Admit it, you've been that rude guest!

I'm pretty sure I've been hit on purpose with a stroller. Again, I walk slow, but I don't think there's any excuse for that.

On POTC a few years ago, there was a person in the row behind me constantly taking flash pictures-- the light was in my peripheral vision and was really distracting and obnoxious. I asked him to stop, and he didn't. So I turned around and snapped a flash picture right in his face (pretending to take a picture of a scene behind me). It was stupidly confrontational of me and I guess pretty rude. But he did stop after that.

I know I have been perceived as the rude guest on several occasions when I have confronted line jumpers. I never want to be the rude guest but sometimes the offense is so blatant that you have to stand up for what's right. Unfortunately, sometimes people in the near vicinty get uncomfortable by confrontation so then I start looking like the "bad guy" :(

Previous poster...baby roaches in the food court?! I would so have done the same thing. Doesn't Florida have restaurant food safety inspections? That would be a big violation. I think they have a consumer complaint line. I would have been all over that one. UGH.:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: Gross![/QUOTE said:
Just an FYI (really not trying to be smart) -Yes there are food safety inspections BUT here in Florida we have these things called Palmetto bugs that look like roaches but the live outside - unless they are faster than you and get in the door. Have to watch out for these guys too because they can fly and get several inches long. So while a bug that looks like a roach in another state might clearly be linked to unsanitary gross conditions in the food area, here they may have been hanging out in the flower bed and decided to come in for a little AC.

I can also honestly say that I am not that guest. I am a patient and optimistic person by nature and generally let things roll off my back.

I speak along with the voice in the elevator on Haunted Mansion. I can't seem to help myself. It happens every time.

Oh I'm sure I annoy tons of people.

I am a fast walker and nothing drives me nuts more than people who want to lolly gag in the walk way. Or stroll and talk right in the middle of the path. Or walk in a wide bunch and take twice the space they need so that people get stuck behind the group while they discuss directions, plans, the weather, if little Susie's dress isn't the most perfect...

I mean even when I am looking around I seem to out pace people. So I cut around them. I've even cut through them if they decide to stop.

Move with a purpose or I will walk around you.
We call what you do the "my time is MUCH more valuable than yours" people.

I don't think it's rude to walk around people. Through their group, maybe, :) but not around. I walk around people all the time and if I'm going slowly, I don't have a problem with people walking around me!
Walking around is no problem. Walking around with sighs, huffs and eyerolls is a problem. Cutting through groups because you think they are too slow is rude.

Does it count if you're rude to a moron?

I can recall one instance on our last trip... I was trying to get my stroller out of a stroller park, the one between Adventure & Frontier Lands by County Bear Jamoboree. It's pretty tight in there to begin with and some woman & her grown up daughter were standing reading a map or something right in front of my stroller. I said excuse me 3 times, I was physically trying to back my stroller up so she could see what I was doing and she didn't budge (language was not a barrier because she was speaking English to her daughter), so I forced the issue and ended up bumping into her. She shot me a look and made a rude comment, to which I responded with an equally rude comment. She started to spew something again, but her daughter actually backed her down. Probably a good thing, because I was not in the mood. Normally I just let that idiocy roll off my me, but I was hot & tired and just the wrong time to run into an idiot.

I find the people who block others in the parthway rude, but it's all about perceptions and which end of the interaction you are on.

I never said I sighed or rolled my eyes and I only go through groups when they are spread out with enough room to walk without touching them.

Luckily I'm pretty laid back and don't sweat what others think. As long as I don't knock people over or run into strollers and EVC's or separate a kid from a parent (which I don't because safety ) I just tour at my speed and leave others to tour at thiers.

OK - the part of the intro to RnRC, where Aerosmith are in the recording studio and a CM (acting as a tour guide) is meant to shout "Hey Steven, what about some backstage passes?", but they don't....

That mildly irritates me. If I catch on quick enough that the CMs aren't going to do it, I have done it myself.

Apart from the usual - prams/strollers being used as ramming devices, line jumping, bus line jumping, people blocking the way etc I think I am pretty much angelic :littleangel:

Thats not the case alot of times. If you're walking slowly, but walking none the less, ill walk slowly behind you.. but if your at a dead stop trying to take photos or too enthralled with an interactive queue to notice that your holding up a ton of people then you deserve to be passed.

I "legally skip" a lot of times.....people may think its rude, but I'm just "filling in all the available space!!" I mean, if you don't want to get closer to the door in a holding area, then its not my problem.....I'll get on before you haha

I am also a bob and weave type fast walker when it comes to leaving.....I turn on my Disney Walking Skills.....or what I like to call "people dodging"

I was snarky about a CM at 'Ohana last fall to my husband and the CM overheard. I felt terrible. We had eaten our appetizers and had been waiting quite a while for anyone to come around with meat skewers. A CM finally came to the table next to us, so I figured we would be next, instead, he skipped us and went to the table on the other side of us. I said something to my DH like "Helloooo - we would like some meat too" and the CM heard. He then came to our table and said something to the effect of he had to serve the tables in the order they were seated. I felt really bad because I only meant for DH to hear my rudeness.

Last November I was that guy in the food court at POP. My youngest daughter was in a wheel chair and i was gathering all the condiments from the dispensers with her behind me being the transport for our food. This gent about my age sticks his hands in above mine as i was dispensing mustard. I told him to back off and when he wouldn't I magically assisted him in taking a step away from our food. Nothing was said afterward but I wish I had just stepped back and let him be the only rude person.

I hollered at a teenager at SWW this past trip. We (DH, my two DS and me) were in line for the preview of Disney Infinity 3.0 and you were only supposed to play one mission and then give the next person a turn. (We specifically asked the attendants how long you were allowed to play.) This teenager was playing and of course he was good and his mission lasted a really long time, well then his mission ended and a big "MISSION OVER" flashed up on the screen. I gave the kid a minute and he still didn't leave, he just kept playing and proceeded to start another mission........ Well of course I spazzed out and screamed to the attendant "He's playing another mission!!!" I then proceeded to holler at the kid "You are so selfish! Give someone else a chance."

The things that surprised me the most was that his Dad (or some other adult) was waiting for him just outside the tent and clearly heard me yelling at the kid. I can't believe that a). The Dad didn't make the kid stop after he played the first mission like he as supposed to OR b). That the Dad didn't say something to me for hollering at his kid.

Do I feel bad about it? Eh, not really. I know he was just a teenager, but from my perspective, if one of my kids would have done that they would have been in trouble. You share and you take your turn. End of story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter