Adding extra people to an ADR at 180 +10

JennysSeven

Mouseketeer
Our ADR date is coming up in the next 2 weeks. I just found out my in-laws might want to join us for a couple days while we are at WDW. They will not staying with us at the resort as part of our party. I'm thinking about adding them to a few of our dinner reservations just in case they want to eat with us. I'm assuming I can only make 180 +10 reservations for our immediate party staying on site. Is that correct? So I'd need to go in at the 180 mark for each day and try to add an additional reservation for 2, right? Can I even do that if I don't have 2 extra people in my MDE account? I've never tried to add extra people before. Thanks for any tips!

you should just be able to add them. I was able to add 2 more to our party than our reservation and just when it asks individuals names, I just added the name.

Make you ADR including the extra people. It's much easier to reduce the number if they don't come than to try to add to an existing reservation.

Create extra fake family members and/or link their MDE account(s) to yours. There are no penalties for part of the party not showing up. Adding an additional reservation for 2 doesn't guarantee you'll sit together, modifying your existing reservation and changing the party size gets you all at the same table.

Our ADR date is coming up in the next 2 weeks. I just found out my in-laws might want to join us for a couple days while we are at WDW. They will not staying with us at the resort as part of our party. I'm thinking about adding them to a few of our dinner reservations just in case they want to eat with us. I'm assuming I can only make 180 +10 reservations for our immediate party staying on site. Is that correct? So I'd need to go in at the 180 mark for each day and try to add an additional reservation for 2, right? Can I even do that if I don't have 2 extra people in my MDE account? I've never tried to add extra people before. Thanks for any tips!

As others have posted, make the ADRs for the total number, including your in-laws. It's not as easy as just adding them to existing ADRs as there must be availability for the larger party in order to adjust it. If you add them from the beginning and they end up not going, it won't be a problem to show up without them. As long as others show up for the ADR, you will not get charged for ones that don't. It's much easier (IMO) to do that than it is to try and increase the party size later. Have a great trip! :)

Create extra fake family members and/or link their MDE account(s) to yours.

No need to do this. Just make the ADR for the number of people you will have. You don't have to assign names to the ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter