Add points direct after resale??

AKJ888

Earning My Ears
Hello all!
We are about to close on our first DVC contract and I am ALREADY thinking of the future.
I am wondering if anyone knows, since we are “resale” DVC memebers... Would we still have to option to add on a small amount of points to our contract direct from Disney? If they were available of course. Or would we be limited to resale again?

Anyone can purchase points directly. Once you close on the resale contract and are a member the thresholds are lower than required of people who are not members. At most resorts you can add on contracts as small as 25 points. CCV and perhaps Riviera are a 50 pt minimum for existing members.

Just remember you need 75 direct points to get the PERKS, if that matters to you.

I thought you only need to buy 75 points when you had no contract but if you had a contract you could buy a 25 point contract and get the perks as you were already members.

The OP has resale points, to get perks you need 75 direct points.

Interesting, I will have to check with Disney as i was lead to believe its 25 points. thanks for the heads up as i was looking to add to my resell contract.

It was 25 until 2/28/2018.

OK, I thought the minimum buy if you were not already a member was 75 points but if you have purchased even via resell you could buy a 25 point contract and get the perks.

Thanks for the heads up.

I added on direct after buying my first resale contract at AKV. I did the math and for the price of small contracts on the resale market and direct pricing, there wasn't a huge difference, and the closing costs were less.

We just added 75 SSR direct in June. It was easy-peasy. Cost was about 3.5K more than resale would be but after looking for a month for "the" contract I gave up. I called my guide to request the points one day. He called me back the next. We had points in our account in 36hrs.

OK, I thought the minimum buy if you were not already a member was 75 points but if you have purchased even via resell you could buy a 25 point contract and get the perks.

Thanks for the heads up.
It's a 75 point minimum purchase if you are NOT already a member. If you are a member, you may add on as little as 25 points.

To get the perks, you must have been grandfathered in or you must have at least 75 points that were purchased direct.

For more info on the "grandfathering" dates, check out this post in the DVC Resource Center :

PURCHASE DIRECT FROM DISNEY OR RESALE?

It's a 75 point minimum purchase if you are NOT already a member. If you are a member, you may add on as little as 25 points.

To get the perks, you must have been grandfathered in or you must have at least 75 points that were purchased direct.

For more info on the "grandfathering" dates, check out this post in the DVC Resource Center :

PURCHASE DIRECT FROM DISNEY OR RESALE?

Yes i have spoken to a DVC cast member who is looking to sell us the extra 75 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!