• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADRs - better to call or do it online?

ekmom

Mouseketeer
We are going March 5 - 14 and staying at CSR so I'll be trying for my ADRs on October 27th. We have 8 days available and we want the following:

Le Cellier - dinner
Garden Grill - dinner
Coral Reef - lunch (hopefully the same day as one of the above)
Mama Melrose - lunch (a different day from any of the above)
Boma - dinner

Would it be better to call or try to do it online? In either case I wouldn't be able to try until around 7:30 am eastern time on October 27th. Do you typically have to sit on hold a long time if you call?

I've never made my own ADRs before so I appreciate your advice. Thanks!

October 27 is going to be an insane day! No one can say what will happen. I'll be very surprised if the system hasn't crashed by 7 AM.
If they tell you to try-back in an hour, when the system is down, don't pay attention-keep trying again. That worked for me!
If you want to get LeCellier, your only chance might be 3:00 AM on-line.
Just keep trying all day, and the day after. Right now, there's indications that January isn't loaded into the system for some restaurants. Who knows what March will look like, less than three weeks from now.
Be as flexible as you can on times and days.
Good luck!

I would try doing them on-line first. I got up and had all ours done for a 12 night stay in 45 minutes and we are going during Thanksgiving. I'm not very computer saavy but found it very easy to do. Like the PP said the day you are making ADRs is when they are going back to the 180 day bookings so that will probably make it much busier and there may be glitches to work out.
Definitely try for Le Cellier first and if you have problems on-line you can call at 7 eastern.

Good luck!

Good luck - hopefully the online system will be up and running again by October 27th - but don't bet on it. I would recommend that you try at 3am, but be prepared to have to call at 7. (And if there's any way to rearrange your schedule to be on the phone for 7am - that would be best.) That day I'm sure hold/wait times will be quite long as half the universe will be trying to make their ADR's.
I called this morning at 7am and couldn't get Le Cellier for our trip in January. We're doing a short trip - only 4 nights, so all of our dates have already been available to people who's +10 from an earlier arrival date overlaps our days. I haven't been to Cellier on our past 2 or 3 trips - it's so hard to get in to. It's a favorite of ours, and we used to just walk up and get a table for later the same day!
I'm going to keep trying - as each day falls into the 90 day window (or when the system is fixed :rotfl:) I'll check and see if anything has opened up.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter