ADRs? Yes We Made Stinking ADRs - A June '15 Dining Report - Updated 10/10: Sassagoula & Wrap-up

Before Casey we hardly ever sat at a table and instead chose to share some apps. copious amounts of drink, and dine in the casualness of a bar. We'll likely do some version of a monorail appetizer crawl with stops in the Poly, GF, Contemporary, and WL. We'll see if our now 40 something selves (or almost 40 for Jason) can keep up with our 30 year old lifestyle ; )

This sounds like a splendid evening! I do enjoy sitting down and being served and enjoying the ambiance and peace of a nice restaurant, but I absolutely love Jason's suggestion. Hope you two have a fantastic anniversary evening together just enjoying each other's company, and here's wishing the 3 of you a fun-filled, great food-filled vacation!

Before Casey we hardly ever sat at a table and instead chose to share some apps. copious amounts of drink, and dine in the casualness of a bar. We'll likely do some version of a monorail appetizer crawl with stops in the Poly, GF, Contemporary, and WL.
That sounds like so much fun!! Have a great and magical trip!

OMG Your Via Napoli dinner looks amazing. I live in northern NJ and its like there are ONLY Italian restaurants around us. I've been eating it all my life and I love some good Italian and am rather picky about it too, especially pizza. But the Carciofi sounds delicious and I too love arugula so I'd probably do the same thing with my pizza. I'm glad I have it on my list of ADRs!

OMG you're going to WDW again! 10 days at the Poly?!? I'm so so so jealous. Enjoy!!!

Have a fantastic trip!! Looking forward to hearing all about your Poly stay and all the good eats and drinks!

Safe travels :beach:

We will be there in 3 days too! I can't wait! I hope you enjoy all your ADRs and all of your spur of the moment ones too!
Yeah for overlapping trips. I'm sure we will enjoy and hope you all do too!

Have an awesome trip!!!! Since you are at the Poly you should hit up Trader Sams for your Anniversary night! Also love Mizner's at GF Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge.
Thanks for the suggestions. Trader SAMs is definitely in the cards at some point. Mizners wasn't in my radar so will have to check it out.

Looks like our trips will overlap! I leave on Monday :)
Have a blast!!!!!!!

Woo hoo!! So close! Hope you guys have a blast. We nearly went this weekend as well. That "magical" deal sure is magical. I hope you love the Poly.
Ooh, all of those sound delicious. We'll be trying HBD this time around too. Can't wait to see all of the food pics. pixiedust:
It is definitely magical. Still can't believe the rate we are paying.

I'll be sure to let ya know how HBD is. It's a bit of a childhood indulgence come true for me

The price is right for your magical deal at the Poly. I hope you have a great time.

We got just back from a POR/YC split and really liked our first stay at a moderate resort. The food at Boatwrights was very good, especially the French onion soup. And what do they do to that cornbread to make it taste so good? But the scrambled eggs in the food court were disgusting. It was the only bad thing about our brief stay there.
So glad to hear you enjoyed Boatwrights. How did you like your first moderate stay?

We will be at POP tomorrow night, then the Poly on Saturday!:cloud9: Your anniversary plans sound great! Have a wonderful trip!!
Woohoo!!!!! Hope you have a great night at Pop and be sure to say hi if you see us at Poly!

Have a wonderful trip! Love the idea of hitting all the bars on the monorail. Have a tropical cocktail, or 10, for me!

Looking forward to seeing what you end up eating. I'm so excited to hear about HBD, too, because it's been getting great reviews lately that I've seen and my interest is rising in trying it now!

Safe, magical trip!

BTW, totally wanted to mention that next time I go down to DC, I'm seeking your dining input! We tried Founding Farmers a few months ago and were so happy with the food. What a fun city to live near with so many foodie spots!
Will be sure drinks 1-10 are all for you ; )

Definitely let me know when you are headed this way. I haven't tried founding farmers yet but they are in the building of one of my contractors so going is inevitable. We don't get downtown as much as I'd like (we are in the burbs), but definitely have some favorites. DC has really made its food mark as of late.

This sounds like a splendid evening! I do enjoy sitting down and being served and enjoying the ambiance and peace of a nice restaurant, but I absolutely love Jason's suggestion. Hope you two have a fantastic anniversary evening together just enjoying each other's company, and here's wishing the 3 of you a fun-filled, great food-filled vacation!
Thanks so much for all the well wishes. I love a good sit down meal too, but it will certainly be fun to do something we never get to do. And of course just be with each other ; )

Have a great trip! We are doing the Poly next year and I can't wait!
Thanks so much. Can't wait to report back on the Poly

That sounds like so much fun!! Have a great and magical trip!
Thank you, less than 12 hours to go!

Have an awesome trip! The bar crawl sounds awesome!
Thanks! Can't wait for some crawling :drinking1

OMG Your Via Napoli dinner looks amazing. I live in northern NJ and its like there are ONLY Italian restaurants around us. I've been eating it all my life and I love some good Italian and am rather picky about it too, especially pizza. But the Carciofi sounds delicious and I too love arugula so I'd probably do the same thing with my pizza. I'm glad I have it on my list of ADRs!

OMG you're going to WDW again! 10 days at the Poly?!? I'm so so so jealous. Enjoy!!!
I'm sure you are totally spoiled on good NJ pizza. We don't have too many good options in DC so Via Napoli is a dream for us.

Yep we are going again. I confess I may have a bit of a problem. My name is Kari and I'm a Disney addict. In al honestly we usually go twice a year, so the June trip was the anomaly this year. And never fear your poly visit is just around the corner ; )

Have fun on your anniversary trip!
Thank you!

Have a fantastic trip!! Looking forward to hearing all about your Poly stay and all the good eats and drinks!

Safe travels :beach:
Thanks, can't wait to report back,

Have a great trip! Your date night sounds like an awesome choice, I can't wait to hear about it!
Thank you! Our bags are packed, the wine is flowing, just need morning to get here!

So while you're at Disney and staying at the Poly for the next 10 nights, I do hope at least once you will think of me sitting here on my couch, eating cheetohs and SEETHING WITH JEALOUSY. >:(

Seriously though, have a WONDERFUL trip. Can't want to eat vicariously through you when you get back! :cutie:

Very very jealous of your poly trip! However, I'm heading down to the World on Sunday, so I can't complain too much :D

Via Napoli looks absolutely fabulous. I am thinking I may have to eat here in January - we'll be doing fewer fancy meals to help our budget, but now that I know the pizza is big enough to share I may have to do it! I do love pizza, and it definitely seems like they do it right.

Looking forward to seeing your review of the Poly trip (and finishing up this one) - and enjoy your anniversary!

My Mom is Italian, Jason owned an Italian restaurant for a while, and I'm a pretty darn good Italian cook if I do say so myself. I

Please share a good marinara sauce recipe. Please!

6th trip to Via Napoli

::yes:: Love this place.

7a67592f-9a63-425a-89b3-53a0f18ec569.jpg

Love this shot!

If this looks large, it's because it is. Apparently my husband thought that he needed a wine bottle sized bottle of beer for the evening ; )

Don't you know, the best beers come in big bottles??

YES!

Too full for dessert

So sad.

Okay, totally redeemed yourself! Hot beignets are amazing!!!!!

We leave bright and early Saturday morning for our first stay at Poly. Thanks to the very "magical" deal we're paying $20 more a night than we paid for POFQ for this trip.

Woah, that is a deal! How did you manage that, did you get a code?

California Grill I scored yesterday (can't wait to just hop on the monorail and be there) and Hollywood Brown Derby (a first for us) for our evening of frozen fireworks.

Excited to see what you think of the Brown Derby. It's been 5 years for us, but i'm dying to get back there for that cobb salad and grapefruit cake. #majordrool

It will be our anniversary while we're there and I'd originally made reservations at Victoria and Alberts for Jason and I. I figured Jason would be all over this, but after thinking it over he requested on our night without Casey we do what we always did before she came along and eat at some bars. Before Casey we hardly ever sat at a table and instead chose to share some apps. copious amounts of drink, and dine in the casualness of a bar. We'll likely do some version of a monorail appetizer crawl with stops in the Poly, GF, Contemporary, and WL. We'll see if our now 40 something selves (or almost 40 for Jason) can keep up with our 30 year old lifestyle ; )

OMGOSH! Usually these kinds of events come with good stories. You better have a good story to tell us when you come back. Our good story was that we were so wasted, we missed out on our reservation at Yachtsman. And our last bar stop was at the bar right next door :rotfl2::rotfl: Yeah, that's a good time right there ::yes::

So Mommy and Daddy could indulge in one with a little bit of "mama juice" in it, aka rum for those that don't speak Casey.

I want to try this although...just a shot in the bottom...doesn't sound as good as mixed in throughout...sigh.

I have been away so long and now your trip is here!!! Gah!! I hope it's amazing and can't wait to hear all about it!!

Have a wonderful vacation! If Territory Lounge is on the radar for your adults' night out romp, know that they recently changed their menu . . . and I don't think for the better. Maybe check out the updated online menu on disney dining reserv site. The great charcuterie board that I enjoyed as a light dinner in Feb is gone. But (and this is a nice, big but:-) ) the Artist Point Cobbler should still be available. That alone might make the stop worthwhile! ps I also had a great microbrew on tap when I was there. Of course, I can't remember what it was now but think it may have been sourced from the Pacific Northwest so a fun, unique little plus. They also have a few lovely loveseats and cushy, plush chairs. Just the place to rest up after a hectic monorail adventure. Enjoy!

I was hoping to get this bad boy wrapped up before our annual September trip in TWO DAYS (not that I'm excited or anything), but alas thanks to this little thing called life I don't think I'll have time to even get one more post done. Between work, family (we have Casey's very important pre-school orientation today), and the packing I've yet to start (and should be doing now) I'll just leave everyone with a teaser of whats to come.

We leave bright and early Saturday morning for our first stay at Poly. Thanks to the very "magical" deal we're paying $20 more a night than we paid for POFQ for this trip. I"m a little concerned about all the ongoing construction, but we survived it at WL last year so I think we know what to expect.

Now as for food, I actually have a handful of reservations to wet our proverbial appetites during our 10 days in the world. For lunches I knew we'd want TS a couple of days so we have our perennial MK favorite The Plaza (sadly Liberty Tree will be closed) planned, as well as 50's for our MGM day, and Yak n Yeti for one of our AK days. Not too much on the dinner front yet aside from a first day California Grill I scored yesterday (can't wait to just hop on the monorail and be there) and Hollywood Brown Derby (a first for us) for our evening of frozen fireworks.

It will be our anniversary while we're there and I'd originally made reservations at Victoria and Alberts for Jason and I. I figured Jason would be all over this, but after thinking it over he requested on our night without Casey we do what we always did before she came along and eat at some bars. Before Casey we hardly ever sat at a table and instead chose to share some apps. copious amounts of drink, and dine in the casualness of a bar. We'll likely do some version of a monorail appetizer crawl with stops in the Poly, GF, Contemporary, and WL. We'll see if our now 40 something selves (or almost 40 for Jason) can keep up with our 30 year old lifestyle ; )

So that's a quick preview of what's to come. If I have some time I will try and post a couple of previews to wet everyone's appetites. Otherwise, wish my waistline and liver some much needed luck ; )

Have a great time!

We were in MK Friday for the day and went over to the Poly to have lunch at Kona & check things out since we're staying there for a couple nights in Jan. Even with the construction it still looked and felt so good there :goodvibes Have a wonderful trip & a very happy anniversary :love: Enjoy the Poly, looking forward to hearing all about your stay and your eats when you're back!

Have an awesome time on your trip! The bar crawl sounds very fun, can't wait to hear all about your adventures. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter