been in a long time. She's never been to animal kingdom and she loves simulators. I can't wait to take her on FOP. :cutie:

"Drag" no, but after the care my mum provided me after an accident 2 years ago as well as a present before but for her 60th birthday (May 2018), I invited her for her first WDW-trip in March 2018. Guess what: She thought it was a once in a lifetime-trip, but at the flight back to Germany, she asked me "When can we go again".
As I promised my much younger sister after my first visit in 2015 to take her with me one time, we will go all together 2020 or 2021. We would like to take our father with us, but he hates crowds and amusement parks, we only could "buy him" with Muppets, but without the "Great Moments of History" (a dream to see the Muppets live) and only Muppets 3D this would not happen...

Me. My last two trips were with my mom. We have a great time every time we go. We're going again in January with my Aunt, who hasn't been in a long time. She's never been to animal kingdom and she loves simulators. I can't wait to take her on FOP. :cutie:

FoP is probably my favorite ride there. Which weirdly enough part of why is because it's the first ride to make feel queasy (not enough to get motion sick but enough to get those butterflies and slight stomach in throat feel). But to me that was actually a testament to how well the ride was actually made since it got passed my hearty constitution (I don't feel a thing on Mission Space: Orange). And when I felt the "banshee" breathe I'm just like "Damn that is some detail right there".

"Drag" no, but after the care my mum provided me after an accident 2 years ago as well as a present before but for her 60th birthday (May 2018), I invited her for her first WDW-trip in March 2018. Guess what: She thought it was a once in a lifetime-trip, but at the flight back to Germany, she asked me "When can we go again".
As I promised my much younger sister after my first visit in 2015 to take her with me one time, we will go all together 2020 or 2021. We would like to take our father with us, but he hates crowds and amusement parks, we only could "buy him" with Muppets, but without the "Great Moments of History" (a dream to see the Muppets live) and only Muppets 3D this would not happen...

Well I didn't really mean "drag" as in "feel like I'm forcing someone" but "drag" in a playfully joking way. But yeah, them getting ride of "Great Muppets of History" is a shame. I'm not even the biggest Muppets fan but that was a really fun show to watch, even if you just happen upon it.

One of my adult daughters is "dragging" me with her and her three 22 year old friends next week to WDW. I've never been so happy to be drug anywhere!
I guess this is payback for all of the years being "drug" to stores for prom dresses, back to school clothes, grocery stores for school supplies or college necessities. :rotfl:

My parents go to Disney more than I do, though we've only gone together twice in the past three years. Usually I go with just my sister.

I did make them all go to DLP (and Paris) with me for my 30th birthday.

DD and I have made 2 trips together so far, one to recover from a personal tragedy, the second to celebrate her 40th birthday. A third is in the works to mark my retirement.

while it pains us to leave her DH and my two awesome grandsons at home, time and money plays a big part in when a big family trip is possible. in the meantime, DD and I need our Disney fix!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!