Adding one person to previously booked ADRs

SC Mouse Fan

Mouseketeer
I just wanted to ask the experts their thoughts on a dilemma with our ADRs. I have booked some great meals for our Nov 20 -29 visit to WDW. They include:

Date Resaurant Choice Meal time
Friday, Nov 20 Yak and Yeti 4:45
Saturday, Nov 21 Tutto Italia 6:05
Sunday, Nov 22 Boma 6:10
Monday, Nov 23 Le Cellier 6:30
Tuesday, Nov 24 Sci Fi 4:45
Wed, Nov 25 Garden Grill 7:30
Thursday, Nov 26 Crystal Palace 5:30
Friday, Nov 27 Biergarten 5:05
Saturday, Nov 28 San Angel (Lunch) 12:30

All of these reservations are for 6 people.

Now we have added one more person to our group which makes it a total of 7. Of course, now many of the good places are full and I can't get reservations as good as these.

My question is, has anyone had experience showing up with one extra person to their ADRs and been allowed to have that person join them? I know there is no problem if you show up with one less person, but how about with an extra person. I am just looking for advice from someone who has experience with this.

I just wanted to ask the experts their thoughts on a dilemma with our ADRs. I have booked some great meals for our Nov 20 -29 visit to WDW. They include:

Date Resaurant Choice Meal time
Friday, Nov 20 Yak and Yeti 4:45
Saturday, Nov 21 Tutto Italia 6:05
Sunday, Nov 22 Boma 6:10
Monday, Nov 23 Le Cellier 6:30
Tuesday, Nov 24 Sci Fi 4:45
Wed, Nov 25 Garden Grill 7:30
Thursday, Nov 26 Crystal Palace 5:30
Friday, Nov 27 Biergarten 5:05
Saturday, Nov 28 San Angel (Lunch) 12:30

All of these reservations are for 6 people.

Now we have added one more person to our group which makes it a total of 7. Of course, now many of the good places are full and I can't get reservations as good as these.

My question is, has anyone had experience showing up with one extra person to their ADRs and been allowed to have that person join them? I know there is no problem if you show up with one less person, but how about with an extra person. I am just looking for advice from someone who has experience with this.

I used to work as a waitress. Right now you're booked at a table for 6. Going to 7 people you'll need a table for 8. A lot depends on if the restaurant has a table available for 8. You can try showing up with the one extra and see if they can seat you. If not, be prepared to dine somewhere else.

When we were there last fall a party tried to add people to their reservation at the podium at Coral Reef and were told they couldn't accomodate their party since they were fully booked. They did offer to see what other restaurants were available that could accomodate them.

As you're going during Thanksgiving week and it will be busy, I would make some backup reservations just in case.

What about booking a table for 2 each night at the same time (preferably in a nearby location/restaurant). Then each night, your additional person can have a different dining companion or a couple can sneak off together?

It looks like you are going Thanksgiving week. I would go with hopes but I would not expect an 8 top to be available when you show up at the podium.

I can only tell you our experience. We tried it once, at Whispering Canyon Cafe, and we were turned away.

I would think if you were going from 2 to 3 or 4, you might stand a chance, but jumping from a table for 6 to 8 is tougher. It's not like the restaurant is full of large tables. You could try asking for 2 tables of 4, but they still might turn you down. :confused3

When I was there in June, they were able to accomodate us as 7 rather than 6 at Sci Fi and LeCellier. At Sci Fi, they put 5 in one car and 2 in the other. At LeCellier, they pulled up a chair to the end of a 6 top.

I would keep trying to see if you can get a table for 7 or as someone else said, try to book a separate table for 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter