ADR and the person who made the reservation not being there

tlmadden73

DIS Veteran
I have a trip coming up in March and since Disney expects you to make ADRs 180 days in advance ..I booked a few meals for the large group where available.

One of those is a meal at Ohana. 22 people.

My family's plans have changed and we are leaving earlier in the week, but the rest of the large group still will wanting to eat at Ohana that night.

Will there be an issue with them getting seated if I (as the reservation maker) is not there? Do I need to cancel the reservation and have one of them make it? (I worry that we will lose our spot if we do that).

On another note . .since I had to make reservations before our final group numbers were solidified, some of our reservations (like Ohana) may be a few people larger than necessary. Do we need to get those modified to the lower number or simply show up with who we have? (Will we be charged for the missing people?)

If Mary Jones made the reservation just have them give Mary Jones' name when they check in. No one cares if Mary is actually there or not. You will not be charged for the missing people.

If you're going to have extra people, you really need to fix the situation before arriving. With a group that large, you aren't just going to find another ADR to replace it with. I would call and see how they suggest proceeding.

If you're going to have extra people, you really need to fix the situation before arriving. With a group that large, you aren't just going to find another ADR to replace it with. I would call and see how they suggest proceeding.
Thanks ..but what I meant was the reservations are made for larger than the number of people who will be dining.

One reservation (where we had to make two separate reservations) may still need to be fixed, but I am trying to get our final numbers still. (some people just can't think that far ahead :))

As a PP mentioned, just have someone give your name when checking in. My family has been in similar situations where the primary person on the reservation couldn't be there, and we had no issues. We've never encountered a Disney restaurant that asked for proof of ID at check-in.

I would let the restaurant know that a few people won't be there just as a courtesy (and it sounds like you're planning to do that), but there won't be a penalty if fewer people show up than the ADR was made for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter