ADP - Live From Disney World

*sigh* I wanna be there!!! I can almost smell the Poly, looking at those pics. The Poly has the best smelling lobby in tht world! :D

Ohhhhh how pretty the Poly is!!! Someday I'll stay there:cloud9: . I definately have to add the Wave to our ADR's for next years trip:goodvibes .

Thanks for the Poly picks. We are literally, "Too excited to sleep." I know it is still some time away, but I am so looking forward to our trip in Sept.

Have a wonderful time!

These trip reports are what get me through the day.

September can't come soon enough.

Love all the Polynesian pics! Thanks for sharing those and the others. Your commentary is great too. :banana: Looks like you're all having a wonderful time.

Hi Everyone,

We are back from our evening at the Magic Kingdom. Today was one of those days I won't soon forget. As I was strolling through the Great Ceremonial House this afternoon I overheard a voice I knew I recognized right away. After a turn of my head I realized it was Pete. And Walter was with him. What a surprise. The three of us had a great conversation. Later on during our conversation Kim and Anna showed up. It was truly a pleasure speaking with them. Pete and/or Walter if you are reading this thanks for taking the time out of your day to spend it with us. You guys rock! :)

After we left Pete and Walter we jumped on the monorail and headed for the Magic Kingdom. Tonight was Extra Magic Hours so the park was open until 2:00AM; however, we only made it until 11:30. The park wasn't as crowded as I expected. Wait times ranged anywhere from 10 minutes on Pirates to 50 minutes on Peter Pan. The best time to ride attractions was during the parade and fireworks. We took full advantage of that.

Here are a couple of photos as we entered the Magic Kingdom this evening.

The roof tarp of the boat launch has been removed probably just for a quick refurbishment.
Picture159-1.jpg

Landscape Mickey Mouse with the Main St. Train Station above.
Picture160-1.jpg

The first thing we did when we entered the Magic Kingdom was head to Casey's Corner for a hot dog. For some reason I had a craving this afternoon for one of those hot dogs. We all had a hot dog with french fries and a drink. We also got a cup of the cheese sauce for our fries.

Here are a couple shots of our meal at Casey's

Restaurant signage out front...Casey's jersey
Picture161-1.jpg

My hot dog platter. Craving satisfied!
Picture162-1-1.jpg

After our meal at Casey's we headed for the attractions. Attractions we experienced this evening were Big Thunder (fastpass), Jungle Cruise (fastpass), Peter Pan, Mad Tea Party, Haunted Mansion, Laugh Floor, and TTA.

One note, we saw several Dream Squad members walking around the park interacting with guests this evening. They were not handing out any prizes, but just conversing and interacting with guests.

As we were walking out of Tomorrowland I snapped this photo of Cinderella Castle. The weather was beautiful this evening.
Picture165-1.jpg

Before we left the Magic Kingdom this evening we made one more stop at the Main St. Ice Cream Parlor. We all had a single scoop of ice cream in a cup. It was an end to a terrific day.

Up Next:
Magic Kingdom
Polynesian Fun & Games
Dinner at Ohana

You got to meet Pete & Walter!! A celebrity sighting! ;) That's awesome -- what a bonus on top of what sounds like an already great day. Loving the live report. You keep having fun and the rest of us will too! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the up to date info.. we are there on Friday and you wait times and park expierences are giving me hope we are not doomed for a week of waiting in line!!

Thanks again

Thanks for the update and photos Aaron. I love the Poly! Glad that you were able to meet up with Pete and Walter. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Saturday, July 19th

Hi Everyone,

We are back from our morning/afternoon at the Magic Kingdom. We had breakfast in the room this morning so we could get to the park when it opened at 9:00AM.

When we arrived the park had just opened and we headed straight for Fantasyland as we had not had the opportunity to do some of the attractions there yet. All Fantasyland attractions were pretty much a walk on until 10:15AM except for Dumbo. When is it ever? The park was not very crowded this morning or even the early afternoon. We found wait times to be anwhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes from 10:30 until 12:30. We noticed a big spike in wait times as we were leaving the park at 1:30. For instance Splash Mountain went from 30 minutes to 70 minutes in about 30 minutes time. A huge difference.

Here are a few wait time photos from this morning.

Pirates of the Caribbean was a 10 minute wait most of the morning and into the early afternoon.
Picture175-1-1.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain was 30 minutes most of the morning until around 12:30.
Picture172-1.jpg

Here's a photo of the crowds from Frontierland looking towards Liberty Square. Pretty thin crowds.
Picture178-1.jpg

Attractions we experienced this morning were Winnie the Pooh, Snow White, Dumbo, Mad Tea Party, Goofy's Barnstormer, Buzz Lightyear, TTA, The Laugh Floor, Big Thunder Mountain (Fastpass) Splash Mountain (Fastpass), Hall of Presidents, and Pirates of the Caribbean. We were going to ride Stitch's Great Escape, but it was broken down.

Here is a photo of Anna and I getting ready to ride Dumbo.
Picture167-1.jpg

Here's a shot of Anna and I going down the big hill of Splash Mountain. DOWN THE CHUTE!!
Picture177-1.jpg

The Liberty Bell riverboat.
Picture174-1.jpg

Buzz Lightyear Anamatronic. "Attention Space Rangers....Standby!"
Picture170-1-1.jpg

Lollipop trees in Tomorrowland.
Picture168-1.jpg

We left the Magic Kingdom around 1:30PM. On our way out we saw the Mayor of Main St. He's a heck of a nice guy.
Picture179-1.jpg

We took the monorail back to the Polynesian. We strolled around the Great Ceremonial House. I took a few photos.

Here's a few shots of Captain Cooks; the counter service restaurant at the Polynesian. You can order your food at the video kiosks. They also serve Dole Whip.
Picture180-1.jpg

Seating area. Additional seating is next door and outside.
Picture181-1-1.jpg

Captain Cooks baked goods
Picture182-1.jpg

Here's a shot of the coffee bar. Later in the day it turns into a Sushi bar.
Picture166-1-1.jpg

We are planning on taking it easy the rest of the afternoon. Kim went out to the quiet pool to catch some sun. Anna and I may head to the arcade. We have a 6:30 ADR at Ohana tonight. I'll let you know how our experience goes there. I may also leave Kim and Anna this evening, take the monorail over to EPCOT, catch Illuminations and walk around World Showcase to work off the food we will eat at Ohana.

On a final note, before we left the Magic Kingdom today we stopped at Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip float in honor of our good friend Bawb.
Picture176-1.jpg

More to come!

The wonder of seeing your fun in real time continues, topped off with a Dole Whip For Bawb. Nice.

I'm surprised you didn't FastPass Hall of Presidents! :rotfl2:

Have fun and keep it coming as long as you can!! :goodvibes

The weather looks great - I love those blue skies. That Dole whip looks great too...yummmmm!

Awesome score on Toy Story!! Did you love it? How about Anna and Kim?

Hey - dd wants to know "how could you forget Small World?!"

The weather looks great - I love those blue skies. That Dole whip looks great too...yummmmm!

Awesome score on Toy Story!! Did you love it? How about Anna and Kim?

Hey - dd wants to know "how could you forget Small World?!"

Toy Story is a great ride. I could ride it for hours; however, I don't know if my arm would make it.

We were so worried about getting on attractions with usually long wait times like Dumbo and Snow White we went right past Small World and never got back around to it. I'll snap some photos for you Sarah the next time we ride. :)

You'll have to do some arm exercises before your next trip so you can shoot more on Toy Story!:lmao: All is forgiven by Sarah since you've promised pictures. :)

She wants to know how Anna liked Toy Story.popcorn::

Wednesday, July 16th

The Disney Vacation Club holds a free event there every Wednesday at 4:00PM called Welcome Home Wednesday for DVC members. This was the first time we ever attended. [/B]

Hi! We just joined your Indy DIS meet and I started reading your trip report and realized that DH and one of my DDs were at the Welcome Home meeting with you on Wednesday. It's a Small World After All isn't it! They brought back those bucket hats from AKL. I didn't go because I was tired and my other DD had too much energy and was running around the lake. We just returned last night. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. I don't think we will be returning in the summer (too hot, and too many tour groups).

Enjoy!
DJ

Oh that Dole whip looks sooooo yummy right now!!! Can't wait to hear about Ohanas tonight!!! We are eating there next month!! Have a great evening!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter