adjoining rooms

KatInHat

Mouseketeer
We booked 2 rooms at POP for a week in Sept. We paid for preferred rooms and I requested adjoining rooms. We probably won't arrive at POP until close to midnight; do you think theres any chance that we will get the adjoining rooms that we requested? Is there anything I could do before we arrive that would give us a better chance?
How are they with honoring requests?

You'll certainly get adjoining rooms, because in Disney-reservation-speak, 'adjoining' simply means 'near each other'. Could be next door, could be across the hall, could be down the hall. If you're traveling with another party and request adjoining, they pretty much manage to get you pretty close to the other group.

But, I suspect what you wanted was two rooms with an internal door that connects them, so that you don't have to go outside to go to the other room? If that's the case, you need to call and change your request to connecting rooms.

You'll certainly get adjoining rooms, because in Disney-reservation-speak, 'adjoining' simply means 'near each other'. Could be next door, could be across the hall, could be down the hall. If you're traveling with another party and request adjoining, they pretty much manage to get you pretty close to the other group.

But, I suspect what you wanted was two rooms with an internal door that connects them, so that you don't have to go outside to go to the other room? If that's the case, you need to call and change your request to connecting rooms.

Thank you, I didn't realize the difference between adjoining and connecting I thought they meant the same thing. So, if I call and change my request to connecting rooms what are my chances of actually getting them?

If you aren't finicky about your other requests (building, floor, location), they do their best. We had two connecting rooms last December. The only request they managed besides connecting rooms was 50s buildngs. And since we arrive late in the day (cross-country flights), we have to take what we can get.

They originally had us on the ground floor and were able to move us to the second floor (we prefer top). Location was fine--no excessive noise. I was a bit concerned about neighbors tap dancing on our heads, as my friend is a very light sleeper. No issues!

I would think the earlier you arrive in the day, the better your chances are for connecting rooms. And time of year--if it's at a major holiday, your chances may be lower.

If they have families needing connecting rooms where one adult cannot be in each room, they have preference (single adult with multiple children) over others.

I just reread your post. Staying in a preferred location may limit your chances of connecting rooms a bit more than general resort--there are fewer preferred rooms that regular rooms. Or not. If the preferred rooms are not heavily booked during your stay, your chances might actually be better!

Did I confuse everyone sufficiently? *LOL*

Generally, the earlier you check in, the better. They have more flexibility to move you around to accomodate your requests earier in the day when fewer rooms are officially spoken for/occupied. If they cannot give you the connecting rooms when you get there, ask if you can be moved the following day. The downside to this is that it's likely you'll have a portion of the day that you don't have a room to call home.:rolleyes:

I am not sure where I read it from. But I have the impression that connecting rooms are one with a king bed and the other with two doubles. Is that right?

We were given connecting rooms at POFQ in February and we didn't even request them! [just 2 regular rooms - no king bed] I think it's just the luck of the draw. We were the only people in the lobby checking in at the time so that probably helped our chances. Good luck!

I am not sure where I read it from. But I have the impression that connecting rooms are one with a king bed and the other with two doubles. Is that right?

Not necessarily. Some may have that configuration, but most don't.

This a layout of one of the floors of an All Star Building showing types of rooms and connecting rooms that are available there.

allstarroomlayoutlarge.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter